IGNORED

how long are you??

wedge player
Note: This thread is 5574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not that long.. depends on the shot shape, but here is for my average draw.

Driver- something around 280. Depends on the day.
3 wood- around 255
2 H- 240
2 i-235
3-220
4-210
5-200
6-180
7-170
8-160
9-150
pw-140
54-115
60-90

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can drive the ball 350+ regulalry if i want to, but i play within myself and the stats i gave were the ones i play to on the course, i hit 395 yards last year in england on the 16th hole at my club, no elevation change, slightly up hill if anything, very little wind. thats what i am capable of distance wise but i wouldnt try that in comps unless i just hit a stupid bogey or something! haha Im playing Silloth on Solway tomorrow really looking forward to it, one of best links courses in UK

Bubba Watson

In the Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910d3 9.5* Stiff Projext X-7A3 Rescue: Taylor Made Burner TP 20* X-stiff 3 Iron: Titleist AP2 Projext X Rifle Irons: Titleist 710mb NS PRO 105T Stiff Wedges Cleveland CG12 60* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.07 Cleveland CG14 52* Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio 2.5 (2008) Ball: Titleist Pro-V1

i can drive the ball 350+ regulalry if i want to, but i play within myself and the stats i gave were the ones i play to on the course, i hit 395 yards last year in england on the 16th hole at my club, no elevation change, slightly up hill if anything, very little wind. thats what i am capable of distance wise but i wouldnt try that in comps unless i just hit a stupid bogey or something! haha Im playing Silloth on Solway tomorrow really looking forward to it, one of best links courses in UK

Nice lie, Im sure youd be playing an M speed if you swung that hard, draw driver too. I'm gonna call BS.

Nice lie, Im sure youd be playing an M speed if you swung that hard, draw driver too. I'm gonna call BS.

Jealous! i think you dont like that word, thats what you must be, just to prove a point, i had a ping g5 and the club face smashed right in the centre after about 6 months..... so i decided to buy a g10 when they came out and after 5-6 months of that, it smashed once again exactly the same place but it was still under gurantee, i had it replaced and the face on my new g10 is starting to see wear on the face again after 3 months. If you dont believe me then i really feel for you, you must be jealous thats all i can say, im not proud of being long, its a nice feeling, but just because you may not be like that yourself, why the need to come on here calling BS??? if there is a need to say that, then i say and quote, that your last statement is BS!

Bubba Watson

In the Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910d3 9.5* Stiff Projext X-7A3 Rescue: Taylor Made Burner TP 20* X-stiff 3 Iron: Titleist AP2 Projext X Rifle Irons: Titleist 710mb NS PRO 105T Stiff Wedges Cleveland CG12 60* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.07 Cleveland CG14 52* Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio 2.5 (2008) Ball: Titleist Pro-V1

Jealous! i think you dont like that word, thats what you must be, just to prove a point, i had a ping g5 and the club face smashed right in the centre after about 6 months..... so i decided to buy a g10 when they came out and after 5-6 months of that, it smashed once again exactly the same place but it was still under gurantee, i had it replaced and the face on my new g10 is starting to see wear on the face again after 3 months. If you dont believe me then i really feel for you, you must be jealous thats all i can say, im not proud of being long, its a nice feeling, but just because you may not be like that yourself, why the need to come on here calling BS??? if there is a need to say that, then i say and quote, that your last statement is BS!

If that's true, idk how you would hit a m speed 3 wood and only in stiff shaft.

To Bubba Watson,

It makes perfect sense why he called BS. M speed are not for people who can hit a driver over 300. Also, generally good players with high swing speeds don't need draw biased drivers. How many players on tour play with a draw biased driver?

Also, your shafts must not be fit properly. In your sig it says you play stiff shafts. You could easily play X-Stiff shafts and X100s in your irons.

I'm not saying that you are lying, I'm just saying how others may think that you are. Personally, if you can hit it that far, by all means do it. However, I will not envy your distance because it does not directly equate with scoring.

It sounds like you should get a Tour Edge Exotics club. They have lifetime warranties, so a bashed face would get you a new one free of charge.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

same here i call bs if you swung that hard with a stiff shaft and no control over the ball you are in which case losing control to a shaft of that flex you would be higher than a 8 handi.

To Bubba Watson,

I have the m speed 3 wood because it is offset and the other 3 woods i couldnt find in offset. i have a draw driver because i hit it better than a non draw driver, i stated that i dont play to hit it hard all the time so no need for x stiff shafts, i play what suits me and the clubs i have do suit me, i played through the first 9 holes of my golf comp yesterday in 5 under gross with 100% GIR so i dont think my shafts need re fittings, just because a player hits it far doesnt mean he shouldnt have a draw driver, where did you get that from?? i couldnt care less if it hit it 500 yards with a senior flex shaft, if it works for me then i wont change that. who is to tell jim furyk that he swings it incorrect? if it works it works, you should never change what works good for you, i hit it good so i will not be getting re fits on any of my clubs, should hopefully make perfect sense.

Bubba Watson

In the Bag:

Your massive claims and poor grammar are doing you no favours in my book. Say what you will, but you have to accept that this is an internet forum and you have no way of proving your claims.

Not only that, but tour pro's hit nowhere near 100% GIRs, and if you truly did hit 5 under round 9 holes, I'm sure your handicap would be much lower than 8. Furthermore, the tour average driving distance for 2008 was 287.1 yards, making your claims of regularly hitting it over 350 yards seem frankly absurd.

You may well be telling the truth, but don't get angry when people doubt you.

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

Nothing to brag about here... but here's the clubs I hit for the given yardages. If I'm between clubs I try to take the longer one and take a little off of it.

