IGNORED

Which Irons Should I Get?

Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been playing X-20's and my ball striking is good enough to warrant some new irons. I just want to know what you think should be the next step. What irons would you recommend as a step up from X-20's? Thanks

In My Bag:

L5V 9.5*
X-Hot 3W
3H HybridIrons: Soon to Come X-Tour Forged 52* 56* 60* Wedges Detour 1

Looking at what's in your bag now and your handicap index why not try the X-Forged irons?
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I'll second the X-Forged Callys. They are sweet looking irons. I hit a few balls with my friends and really like them. When I get my index below 10, they will be my gift to myself.

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

Try out the new Taylormade Tour Preferred irons. I tried them and liked them a lot, but they were just a little too far out of my price range. ($900)

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

I was lookin at the x-forged myself, and with the release of the x-forged II, they might go down in price

In My Bag:

L5V 9.5*
X-Hot 3W
3H HybridIrons: Soon to Come X-Tour Forged 52* 56* 60* Wedges Detour 1

You should consider the forged,my friend has them and there great irons.With your handicap you should move up to them or x20,18 or 16 pro series.my set before my irons were x16 pro series and they were class,to be honest i don't find any difference in them and the ones i have now.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I would hit the X20 Tour's over the x-forged. Give them a try, with the X22 Tours due to come out shortly, they will drop considerably.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

With your handicap.......it opens up a lot of possibilities.

I haven't heard about the X-forged II. I'll have to look at some of those....not that I can play them or anything.....just drool over them.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Try out the new Taylormade Tour Preferred irons. I tried them and liked them a lot, but they were just a little too far out of my price range. ($900)

Although you are probably loyal to Callaway equipment, i second the TP irons from TaylorMade. I have the r7 TP's and I love all aspects of them. Personally, how they look is a pretty big thing for me and I very much like how they are designed.

...and they also play quite well.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

I have the X-Forged.....
Great clubs.

But try the Titleist AP2 before you commit ...WOW

Sucks...
I just updated my handicap from 4 to 6 (bad end of season)
In the bag.....
Burner Superfast
G10 3wd UST V2
hybrid
MP-32 CG10/11 52*,56*,58*,60* wedges Squareback Pro V1Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker T.E. laser range finderBushnell Neo GPS

Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!