IGNORED

100 yards out...what % do you hit the green?

Note: This thread is 5448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

50/50 shot, most often with my gap wedge

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well it depends on the lie of the ball.. if it's on the fairway (which doens't really happen that often) i ama say 65% with a full SW or a 3/4 PW.

but if the lie is crappy.. the percentage ranges from 20% - 0%.

I'd say out of the rough, 40%
From fairway, 55%
Sand 20%
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

Gap Wedge...very comfortable with it from 50 to 120 yards.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Not sure exactly, but from 100 yards out I'll hit it almost every time, may not be next to the pin, but it will be on there somewhere. My problem is getting myself off the tee well enough to get in position to hit the greens.

Roughly 50% of the time, maybe a little less.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I easily hit 85% from 75-125 because those are wedge distances, but it is not always close to the hole. I usually average probably 15-20 feet from those distances. Those distances are automatic two putts, so I am making par and I will take 18 pars everytime.

If I were you I would go to the range and instead of hitting the driver, I would grab my wedges and short irons and hit 95% ball with them. Then go and chip and putt for 30-45 minutes, focusing on distance control, and your scores will drop.

In My University of Kentucky Bag:

R9 460
R9 T3
TP Rescue 17, 21 degree R7 TP 3-PW W/ Project X 6.0 Rac Z TP Wedges 50, 54, 58 Rife Two Bar Hybrid Mallet TP Black Pro V1

I feel like ive posted in this thread already..From 100 yards, im probably on the green (or atleast in the fringe) 90% of the time.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Get to a par-3 course and try it out. That's a great way to test it. It seems like it is strongly correlated with handicap. Here's my best guess pulled only slightly out of my ass:

Handicap 100 yd %
+6-0 > 99%
0-5 > 95%
5-10 > 90%
10-15 > 80%
15-20 > 70%
>20 < 70%

Correct me if it seems like I'm blowing smoke.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Note: This thread is 5448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!