IGNORED

Do you find stuff on the course often?

Jay-Bird
Note: This thread is 4981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today I had had quite a find. I bought a beer and a candy bar on the 15th green.

After hitting my tee shot on 16, while driving the cart (yes, cart - I am recovering from a broken foot) I saw something near the cart path. I thought it was a towel, but it turned out to be the cart girl's money bag. I didn't ever think about keeping it, but I did peek inside for a quick look at a few hundred, easily.

I saw the girl stop at 17 tee so I flagged her down. She was beside herself and obviously very thankful.

I made a CRAZY par on 17 for the instant reward.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I found my own headcover on the 18th tee box. I was flat out enraged after my greenside bunker shot landed at the pin and proceeded to roll into the water. So I just did a uturn and head straight back for the tee box. Low and behold there sits my headcover that I did not yet realize was missing so it saved me some stress after all. The really funny thing was one of the course grounds keepers saw me and apparently did not approve of me playing the 18th twice. When I was just under 100 yards in he turned on the green's sprinklers so I just sat there and hit SW's at will until he shut them off.

David

I went to a course recently, it had a barrel with a sign on it reading: "See it? Like it? It's yours!"
Got 3 new covers that day...

Funny thing is, almost 80% of them were blue, to match my bag :)

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

I had quite an oops for my first round at a near-full course (par 3's and par 4's, longest hole 394yds on the closer tee of the two available)... First hole, I manage to lose not only my towel (I was using a "normal" towel, not a golf one, without a clip, so it was wedged in the D-ring of the bag strap), but also my headcover. Somehow, the headcover popped off in the middle of the fairway, and my towel ended up where I took my second shot in the right rough. The guy playing behind me picked up the towel, just as I was running back up the fairway after moving my bag to the next tee. Whoops...

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

I lost a cover and found it in the pro shop after the round. =o)
Recently found an iphone in one of the carts, the owner called just as we were headed to the pro shop to turn it in.
Bet that was a relief....I hate losing stuff, specially my PHONE!

Well my best find was a beer still on ice in my carts cooler, I drank it because well...there's no beer like free beer.

Find hats and towels all the time. Funniest though was last week. The course is surrounded by a big lake and this summer has been dry here in TX so the level is getting low. Way backed up labor day weekend so I happened to see a hole in the cattails and the water was low enough and had dried out enough I was able to walk out abit, found a bunch of balls out there, but I got a laugh finding a shaft bent at the end clubhead long gone. Imagine someone got mad a flung it into the lake.

I've told this before but...

Found a money clip with $1,100 and no ID. Called the pro shop, told them if someone came in there looking for "something very important" to call my cell. They asked me to turn it into them...HAH...not that place.

Anyway, get a call, the guy describes it exactly. I tell him I am hitting up to the 18th green and I will see him after we putt out.

He comes RACING up in his cart and blocks us as we are driving up to the green. I give him the money clip, he counts it TWICE in front of me, says *nothing*, and drives off.

Later we go to the clubhouse to have a beer, he sees us, and doesn't make a move to buy us a beer.

No thank you, no nothing, what a dick.

Meanwhile, if it happens again, and I *know* it's his, I'll still return it. He may be a dick, but I'm not going to make myself a thief.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

just clubs. One was a "John Daly HIPPO" SW that I found when I first started playing. Turned it in, went back to play the course a couple weeks later and the guy who I gave it to me said that nobody had claimed it. He gave it back to me. I used it for about 3 years. It was really a pretty good wedge and I had good luck with it, really bounced through the sand nicely. But then I myself left it on the course as well, never bothered to try to get it back. Figured I'd "pay it forward" so to speak.

I once left my 3i at a range. Layed it down to use as an aiming tool, then when I was done my bucket I grabbed my clubs and left. Idiot. Called the next day and someone had turned it in. Whew. That 3i is my go to "get myself out from under these tree branches" club. can't live without it.

i actually found a scotty a year ago, figured it was the group in front (obviously) but instead of shouting i thought id play right behind them waiting for them to stop at the green and figure out they had lost it. then while i was back in the fairway they moved on to the next tee and carried on, turns out the guy who lost it holed out from the fairway the hole after, he got it back the next hole

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 4981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!