IGNORED

Tiger's irons

Pl0we
Note: This thread is 5589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

but honestly, do you think Nike would let Tiger play someone elses irons after paying him all that money? and Tiger even helped design the new VR irons, which he will be playing this coming year. or will those be Miura irons with a Nike stamp too?

honestly, do you think Nike would care what irons he plays as long as it looks like hes playing their irons? Tiger gets paid to

represent nike. They make money as long as his irons look like Nike blades. Again, I never said that he uses Miura.
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

this discussion is so old.

too old.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

What might happen is that a Miura and Nike work together and have an employee at the nike plant who makes the pros clubs. But thats probably a long shot.....

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

i think nike has the money to make a iron to tigers liking. we al no that nike has the material that tiger uses in his irons. i think they have the money to buy a machine or pay someone to make em the way tiger likes them i would defiantly belive they are forged at nikes forging place

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

What might happen is that a Miura and Nike work together and have an employee at the nike plant who makes the pros clubs. But thats probably a long shot.....

That'd be convenient! :P

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

He said that he won the US Open at Torrey Pines with the new irons on TV when he had Anthony Kim as his guess.

No, he said he was the first player to win with a victory red club in the bag (wedge).

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

honestly, do you think Nike would care what irons he plays as long as it looks like hes playing their irons? Tiger gets paid to

Yes, I

DO think Nike cares whose irons he is using. Its ridiculous to even think they they wouldnt care. Tiger gets paid to play Nike equipment and wear Nike clothes. His contract states he must have a certain number of Nike irons in his bag. Not Miura. Its obvious that these rumors of Tiger using Miura irons will never stop even though there is no proof of it. I just wonder if once he starts using the VR blades if people will still think they are Miura irons, even though Tiger had a hand in designing them. Maybe then this stupid rumor will be put to rest....

I'll just say this because I dont have a solid source to make a real argument. Really strong widespread "rumors" unproven they may be are more often than not at least partially true

Clubs I havent thrown in a lake yet

Driver: R7 CGB max 9.5*
Woods: R5 3, and 5 woods
Hybrids: Rescue Burner 22*, 25*Irons: CG Red 6 - PWWedges: CG12 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: 1 of 100 handmade pebble beach http://scottycameronblog.com/2007/09...pebble-beach/#Vegas golf sucks!!

Yes, I

I'm pretty sure you are wrong about the contract. I saw an interview with people asking why use Nike clubs, when you can pick whatever you want with your contract. He said because he thought they were the best. I'm pretty sure in his contract it says that Tiger can play whatever he wants, so that he would never have to be held back by any equipment in his mind.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong about the contract. I saw an interview with people asking why use Nike clubs, when you can pick whatever you want with your contract. He said because he thought they were the best. I'm pretty sure in his contract it says that Tiger can play whatever he wants, so that he would never have to be held back by any equipment in his mind.

yes, you are right, he really doesnt HAVE to play Nike irons if he doesnt want to, but if someone gave you half a billion dollars, im pretty sure you (not you personally, just sayin) would use their irons. but like i said, i really DO think they would care if he was using someone elses irons...

but as far as Tiger using Miura irons, this quote comes directly from the NY Times in an interview with Mr Miura: " Miura said in an e-mail message that in the late 1990s he forged irons for Woods under the Titleist name, then a Woods sponsor ." this is probably ONE of the reasons why people think he still uses Miura irons: because Miura forged irons for Titleist in the late 90's...

This is from Miura's website...

"You've probably never heard of Katsuhiro Miura of his gold clubs.
Given the fact that his company does not advertise on any of the networks during PGA Tour events or pay endorsements to any players, why should you?

Then agan, Jose Maria Olazabal knows who he is. So do Curtis Strange and Ian Woosnam, J.L. Lewis and a number of other Tour professionals. They have put Miura's clubs in their bags, and in the case of Woosnam and Olazabal, have won the Masters with them. Even Tiger Woods, reportedly, played with a set of irons made by Miura when he first signed with Titleist in 1997."

as is this ...

""After a 47-year career forging clubs for generations of major champions including, from Ian Woosnam to Tiger Woods, master craftsman Katsuhiro Miura's very own brand of irons can now be appreciated by mere mortals. But beware, these stunning tri-ground blades (triple forged for a tight molecular structure) are for better players only, with a thin topline and a centre of gravity closer to the heel than most irons."

