IGNORED

Pulling the trigger on New irons

Petden
Note: This thread is 5606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

given yout handicap, id suggest something a little more foregiving like the taylormade r7s. that what im getting for my birthday and that are really forgiving and easy to hit.

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Burner 15* Stiff
Hybrid: Burner 19* Stiff
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

I am looking on the Mcgregor site and it seems that they do not make left handed, except for the OS lineup, is this correct?

Not so (websites are usually outsourced to lord knows where and are often inaccurate or incomplete) For $100 you can get a set of used MacGregor left handed clubs here. http://www.globalgolf.com/gallery/go...gor.aspx?dxt=1 Check out globalgolf.com (I just discovered it today) they have a Left Handed option at their main web page category search that you can just click on.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Well I tried many irons yesterday. I have narrowed it down to R7, TM TP, Callaway x22/tour, Callaway x forged.

All of those felt like good choices, and the x22 surprised me, even though its a GI, it doesnt have the bulk.

About the shaft, I went on the Golfsmith website and did the fitting there. According to the website I need X-stiff shafts, the 6.5 for the Project X. They say the X-stiff are for people that use an 8-9I from 150 yards out,which I normally use a 9I. Anyone out there with similar distances, are you using x-stiff or stiff?

I still don't understand why you don't get a more forgiving club. If you hit it straight, you'll never get into trouble. If you can consistently hit blades or players clubs straight, then go for it. However, at a 30 handicap, there's a really slim chance that's the case.
Who cares how it looks? I read that Tour Pros could not care less about how their clubs look as long as they work. It makes sense. If the best in the world don't care how a club looks, why should we?
If the r7 that you are looking at is not the TP version, I think it is the best of your options. They are forgiving. I'm not sure how they feel because I have only used the TP version (was not a huge fan of the feel).

An X-Stiff shaft would probably do the job. A 9-iron from 150 warrants an x-stiff shaft. I play stiffs and hit an 8-iron from 145-150. I am not sure what I would play if I had Project X's. I think I was fitted for a 5.5 or 6.0. Tour pros play 7.0's or 6.5's usually.

I still don't see why you wouldn't make the best purchase for your game. You are a 30 handicap. I'm going to make some assumptions here: You usually do not hit the ball straight; You do not have a repeatable enough swing to take advantage of blades or player's clubs; Feel is the least of your worries. Unless you hit like 50% GIRs and 4 putt every time, don't buy a player's club.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I still don't understand why you don't get a more forgiving club. If you hit it straight, you'll never get into trouble. If you can consistently hit blades or players clubs straight, then go for it. However, at a 30 handicap, there's a really slim chance that's the case.

I completely agree, this guy being a 30 has pretty high hopes for himself. I'm playing r7s now and my handicap is approximately 1/5-1/6 of his. OP, you need to worry about forgiveness, your just gonna get an ego boost from these irons, but when you mis hit them(more often than not), your ego will be down.

The R7's are not the TP. I actually really like them, first choice right now, and their low price is another plus.

Are there any mizzy's which are similar to the R7's?

Next I will be deciding on a shaft, Im looking for steel with a mid trajectory. and im not sure if I will be going with stiff or x-stiff.

Note: This thread is 5606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!