IGNORED

Best score after playing for one year

jermzkill
Note: This thread is 3534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hell it's been 17 years since I started on regulation courses... I may have wrote a score earlier... but I do remember the 1 shot I hit on the sweet spot... 8th Hole Afton Golf Club in Afton NY... 2nd shot into green 180 out... I hit this 3-wood (I paid $2 for it)... nailed it about 40 yards over the green... into the wind... in December probably regulation course maybe 105ish

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing for about a year and a half now and I finally started breaking 100 consistently last month.

If I can dial the driver and woods down than I should be hitting low 90's before winter. We shall see.

I can't remember what my best score is on 18, high 90's. But I shot 31 (+4) at my local Par 3 course a couple weeks ago.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

The first year golfing for me my best score was 85.  I just got dialed in.  Now, I did play a lot of sports growing up, including a lot of baseball and hockey, so my co-ordination I felt was always there.  I remember hitting a lot of greens on my second shots, so there wasn't much chipping involved.  My short game has improved the most since I started playing though.

10 years later, I haven't broken 70 or anything.  In fact, I played that same course where I shot 85 yesterday, and shot an 82, so there you go.  No birdies yesterday, and can't remember exactly how many I had in that 85-round, if any.

This is an interesting thread because it was last year at this time that I started to seriously consider myself a (total hacker) golfer.

I owned clubs as a kid but only played here or there and was terrible. After being invited to play 9 with my brother (who is about a 15 HDCP)last August after not playing for probably 4 or 5 years I started to seriously work at being a "golfer". After a lot of hard work, last month I finally broke 100. I played a lot last fall, went to the range when I could in winter and have played as much as I could. My wife and I had a beautiful baby boy in late May so as you can imagine I haven't been able to play much more than once a week. My biggest problem is having ALL facets of my game click on the same day. There have been days where I have hit the ball 250 and hit almost every fairway but topped and shanked my irons, and there have been days where I hit half my tee shots OOB but still putt like a champ to save double bogey. Once I get it all together consistently I think I have a shot to break 90 by the end of next summer.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

I started to seriously work at being a "golfer". After a lot of hard work, last month I finally broke 100. I played a lot last fall, went to the range when I could in winter and have played as much as I could. My wife and I had a beautiful baby boy in late May so as you can imagine I haven't been able to play much more than once a week. My biggest problem is having ALL facets of my game click on the same day. There have been days where I have hit the ball 250 and hit almost every fairway but topped and shanked my irons, and there have been days where I hit half my tee shots OOB but still putt like a champ to save double bogey. Once I get it all together consistently I think I have a shot to break 90 by the end of next summer.

You sound like my damn golf twin.

Congrats on the baby boy.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

You sound like my damn golf twin.  Congrats on the baby boy.

Thanks Crim. Too bad you re a righty

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

In my 4th year of playing ... broke 100 legit at the end of my 1st year.   Remember, I was using the driver way too much - hitting a lot of OB tee shots (mostly grounding it & snap hooks).    This forum helped a lot (stack and tilt got rid of my slice)...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!