Driver: 260-265
3 Wood (15 degree): Unsure.. just bought it
Fairway wood (20 degree): 220-230
21 Degree Hybrid: 200-210
4 Iron: 190
5 Iron: 180
6 Iron: 170
7 Iron: 155-160
8 Iron: 145-150
9 Iron: 130-140
PW: 100-125
51 Degree: 70-110
56 Degree: < 90

I have the m speed 3 wood because it is offset and the other 3 woods i couldnt find in offset. i have a draw driver because i hit it better than a non draw driver, i stated that i dont play to hit it hard all the time so no need for x stiff shafts, i play what suits me and the clubs i have do suit me, i played through the first 9 holes of my golf comp yesterday in 5 under gross with 100% GIR so i dont think my shafts need re fittings, just because a player hits it far doesnt mean he shouldnt have a draw driver, where did you get that from?? i couldnt care less if it hit it 500 yards with a senior flex shaft, if it works for me then i wont change that. who is to tell jim furyk that he swings it incorrect? if it works it works, you should never change what works good for you, i hit it good so i will not be getting re fits on any of my clubs, should hopefully make perfect sense.

Shaft flex is a direct relationship your swing speed. The higher the ss, the stronger the flex. There are other factors such as tempo and where your misses go, but swing speed is the number one factor. Is this not true?

The higher the swing speed the farther the ball will go (assuming everything else is the same - lag, etc.) Therefore, the farther that someone hits the ball, the higher flex he or she should play. Is this not true? The stiffer the flex, the straighter and shorter the ball will go. Also, the golfer will have more control. Vice-versa for whippier flexes. Is this not true? Going after a shot or not, you claim to hit a driver 320 yards. Regardless of if you swing hard at it or not, you cannot get that distance while swinging 90 (or even at 100 mph. Your swing speed, spin rate, and lauch angle must all reach certain values to hit a 300 yard drive. Without the necessary swing speed, a 300 or 320 yard drive is unreachable. You should be hitting an x-flex. If you are an 8 handicap now, just imagine what you'd be if you were hitting the right flex. And yes, better golfers generally do not play draw biased drivers...or offset woods. I believe I used the word "generally" when I first said this in a prior post. I don't think I said that better golfers shouldn't play draw biased drivers. Don't put words in my mouth. Thanks. Generally (there's the word again) better players hit draws with drives because it rolls more. Generally people who hit the ball very far hit a draw because it goes farther. Generally offset woods are for people who hit slices or fade the ball too much. Generally good golfers who hit the ball far don't play offset woods or draw biased drivers. Your info doesn't add up to some people. Between your shaft flex and equipment choices, it all doesn't add up to hitting the ball that far.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Shaft flex is a direct relationship your swing speed. The higher the ss, the stronger the flex. There are other factors such as tempo and where your misses go, but swing speed is the number one factor. Is this not true?

I completely agree, and no wonder this guy is breaking faces on his clubs, he's playing clubs that are for people with half his swing speed(if anything he's said is true).

Everything i told you is 100% true, i dont lie, where does lying get you in life? i have only just got my first handicap late this year and our winter comps dont count towards handicap changes, its a really tough course too and if it was anywhere else im sure i would be playing to 2 or 3, im a very erratic player, sometimes i can go round in under par gross sometimes i can go to 10 over.

maybe it is "correct" to have stiffer shaft the faster your swing, but the current driver i have now with reg flex and the ball flight and distance i hit with it is perfect, if i keep hitting it as good with driver as i do now then i "WILL NOT" be changing any specs on my driver, my launch angle is spot on and spin rate is low, i get lots of carry and roll and am happy hitting 320 regularly with the specs i have, they work for me and i wont be doing anything about it. i dont think random people would turn up to me at the driving range and golf course saying "are you the joe bloggs who i keep hearing about that kills it with a cross handed grip" if i didnt hit it that far.

even the pros at my driving range ask me to enter long drive comps. i cant proove through an internet forum how far i hit it but if people have doubts then thats their problem not mine, i know i can do it and thats the end of it!

Bubba Watson

In the Bag:

I just want to know how you manage to find the caps key for "BS" but can't find it for "i".

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

sometimes i can go round in under par gross sometimes i can go to 10 over.

I have to stick up for Bubba here. When I was 18, I was hitting it 325-340 with a $40 Walmart driver. But I was a 30 or so handicap. Just because I hit it that far, doesn't mean I was hiting straight or scoring well. I've actually lost a lot of distance the past 8 years by swinging in control and having stiffer shafts (and getting fatter and out shape.). I hit my 8 iron from 150 now instead of a PW like I did then. Now my handicap has gone down, along with my distances.

What he's saying may or may not be true. But just because he isn't using the propper clubs doesn't mean he's not hitting that far.

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

Driver: 210 (can't hit it to save my life for some reason)
2 Hybrid: 200
4 Hybrid: 170-190 (typically tee off with this)
4 iron: rarely hit it well enough to know
5 iron: 170
6 iron: 160
7 iron: 155
8 iron: 145
9 iron: 135
PW: 120
52: 110
56: 100
60: 80

These are my carry distances:

Driver: 290
3wood:250
5wood:240ish
2hybrid: 215-220
5iron: 205
6iron: 190
7iron: 180
8iron: 165
9iron: 150
PW: 140
GW: 130
SW: 115
LW: 80

Keep in mind my wedges are far apart because i take all the full and half shots with each club. And for ppl who think these distances are false, im an 8handicap and i am 6'4 1/2" tall and weigh 290. i can also bench my weight.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

Note: This thread is 5574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!