• Cleveland
    • Cobra
    • Sonartec
    • Tour Edge
    • Callaway
    • Nickent
    • Wilson Staff
    • Other (Please Specify)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Sonartec GS Tour is the best fairway wood I've ever hit. You should seriously check them out if you can.

I'm going to get a Titleist 906F4 3 wood -- just trying to find a great deal on Ebay. I want the head of my wood to be (height wise) shorter than normal and the 906F4 seems to fit that mold.

I have issues hitting off the turf with the newer larger fairway woods, Titleist's are still relatively small and so that's why I went with them. Having said that when I play courses with tighter farirways and I need more accuracy I will dump my gap wedge in favor of a 3 wood, which is a 2009 Cleveland launcher.

My 3-wood is a Mizuno F50, which I have had good success with, although I do not use it off the turf that often. It's usually just a second driver for me. I sometimes carry an older Cobra SS Hypersteel 5 wood, which I do hit well off the turf most of the time, but usually don't carry it because I just don't typically need that much distance from fairway. My 2H has taken it's place in the bag for most rounds (unless I'm playing a really long golf course).

I carry a Maxfli A10. The threewood is money off the tee; it's dead straight and pretty long. However, I cannot hit it for crap off the fairway. That's why I have a 5-wood. It's ridiculous off the fairway. 220 yards, high, straight...what's not to like. However, I will buy a new wood. It will probably be a 3 or 4 wood so I can drop the 5 wood and 3 wood. I just need something that I can hit off the fairway.

I have a TEE cb2 that is an absolute canon. One of my all time favorites is Callaways steelhead plus.