So, definitinvely, Tiger has (at one time) used Miura's. I think that Miura still forges Tiger's irons - for Nike. They're still Nike clubs, just made by Miura - with all of the special Miura metals and triple forging. Just like my Dr. Pepper was bottled by an independent bottler, it's still Dr. Pepper.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

No, that would be one of the stupidest marketing ploys in the whole flipping world. If Nike pays Tiger millions of dollars, why would the make it so he didn't even have to use one of their clubs if he didn't want to?

I mean seriously think about it. For the purpose of proving my point I will say you are correct, Tiger doesn't have to play any Nike clubs. So lets say next season Tiger wins the US Open again. All the new papers rant and rave over his win, back to back US Open wins. The monday after the US Open you turn to The Golf Channel and Golf Central is on at the moment. They are talking about Tiger's win, and they do the whole section about What's in the Bag of the winner. But not a single club in Tiger's bag is Nike. What do the fans think? Oh Tiger doesn't even play any Nike clubs, so I'm not going to buy anything from them. You may think this won't happen, but it would. Many people, hackers and player's alike, only give Nike clubs a try because Tiger Woods plays them. People think, ooh I'm going to have the same clubs as Tiger! If he doesn't use Nike's then not many people will try Nike clubs. I see all over different golf Forums (Golf WRX, TST, etc.) that many people don't think Nike makes good clubs, and they should have never tried them. And with Tiger playing other clubs those people won't try Nike's, they will try other companies, and Nike would be wasting millions of dollars on something that doesn't make them money. Now does that make any business sense? No? I didn't think so. The only club that Tiger can have that isn't Nike is his putter. He has a 13 club, full apparel and footwear contract. Anything less just wouldn't be beneficial to Nike.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

No, that would be one of the stupidest marketing ploys in the whole flipping world. If Nike pays Tiger millions of dollars, why would the make it so he didn't even have to use one of their clubs if he didn't want to?

Your still missing the point of my argument. Nike doesn't care if Tiger plays Nike irons, as long as it looks like he does. I wouldn't care if he actually does, as long as people think that the world's best plays my clubs. Most people wouldn't know if he played something other than Nike, so they would still buy Nike clubs. Nike couldn't care less what he plays, as long as it looks like it is Nike.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong about the contract. I saw an interview with people asking why use Nike clubs, when you can pick whatever you want with your contract. He said because he thought they were the best.

Your still missing the point of my argument. Nike doesn't care if Tiger plays Nike irons, as long as it looks like he does. I wouldn't care if he actually does, as long as people think that the world's best plays my clubs. Most people wouldn't know if he played something other than Nike, so they would still buy Nike clubs. Nike couldn't care less what he plays, as long as it looks like it is Nike.

No I'm not missing any point, you are changing your own. The bolded statement in your first post clearly says "what ever he wants." Not "something that looks like Nike clubs."

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I think you guys need to wake up to the fact that Nike is really making some fantastic clubs now a days.

Aside from my putter I would have no problem playing an entire Nike bag and as soon as their new gear is released I just might.

Hell, Rocco Mediate is sponsored by Callaway and he was playing one of the new Nike Dymo's at the skins game this year.

Look it up.

Certified G.O.L.F. Machine Addict

I've not read the entire thread, so I don't know if this has been mentioned already. When I watched the "Tee it up With Tiger" shows on TGC, they mentioned the VR irons and I'm pretty sure Tiger claimed to have had these in the bag during the US Open. I would have to watch the episodes again to confirm that. But he and Anthony Kim, both said they (The VR's are in the bag now).

I don't know what Tiger's contract says. I really doubt anyone on this website TRULY knows what's involved with his contract. Obviously, all of his clubs don't HAVE to be Nike. . .he's had the same Cameron/Titleist putter in the bag for nearly a decade. So, who knows, really?. . . . .

I've not read the entire thread, so I don't know if this has been mentioned already. When I watched the "Tee it up With Tiger" shows on TGC, they mentioned the VR irons and I'm pretty sure Tiger claimed to have had these in the bag during the US Open. I would have to watch the episodes again to confirm that. But he and Anthony Kim, both said they (The VR's are in the bag now).

Again, he has a 13 club, full apparel and footwear contract. That one club he doesn't have is Nike is his Cameron, hence a 13 club contract not 14. It's not that hard to figure out the big outline of the contract.

Here's what I play:

Note: This thread is 5589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!