IGNORED

Anyone Else buy a Scotty Cameron Ball Tool?

Note: This thread is 5334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sure:

Thanks!

Back to topic. I think a protractor will do the same job as SC's ball mark.

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its weird that people will pay such a premium for a silly alignment aid. Im sure there are some out there that are quite a bit cheaper. Maybe they'll make custom painted lines on these and sell them for like 800 on ebay.

I'm sure it won't be long until someone makes one that is considerably cheaper that does the same job. Here's an idea, someone make it out of plastic. Won't be costing $44 then.

I use the alignment line on the ball to help me make sure I'm starting the ball rolling where I aimed it so if the tool helps me aim it better then I'd be all for using it. But not at that price.

I'm sure it won't be long until someone makes one that is considerably cheaper that does the same job. Here's an idea, someone make it out of plastic. Won't be costing $44 then.

The fact that the ball tool is milled is not why it is so expensive, it is $44 because it can sell for $44

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Back to the rules, if I may. How are these ball markers legal? Specifically I'm concerned with Rule 8-2 b. the last sentence. Am I wrong here?

8-2. Indicating Line of Play a. Other Than on Putting Green Except on the putting green, a player may have the line of play indicated to him by anyone, but no one may be positioned by the player on or close to the line or an extension of the line beyond the hole while the stroke is being made. Any mark placed by the player or with his knowledge to indicate the line must be removed before the stroke is made. Exception: Flagstick attended or held up - see Rule 17-1. b. On the Putting Green When the player's ball is on the putting green, the player, his partner or either of their caddies may, before but not during the stroke, point out a line for putting, but in so doing the putting green must not be touched. A mark must not be placed ANYWHERE to indicate a line for putting .

This marker is clearly intended to "indicate a line for putting"

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

• Administrator

Good thing he's got a patent (or parents) on them (or one or several pending or whatever).

This marker is clearly intended to "indicate a line for putting"

It's not a "mark" though - it's a "marker" - and it's not there when the stroke is played.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Back to the rules, if I may. How are these ball markers legal? Specifically I'm concerned with Rule 8-2 b. the last sentence. Am I wrong here?

I think they mean you can't stick a leaf on your line to help you say "I want to roll it there." But if a leaf is already there you can use it, but you cannot place one for that purpose.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

i have 4 things to say about the new ball tool:
1: it makes total sense, it's so simple and logical.
2: as for the dollars > people will pay for it. SC has passionate follows. It you have issues with aligning putts, whats $44 when it could potentially save you many putts.
3: no one has ever thought to improve the technology of the simple 'ball marker', SC has, and it will sell.
4: unlike the putters, this will be easy to copy, coming to a Chinese based ebay store near you!

All in all, i think its a great little concept that is both simple and effective.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

i have 4 things to say about the new ball tool:

Well put. I agree 100%.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

• Administrator
I thought about pickin one up.is it worth it?

That's up to you to figure out for yourself. For some it is. For others it's not. You're a low enough handicap that something that does this type of thing might very well be useful.

Quite honestly, if I could have made one myself, I might have done so*. If anyone works at a CNC milling place or knows a buddy, they could do just that. They just can't start selling them or risk infringing on a patent (pending). * Not so I could save the money - no doubt my time and materials would be worth far more than $44 - but so I could put my name on it or do some other sort of customizations.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'd get one if they were a little cheaper. 44 is too much for that IMO.

I just got a new pivot tool and oil cloth today which total including shipping was $20 from Scotty C. I couldn't justify spending an extra 40 bucks for a ball marker.

In my SX76 StaDry
Woods: G15 9.0° BB Stiff, G10 14°
Hybrids: i15 20°, Rapture 24°
Irons: AP2 5-PW
Wedges: SM Vokey 51°, 56°, 60° Putter: Circa '62 No. 2 (Gun Metal Blue) Ball: ProV1

Like with the saying, if people make it, people will buy it. I'm tempted just because it's a marker that does more. Will it help my game? Maybe...maybe not. Most likely not! lol. But it's a great concept and enough to lasso in the people that goes... "hmm...that is a cool idea"

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

i've heard mixed things about Scotty's newest creation. But what really makes me want to get one is the fact that JB Holmes lost his at the ryder cup, and had one overnighted to Vahalla. This product has sold out numerous times, so it must be popular, but is it effective?

I am a good player, but my game lives and dies with my putting. Ive been working to improve my putting, but i am very very streaky in terms of putting. could this tool be effective in providing confidence when im struggling.

909D3 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 7 Lime Green Exotics cb2 15 Aldila DVS S-85 Slingshot 17° UST Irod S-110g G10 21° TFC S-129g i10 S300 Green Dot 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 56° and 60° Made for the Tour AOP Newport PP

Age 16

Home CoursesRoyal Hawk...

• Administrator
I am a good player, but my game lives and dies with my putting. Ive been working to improve my putting, but i am very very streaky in terms of putting. could this tool be effective in providing confidence when im struggling.

Perhaps. I putted pretty well the first time I played with it:

http://web.me.com/iacas/Scorecard/ro...1031-p192.html The one three-putt I had was due to the acorn my ball hit on the first long putt. I one-putted from 6, 8, 8, 10, 6, 4, 12, 2, and 8 feet. I wish it weren't quite so shiny. A black ball marker with white lines might be a bit easier to line up and would reduce glare. It's also fairly thick, so nobody will be putting over the thing, that's for sure. But on the whole, the thing probably improved my accuracy a good deal. It is a lot easier to look at where it's pointing, say "okay, about half a line right" and line your ball up to the Tool rather than try to aim it looking at the hole. For some reason, I've found that my right eye dominance tends to make me line the ball up too far right when I'm not paying attention. This will end that habit.

I wish it weren't quite so shiny. A black ball marker with white lines might be a bit easier to line up and would reduce glare. It's also fairly thick, so nobody will be putting over the thing, that's for sure.

I can bet you can get that done for another 80$ at Scottys Custom Shop

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Note: This thread is 5334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!