IGNORED

U.S. Open Qualifying

Ben
Note: This thread is 6567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well being that Winged Foot is 5 minutes from where I live, I will be there and hope to see one of you guys there.

How much to rent a room if I make it? hahahahaa.

Neudi, where and when is your first round?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Best of luck to both of you. My goal is to get to the point where I can think about qualifying without laughing out loud. I'm looking forward to hearing how it went. For now I want to concentrate on trying to play in a Net Amateur event this year. There is a Net Match Play in Michigan that looks pretty good. I'm the knid of player that can shoot a decent round and have one blow up ruin it. In match play that's just one lost hole.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

How much to rent a room if I make it? hahahahaa.

Well seeing as I haven't turned in my application yet, lol, im not sure. I'm going for Columbus hopefully b/c I don't want to have to drive more than an hour there 2 days in a row. Hopefully it hasn't filled up yet.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

My first round is on May 22nd, at Makatewah golf club in Cincinnati, Ohio.
What's In The Bag?

Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Good luck. Make sure to give us a shot by shot detail.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I'm in it as well...local in Atlanta at The River Club on May 16...wish me luck

907D2 9.5 degree with Aldila VS Proto 65
906F2 15 degree with Aldila NVS 75
585.H 17 degree with Aldila NVS 85
2-PW 690MB
Vokey 254.10 Prototype Vokey 260.04 Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Wouldn't it be great if all three of you made it and played in the same group.
Erik could gave you some support and patches that said we all met at the sandtrap.com

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Good Luck modeldude!

I had a practice round today at the course I'm playing. Crystalaire CC. 131 slope, 72.8 rating. The slope seemed fair, the rating may be a stroke too high. Anyway.

Missed about 5 putts, but, they were missable-makeable putts, so I'm not that bent out of shape about that. Couldn't get off the tee for poop. These holes set up a little wierd for my eyes. The majority of the time you were hitting into slightly elevated fairways. I'm not too keen on that. Iron shots were so-so. But I got the job done and shot one under. The magic number? I'm thinking 7 under is going to take it. I don't know how many get passed the regional rounds, but I hope it's not one player per course.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
Wouldn't it be great if all three of you made it and played in the same group.

I'd be willing to do something in such a case, certainly!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
I know that there are like 10 people that go to the next qualifier from my course...im hoping to shoot about a 69 or 70...think ill make it to the next one with that score :)
What's In The Bag?

Well, all I could manage was a 3 over 75... Certainly not what I was expecting, but, under the circumstances. I am really quite happy with the round.

This was my first time trying, and my first real "tournament" round since high school (10 years ago). I didn't let anything fluster me, played within myself, didn't worry about the others I was playing, and most importantly, didn't blow up and shoot in the 90s. hahaha.

The greens were the real downfall. In my threesome, there was only one birdie. I made it... on the 18th hole. Those greens were super tricky to read. I two putted all but 2 greens.

67 was the low, there were a few 68s, and a bunch of 69s. They took 6 spots.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

locals aren't over yet...they end on monday the 22nd...that is when i play my round...going up for a practice round tomorrow afternoon though.
What's In The Bag?

If there's one bit of advice I could pass along. Be aggresive with your putts early on. I got a little defensive with my putts in the middle of my round and it burnt me. GOOD LUCK!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

yeah, good luck neudi, you're representing the sandtrap now
too bad Ben, but as you said - 75 on unknown course, probably set up a bit tougher too is nothing to be ashamed of... it's only a few putts away, you'll get it next time

I'm going down to play a practice round in about 3 hours and hopefully i'll do well...did anyone else notice that only 72 qualified for michelle wie? anyone play that course...is it that tough?
What's In The Bag?

• Administrator
I'm going down to play a practice round in about 3 hours and hopefully i'll do well...did anyone else notice that only 72 qualified for michelle wie? anyone play that course...is it that tough?

I think her 72 was a condition of a few things: 1) tough winds, 2) smaller field. Not many people are willing to pay to fly to Hawaii to attempt to local qualify for the U.S. Open.

The course isn't that hard - it's the Palmer Course at Turtle Bay. That's the same course that hosted Big Break V...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 6567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!