IGNORED

Top two training aids

uttexas
Note: This thread is 5330 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

a large mirror,

video cam,

slow playback feature on video cam.

my reasoning is that golf is a very dynamic activity,,,anything anytime can go wrong. what we think we are doing is often very different if looked at objectively.

The pro at the course where I play uses a Swingyde from time to time when he is working on his swing. I was thinking of investing in one and based on some of the posts here, now I have. Now that I have read up on it a bit, it addresses some issues I have.

My main and only aid has been either my 5 wood or 3 wood, which I lay on the ground when practicing so that I can always keep track of my alignment.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

the only thing I have used is the medicus driver. It was great for me because I just picked up the game a few months back. It wasn't too hard to swing it without it breaking, but I had trouble hitting balls with it. I kept working with it and when I was able to hit balls with it my drives really turned around.

it didnt cure my slice because I have an outside in swing path im learning to correct, but it did add about 30 yards to the drives I hit straight.

The best thing: Tour Tempo ( a good regular tempo lets you build everything else in your swing).

Second best: Momentus Swing Trainer (club). Wakes up your big muscles and provides a sense of a balanced swing.

The frosting on that cake : A good instructor with a camera... in my case, Ron del Barrio .

Practice a lot and practice smart!

SubPar

The best thing:

The Tour Tempo book is in the reading room, just bought it and read over the weekend. I'm interested in your impressions of how it works in practice and how it helps/what it helps if you care to share that. Thanks.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

1. Explanar, I have been using it for about a month and have seen great improvement with the consistancy of my swing. Really eliminates those "Blow-up" holes.
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

The Tour Tempo book is in the reading room, just bought it and read over the weekend. I'm interested in your impressions of how it works in practice and how it helps/what it helps if you care to share that. Thanks.

The book is of little value except for explaining how the tour tempo concept was arrived at. The CD has mp3 sound files with various tempos that conform to the 3:1 theory. I have settled on the 30-10 count and it works wonders for me. I used it a lot at first but then put it away. I recently started taking my mp3 player to the range again and listening to the tempo file when I warm up. It really helps me sync various aspects of my swing because the timing is consistent.

SubPar

Thanks. I plan to download the tracks to my iPod and see what happens. I can't see any harm in developing a consistent tempo. Did you find that developing that tempo did have positive results as far as ball striking?

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

I would have to vote for a towel and a piece of string!
The towel to fold and lay on the ground at right angles to your target line behind the ball. It creates some elevation and encourages a downward hit on the ball. (Ball first, Divot second!)
The string would be braided and 8 feet long. Work a tee through each end and push the tees into the ground so the string is straight at your target. You can now hit balls two inches inside the string without any worry of bumping it off line, trying to get it parallel to the target line etc.
It provides great viual feedback as to the swing path and certainly discourages over the top.
Of course you can also use the towel to dry off and the string to..........the day could not have been that bad!
Andrew Rice

Andrew Rice
www.andrewricegolf.com
www.itsallaboutimpact.com

I would have to vote for a towel and a piece of string!

This is pretty good advice...i have tried both before.

My Sticks
Driver - Adams Tech A4 9.5* Matrix Xcon 7 X flex 266 Freq
3Wd - Exotics CB2 15* Motore F1 S flex tipped to 275 Freq
Hybrid - Taylormade Rescue TP 17* & 21*
Irons - 4 thru PW Mizuno MP 62 +1/2 X100 shaftsWedges - Vokey 52* and Scratch Golf WLD grind 58*Putter - Rife IBF Tour Assie custom fitGri...

Great advice! This method is exactly what my golf instructor had me doing

I would have to say two driving range ball buckets placed upside down and placed a bit apart from each other and a ball in between both. Trying to hit the ball without hitting either bucket. Really helped with staying on plane.

Driver: Adams a4 9015D (Diamana Kai'li) Spined
Wood: TE Exotics XCG-V 3W (VooDoo) SST PURE ®
Hybrids: Scratch Hybrids 18º & 24º (Aerotech FiberSteel i80 & i110) SST PURE ®
Irons: Scratch EZ-1 (KBS Black Nickel) SST PURE ®
Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 (52º, 56º, 64º)Putter: Byron...

Towel under right arm and two irons lined up at your target.

Good aim and draws will result.

No cost because you already have 'em with you.

Great pre-round warm up.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• 7 months later...
For me I would say the Swingyde, as it helped me to keep a 'Late Release' wrist cock...
And the Tour Tempo Book. I had no idea what my Tempo was and the book and CD got my speed up by 8 miles per hour.
Steve Snead

R7 460 10.5 Degrees
Sasquatch 15 & 17 Degrees
MP60's 3-PW
T-Zoid Comp EZ Wedges 52 & 56
CG10 60 Degrees Tour Action Reg.588 64 Degrees White Hot #4 E6+ Balls

This is a great idea. If folks are interested in flexibility/Yoga as an aid, and if you have the Nintendo Wii, then I also recommend the Wii Fit to supplement your workout. The games and exercises include many balance, coordination and Yoga type exercises that make it more entertaining and less like exercise.

Using Wii fit seems almost like a ridiculous idea I'm sure to alot of people, but it does have it's benefits.

I bought it for my wife and tried it out. After taking the balance tests I was amazed at how off center my balance was even when standing straight. I've used it to get a "feel" for what my good centered balance is like and it's drastically different than what I used to think it was. This was a little more exaggerated for me, because I have some pre exisiting medical conditions affecting my lower legs.

In my bag:

Nike SQ DYMO 10.5
Big Bertha 3 Wood
Big Bertha 3-10 IADAMS Tom Watson Classic 54,58 and 64 Wedges Nike Oz 5 Putter/Wilson Staff ( not sure model, bought it in second hand store ) Ball: Bridgestone E6

Note: This thread is 5330 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!