IGNORED

My Swing (huphtur)

huphtur
Note: This thread is 6210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's my swing (7 iron, 78mph club speed and 94mph ball speed)
If you open in windoze Media Player it will show both angles at the same time. Does it work on OS-X?
If you rename to .swi, you can open it in SwingPractis and draw swing plane lines.

Here's what my teacher said was wrong (for now):

1. Hands at start are behind ball (that's easy to fix)
  2. Wrist don't break quick enuff (little harder to fix)
  3. Left knee goes inside and my foot lifts up (putting a bucket between my legs will help me fix this)
  4. Club too vertical on downswing (that's gonna be a hard one to fix)

What yall think? There's probably a lot more wrong, but please go easy on me, I only picked up a golf club about 8 months ago.

That looks pretty damn stelar for only 8 months! Seriously. Your position at the top looks really good! The tempo is nice and smooth. And the swing plane is pretty close to being correct.

Faults. 1) You sway (lateral movement to your right side) on the backswing. Try feeling the sensation of your swing turning around your spine. 2) A little too far outside (far away from your body) of the swing plane of your backswing. 3) You keep it outside, sorta pulling across (far from the right thigh, close to the left thigh [an "outside in" path]) on the downswing followthrough. I have seen far FAR worse though.

If you aren't fimiliar with the term "swing plane" take a look at Ben Hogan's book Five Fundamentals the next time you're at Borders. There's good demonstrations on the proper plane in, I think, the third lesson.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
That looks pretty damn stelar for only 8 months! Seriously. Your position at the top looks really good! The tempo is nice and smooth. And the swing plane is pretty close to being correct.

I'd work on #1 first, yeah, and then see how the other two stand. If you can, submit your swing to Swing Check and we'll do a more thorough analysis, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the tips guys. I think the swaying comes from the fact that I didn't use to move at all. When I was at the top, my body was in some sort of reverse C which resulted in me hitting the ground instead of the ball. I had to learn how to take my club more outside and put more weight on my right leg, which I guess I'm overdoing a bit much now heh.

It's pretty crazy trying to go thru swing changes, cuz sometimes you concentrate so hard on the things you try to improve on, that you forget the other stuff. Madd respect for Tiger who keep changing his swing!

Iacas: regarding "Swing Check", I feel I'm too much of a beginner to get such a pro analysis from you guys. But if you think it's good enough, and if this would benefit other people, then be my guest. Will you be using both angles?

• Administrator
Iacas: regarding "Swing Check", I feel I'm too much of a beginner to get such a pro analysis from you guys. But if you think it's good enough, and if this would benefit other people, then be my guest. Will you be using both angles?

We need both angles, yes, so if you can get the video with the proper clubs, we can put you into the queue.

Anyone can benefit from Swing Check, I think. We'll hit on the major things.

Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The video actually has 2 embedded angles (it's some weird dual video wmv format, I have no idea how to convert them into seperate videos). Both angles show up in windows Media Player and with the SwingPractis app. (That's also what I used to record my swing with, they got an Inpractis setup at my range for everyone to use)

Which clubs do I need to record? 9 and Driver?

• Administrator
The video actually has 2 embedded angles (it's some weird dual video wmv format, I have no idea how to convert them into seperate videos). Both angles show up in windows Media Player and with the SwingPractis app. (That's also what I used to record my swing with, they got an Inpractis setup at my range for everyone to use)

http://thesandtrap.com/archives/swing_check/ - check the first article. You may need a DV camera or something. I saw only one view. Oddly, two different views - one on the Web, one when I viewed it in WMP.

I assume you usually fade the ball. On your backswing, try taking the club back more inside. I agree with the others that its pretty good for 8 months.
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

Thanks gripitandripit. I'm not sure what my usual ball flight is. I will pay attention to that from now on.
What you mean by "taking the club back more inside"? Closer to my body?

• Administrator
Thanks gripitandripit. I'm not sure what my usual ball flight is. I will pay attention to that from now on.

Yes, closer to your body, but he means the clubhead. Don't pull the grip back closer to you (or at least don't think of doing that).

Note: This thread is 6210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!