IGNORED

Obama's "redistribution of wealth"

st0wgolf08
Note: This thread is 5655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He made it up, obviously. Either that or he should be making a fortune in the "crystal ball manufacturing" business.

My assumption as well. That's why I asked. That's just more of the propaganda going around that the desperate McCain supporters I buying into.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you might not want to increase the taxes on the people and businesses who are supposed to supply those jobs. Or have you been employed by a poor person before?

This is where I get start to get irritated, Smallville. The people whose taxes are going to be raised are

not poor, and they will be in no way poor after their rates (again, for the top two brackets) revert to what they were under Clinton.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I will post this again..........

Per the Tax Policy Center, here is how Obama's tax plan breaks down for individuals:
$0-$18,891 = $567 tax cut
$18,982-$37,595 = $892 tax cut
$37,596-$66,354 = $1,118 tax cut
$66,355-$111,645 = $1,264 tax cut
$111,646-$160,972 = $2,135 tax cut
$160,973-$226,918 = $2,796 tax cut
$226,919-$603,402 = $121 tax increase
$603,403-$2.87 million = $93,709 tax increase
$2.87 million-plus = $542,882 tax increase

In the
AMP Cart Bag
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I think you're still missing the point.

I'm not the only one. ^^^^^^^^^ And no, the choice is not as clear to me as it must be to you . . . but McCain is the lesser of the two in my opinion.
This is where I get start to get irritated, Smallville. The people whose taxes are going to be raised are

I agree, the rich will not be poor. And in the end, they'll make what they did before anyway. How? I already said: move to another place, raise prices or cut payroll.

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I will post this again..........

Don't post it again, TJK.

erniebanks already told you there isn't going to BE a tax cut for anyone. Stop posting data from independent sources and pay attention! Jeez.

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

I'm not the only one. ^^^^^^^^^

I agree with the "lesser" part ;)

In the
AMP Cart Bag

I agree with the "lesser" part ;)

Funny, but you knew what I meant.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I'm not the only one. ^^^^^^^^^

You're right - McCain is the lesser of the two

Up until about 2 weeks ago or so, I was undecided...but then I decided I actually want (GASP!!!) a smart man in the White House.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

At the end of his first term, FDR saw his New Deal as a great success. Therefore, he made an attempt to balance the budget in 1937. While the U.S. economy had grown considerably during the four years since he entered office, it wasn't yet strong enough to overcome the withdrawal of federal funding that had fueled much of its recent growth. As a result, the country went into recession by the end of 1937 and into 1938, when Republicans made gains during the midterm elections. It didn't have anything to do with taxes, it had to do with the inability of the private sector to shoulder the load when when the public sector cut back its investment.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Anyone heard of Denken Research & Consulting? I hope it's non-partisan, but I figured I'd share this with you all - http://denkenresearch.com/articles/P...allBiz-new.pdf

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

And no, the choice is not as clear to me as it must be to you . . . but McCain is the lesser of the two in my opinion.

I told someone the other day I wished I could vote

for someone for President again, I haven't since 1984.

Bag: Old Gunny Sack
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5*
Wood: G10 15.5*
Hybrid: G10 21*
Irons: Knock off Pings Wedge: CG-11 56* SW, CG-12 52* GapPutter: Rossa DaytonaGrips: Winn ExtremesBall: Water Logged

Not in the least, but saying 3k is an insentive to "create" a job is a canard and an insult. Companies create jobs when it creates more profit than the expense it imposes, not to feel good about themselves.... jmoc

Your analysis of the situation and the impact of a $3k tax credit is deeply flawed. As you point out, the company will only hire if it's going to create profit. A company has to hire a certain number of people to get its job done. It's going to have to hire them *somewhere*. Labor is less expensive overseas, but there are additional expenses (shipping, maintaining a foreign office, legal costs, import duties, etc, etc, etc). In the end, though, the tax credit makes it $3k (using your number, I haven't independently verified this) cheaper to hire in the US than it would be to otherwise.

The point is not to give companies free employees, the point is to make it more attractive to hire the employees it needs anyway in the US.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Where did you get this info from. I am just curious. Is it something you read from a reputable source or did you hear it from some guy and are now passing it off as truth. I am really wondering. Not being a smart ass.

With which part do you have trouble ?

The push back part came from OB's mouth. The tax increase part comes from Democrat history (See W. J. Clinton) Took him 3 months to decide that we needed the tax increases he said were not coming. Like I said, check the history. BTY George the elder did it too. That was after his "Read my lips" statement.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

The Economist endorses Obama "wholeheartedly" I guess they, along with The Financial Times , who endorsed Obama on Monday think his "redistribution of wealth" plan must be pretty damn good for business since business is their raison d'etre .

The Economist: It's Time .

The Financial Times: Obama is the better choice

What's in my bag:

Oh come on. You all know that Biden fumbled on his words again. Don't be disingenuous. Plain and simple: The Obama tax plan has the top two income brackets reverting to what they where under Clinton. That's it.

Hoho! But there it is, notice how anytime Biden fumbles his words only 1 news station airs it, but when Palin buys some new clothes, that's on all of them.

The Economist

While I'm glad that more and more support is being thrown Obama's way, I honestly don't think ANY mainstream news media whatsoever should endorse any candidate. Sorry, kinda off-topic, but it only leads to each camp feeling like they're holding up a trophy...regardless if its American media or not

While I'm glad that more and more support is being thrown Obama's way, I honestly don't think ANY mainstream news media whatsoever should endorse any candidate. Sorry, kinda off-topic, but it only leads to each camp feeling like they're holding up a trophy...regardless if its American media or not

Yeah, I hear you. But I think endorsements like that stand in stark, useful contrast to the barrage of last minute misinformation coming out of the McCain campaign and the right wing 527's

What's in my bag:

Hoho! But there it is, notice how anytime Biden fumbles his words only 1 news station airs it, but when Palin buys some new clothes, that's on all of them.

Politicians mince their words while giving speeches all the time. A cash-strapped campaign that can't afford ad time in battleground states spending six figures' worth of donor money to dress up a candidate they're selling as the voice of the working class, on the other hand, is a rather unique occurrence.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 5655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!