IGNORED

Club distances? Is there a mean and max?

Note: This thread is 5565 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Uh oh.. lol here we go. Just a funny question.

So if you can hit farther on that elevation. Are the courses longer to compensate?

In other words, 800 yards for par 4? LOL!

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

No because distance does not determine score. At my home course we do have a 492 yard par 4. It is very challenging.

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

I'm wondering if there is a pretty standard distance table given a certain swingspeed, if they hit it sweet of course

Not likely. There is nothing standard in golf. One companies 5 iron is anothers 3 iron and with manufacturing tolerances one 5 iron from the same company could measure 22* and another could measure 26*. That difference could equate to 6 yards of carry. The same golfer would hit those "5" irons different distances.

Whats in the bag?
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

Whats in the bag?

Distances hit are different for everyone. To complicate matters further not all club sets have the same lofts for the same club. One company's PW might have 45 degrees of loft and another 47. Obviously the club with less loft will go farther for any given golfer.

What you need to do is figure out what your natural distances are for your current clubs. You do this by spending time on the range and by paying attention to how far you normally hit your clubs when playing. Give it a few weeks or so of regular play/practice and you should have a pretty good idea about what you can expect from your clubs when you hit them well. I made a little cheat sheet for myself after I'd been playing with my clubs to help me remember. Now I don't need to look anymore because I remember what I get. I play with a lot of people who are amazed at how far I can hit a particular club but I also play with guys who have to hit a couple of clubs less then me for the same distance. Everyone is different. Figure out what you can hit it and don't worry about other people.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

No because distance does not determine score. At my home course we do have a 492 yard par 4. It is very challenging.

Child's play

I looked it up and the carry increase for a golf ball at altitude is 1 yard per 1000 feet of elevation.

Whats in the bag?

Cheating????????? I am just lucky enough to live in colorado. I could hit it 300 at 0 feet of elevation. I can swing at 120 mph if I want to but a controlled swing is at 110 mph. Do the math 110 mph X 2.8 yards per mph = 308 Yards of carry for solid contact. YAHOO

I was only joking sport - hence the

at the end. I've got relatives in CO (Colorado Springs), so I know how lucky you are to live there (but I've never golfed in CO myself). I am jealous of course. I tend to play at between 500 and 2500 feet MSL (mean sea level), near the coast in SoCal, and don't get the advantage of less dense air like you do. Totally unfair. Then again, I might have breathing problems clambering up some of the steeper slopes on a mountainside course ..... I did play Silvertip in Canada (near Banff) once, quite elevated IIRC. Shot a rather large number. Of course, the BIG advantage would be significantly reduced gravitational force. Sooooo, what would a typical par 4 hole length be on the moon, say? 2000 yards perhaps? And a course length of 50,000 yards might seem reasonable. Hmmm, where would one of my big pushed drives end up in that case? - another galaxy perhaps.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Here are my current yardages
D (10.5)- 260
3H-165-180
4H-150-160
5-145
6-135
7-134 ( )
8- 130
9- 125
P- 110
SW-70 (I dont get my sand wedge. It's me, and I just can't get a longer distance out of this club. )

Driver- Nike Sasquatch 10.5/Aldila VS Proto ByYou
5 wood- Taylormade CGB Max Clone
3-PW- Nike Pro Combo Tour Clones
3 Hybrid (2i replacement)-Ben Hogan Edge CFT
Wedge- Vokey 56 degree Oil Can ClonePutter- Guerin Rife 2-Bar CloneBag- Cougar Hydro III Carry Bag

I dont know my exact distances but i use my 5 iron from 150 yards and my driving average is about 200-220 yards

In my ozone bag:

905r 10.5 Graphite Design YS-6+ R
909 F2 15.5 Aldila VooDoo Fairway S
Benross VeloCT Resuce 21 Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum R MX300s 4-PW KBS Tour S MP-T10 50/8 Chrome 54/11 and 60/7 Studio Select Newport II 35"

I was only joking sport - hence the

The question now, I think, is...

Is it better to practice in higher elevations or lower elevations? I would think lower... I know that higher elevation does help with cardio but of course, that is if you are doing anything such as running.

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

Good question. Probably lower is better, because if you practice at Khatmandu Muni you're prolly going to have an unrealistic view of your capabilites with the driver at Pebble Beach. And you're liable to drop it into the drink on certain Par 3's. On the other hand, you'll be a whizz at handling altitude changes and side-hill lies .....

Good grief, the crazy things we start to consider on this 'ere forum ....

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• 2 months later...
These are what I play them to when calculating the next shot I want, obviously conditions change everything. These are also with a slight fade bc that is my natural shot

60* 80
54* 110
pw 140
9i 150
8i 160
7i 180 (big difference, dont know why)
6i 190
5i 200
4i 213
3i 222
5w 240 (only hit stingers with it)
3w 275
D 300
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

These are what I play them to when calculating the next shot I want, obviously conditions change everything. These are also with a slight fade bc that is my natural shot

That 3W, is that off deck or tee? nice distances btw.

Tee. But I dont lose much off the deck. When I tee it up its only about 1/5th of an inch up.
Thank you
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

I dont know my exact distances but i use my 5 iron from 150 yards

Hey that sounds a lot like me!! I feel like I lose a bit of distance because I hit the ball so high. I havent quite figured out how to lower that trajectory yet but we will see.

Note: This thread is 5565 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!