IGNORED

players irons!

pshizz
Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Your prayers are answered. Check out these

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/SE...ged_Iron_Heads

you can also get a progressive set of cavity backs for the higher irons using the Snakeyes 600c. I've got a set of 600c from 3 to 6 and Blades from 7 to GW. I got them two years ago and paid full price. There is a new model now so there going for less than 300 for a set. Also you get to customize your shafts to what ever you like. I got a local clubmaker to put the set together for me for $10 a club. Its an option if you want top end stuff but dont want to pay OEM costs.

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

I recently switched my set from pure MP-57 to a 57/67 mix -- 4-7 are 57s, then 8-PW 67s. Looks great, plays great.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

Mizuno is a very good choice, I would recomend you try the mx 25 I know there not the player iron so to speak but I upgraded my old 990's to the mx 25 after much deliberation and once I got used to them being just a little bigger with a little bit of offset I was very happy with them you can still work the ball and you get alot of feed back on miss hits just like the player iron but there so much easier to hit IMOP maybe not the road you want to go down but you should give them a try.

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

I just got my Titleist 690 CB off of eaby today. Went to the range and fell in love. $174 shipped. They were closer to 7.5/10 than the 8.5/10 as advertised so I am going to keep an eye out and buy another set in better condition so when these are gone I will have another set ready.

Finding the right irons isn't always easy. The set that I've long wanted didn't even exist in the major OEM world. Or in the component world, either. I had to have it ground to order from raw forgings.

My irons have no stamping whatsoever except the club numbers on the sole and "Forged USA" on the hosel. If you know exactly what you want, this is the way to go.

But if you're asking advice on a message board, you haven't focused in on your ideal irons yet. It takes time.

If you're considering a secondhand set, you can probably find a set of Ben Hogan forged irons at a good price. There are a lot of muscle or cavity back models to choose from.

Without knowing ANYTHING about your game...it would be totally irresponsible to recommend anything.

Bag #1
DRIVER: TourSwing TVC 10.5*w/VooDoo
FW: Geek 15* w/Graman Limey
FW: TourSwing Thunder 19* w/Graman Limey
HYBRIDS: #4 #5 Alpha RX Low w/Graman LimeyIRONS: Nakashima NP-2 w/Accra i SeriesWEDGES: Same as abovePUTTER: Slighter Olympia #1

I bought the X20's last year and love em!! Would highly recommend them to anyone.

In the bag:

Irons X20 5-SW
Hybrids Slingshot 20* and 23*
Fairway Wood SasQuatch 15* Rescue:18* Perfect Plus (Don't laugh! I fairway people to death with that thing!)Putter Dual Force 550 Proudly, I hit no Driver. Who needs it?

How do you post your equipment on your signature there?

In the bag:

Irons X20 5-SW
Hybrids Slingshot 20* and 23*
Fairway Wood SasQuatch 15* Rescue:18* Perfect Plus (Don't laugh! I fairway people to death with that thing!)Putter Dual Force 550 Proudly, I hit no Driver. Who needs it?

How do you post your equipment on your signature there?

I assume that you meant how to post your equipment here at TheSandTrap.

In the upper lefthand portion of the screen is "User CP" (as in control panel). Click on that and you'll see an 'edit signature' option on the left side of the new page. dave

In The Bag:
- Wishon 949MC 10.5* Driver
- Wishon 525 F/D 3W
- Wishon 515 949MC 5W
- Wishon 60* Cx Micro LW- Wishon 550M SW (55*)- Wishon 550M GW bent to 50* - Wishon 550C 6i - 9i (9i bent to 45*)- Wishon 321Li 3i/4i/5i hybrids- Odyssey Two Ball Putter

Without knowing ANYTHING about your game...it would be totally irresponsible to recommend anything.

But this is an golfing internet discussion board - being responsible has no relevance here

dave

In The Bag:
- Wishon 949MC 10.5* Driver
- Wishon 525 F/D 3W
- Wishon 515 949MC 5W
- Wishon 60* Cx Micro LW- Wishon 550M SW (55*)- Wishon 550M GW bent to 50* - Wishon 550C 6i - 9i (9i bent to 45*)- Wishon 321Li 3i/4i/5i hybrids- Odyssey Two Ball Putter

this is so frustrating...im starting to look at the ap2's and the mp 62's but i change my mind so much that commiting to a cartain model of irons is alot to ask of me. I feel like a club ho' except for the fact that im not an impulse buyer.

I hit the Titleist AP2's at Golfsmith on Monday along with a bunch of other clubs including the TM R7 TP... I ended up ordering the AP2's... they felt better than anything else I tried. It's not a true blade, but it has a nice look at address, and just seemed to be the smoothest of any that I tested. Better even than any of the true game improvement clubs. I haven't owned forged clubs since my first real set, Golden Rams that I bought back in '74. I am lucky enough to get a good discount through the pro shop where I work part time, so the price became quite affordable... about $400 off the Golfsmith price.

Hopefully that good feel will carry over onto the course....

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[QUOTE=Fourputt;242049]I hit the Titleist AP2's at Golfsmith on Monday along with a bunch of other clubs including the TM R7 TP... I ended up ordering the AP2's... they felt better than anything else I tried. It's not a true blade, but it has a nice look at address, and just seemed to be the smoothest of any that I tested. Better even than any of the true game improvement clubs. I haven't owned forged clubs since my first real set, Golden Rams that I bought back in '74. I am lucky enough to get a good discount through the pro shop where I work part time, so the price became quite affordable... about $400 off the Golfsmith price.

Hopefully that good feel will carry over onto the course.... [/QUOTE

With that kind of discount I'm sure they'll feel just right on the range the course or wherever you decide to hit a golf ball.

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!