IGNORED

Young Tiger's Bag?

bogeyhitter25
Note: This thread is 5558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

back when he was an untouchable amateur, he used a cobra driver and mizuno mp-32 irons. And of course the trusy scotty cameron with a ping grip

Driver: Adams 9015 proto (ozik matrix shaft)
3w: TM V-Steel 15* grafalloy blue (42 inches)
3-pw: Miura Tournament Blades w/ rifle 5.5
wedges: 588 Clevelands 47* 51* 56*
putter: Scotty Cameron oil can (97)

I know that once he was sponsored by titleist, they brought in scotty cameron to custom make irons for him from scratch. Cameron came and slowly made a model of the irons based on what tiger said, and proceeded to only forge like 1000 sets of them, of which My local pro owns. they're are beautiful btw

In my Bag:
Driver: Sumo 4950 9.5*
3-Wood Titanium Big Bertha
Hybrid: rescue dual 18*
Irons: mp 62 3-6 irons, and mp 67 7-PWedges: sv tour black 52, sv tour black 56Putter: Studio Select 35" mid slant

• Administrator
I know that once he was sponsored by titleist, they brought in

Emphasis (italics) added. Call it unlikely that a guy who makes putters had anything to do with Tiger's irons.

Tiger's early days as a pro was, and this is completely from memory: 1) 43" steel-shafted Titleist Pro Trajectory driver 2) steel-shafted Titleist PT 3W 3) custom made Titleist blades, forged by Miura and reportedly just copies of his Mizuno blades before that. 1000 replica sets were later made and sold. 4) Mizuno wedges, then Vokey wedges 5) Scotty Cameron TeI3 putter (for '97 Masters) followed by the same putter he uses today

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

and what makes you not believe me about Scotty Cameron doing that? If he was sponsored by Titliest, then why would Miura make the Irons?

In my Bag:
Irons: mp 62 3-6 irons, and mp 67 7-PWedges: sv tour black 52, sv tour black 56Putter: Studio Select 35" mid slant

and what makes you not believe me about Scotty Cameron doing that? If he was sponsored by Titliest, then why would Miura make the Irons?

Because Scotty Cameron only focuses on putters. Thats the way it has been since he started in the business 20 or so years ago. Scotty is not forging irons in the back of his shop in between making all of his putters.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Because Scotty Cameron only focuses on putters. Thats the way it has been since he started in the business 20 or so years ago. Scotty is not forging irons in the back of his shop in between making all of his putters.

okay two things in response to this.

1. That still does not explain Why miura would work on a titliest sponsor. 2. Cameron made these clubs once, because he is one of the best craftsmen, and because amazingly, his company is owned by Titleist! And forging doesnt take that much skill, you just place the ingot into the press and hit the big red button. But to mill the cast of the irons, and to know what tiger means when he says this or that, is an art.

In my Bag:

why is it that no one is listening, or at least addressing the fact that Miura is not part of titleist, where as cameron is and not only that but Miura has compared his irons to titleist in order to show how much better he thinks his irons are

In my Bag:

why is it that no one is listening, or at least addressing the fact that Miura is not part of titleist, where as cameron is and not only that but Miura has compared his irons to titleist in order to show how much better he thinks his irons are

many on tis forum will agree that he has btter forgings than titleist.and no he is not part of titleist,who knows if he did forge them or if he didnt who knows.

• Administrator

Dude, what gives?

Miura not only makes their own irons, they sub-contract for club manufacturers on occasion to make irons for others. Titleist paid Miura to make Tiger's irons with a "Titleist" stamp on 'em. (Substantial) Rumor has it that even Tiger's earlier Nike blades were nothing more than copies of his Titleist blades, which were again copies of his Mizuno blades, all of which were Miura-forged. Quite likely his Victory Red irons are Miura-made irons, too - just done up to look somewhat like the stock (and likely Chinese-made) VRs that you can buy in a pro shop. Not trying to be too cruel, but anyone who thinks Scotty Cameron makes irons should do a whole lot more listening and a lot less spouting off.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Miura makes irons for other club companies (Fact)

Miura makes irons for some pros even though they have endorsement deals with other companies (pretty sure this is verified)

Miura made some of the early Titleist irons Woods used as a pro (Fact I believe)

Miura may make or have made Woods’ Nike irons (no way to verify).

I have never heard or read anywhere that Cameron had anything to do with Tiger's clubs other than his legendary putter.

I read somewhere that regardless of who makes Tiger’s irons – they would cost about $6000/set based on his specs and requirements. Now whether they are made by Nike, by Miura or perhaps Miura sends a master craftsman to the Nike plant to handle this very special set and Nike can then still say that Tiger’s irons are “made in the same factory” where other Nike clubs are made we will likely never know.

Regardless – the guy who uses these clubs is probably very picky about them at all times and have them made exactly how he wants. One thing we can be sure of – you cannot go into a Pro Shop and “buy” a set just like his.

Paul

Driver G5 10.5º
Woods 3, 5 X FAIRWAY WOODS
Hybrid Bobby Jones Golf H4 HYBRIDIrons X-18 4-PWWedges 54º X-Forged 60º 588 RS putter Anser

okay two things in response to this.

Okay, Im not trying to bash you, but miura makes clubs for a lot of companies. Macgregor, taylormade and titleist I know for a fact have had miura forge irons for them. It is rumored that they have made nike's irons for tiger, but no one can prove that. Miura gets sub-contracted by golf manufacturers all of the time.

And Scotty cameron does not, and has never been involved with making irons. He only makes putters. To actually think scotty cameron is standing at one of these machines in china or japan and is pushing a red button to operate the forging machine that produces tigers irons is the dumbest thing I have ever heard anybody try to claim as fact.

In my freestyle:
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Lot's of speculation here; let's try some factual information quoted from Miura Golf:

Miura Golf has been one of the world’s most dominant OEM producers for many years, but due to prior OEM confidentiality agreements, Katsuhiro Miura can’t discuss the championships that have been won with his forged clubs. However, public record shows well-known tour stars using Miura-designed clubs while under contract to use clubs manufactured by American OEMs have won two Masters, one U.S. Open, one Senior PGA Championship and have earned 25 victories on the Japanese tour.

In addition, Titleist hired Katsuhiro Miura to make limited-edition irons for Tiger Woods when he was playing Titleist’s clubs. Mr. Miura used Titleist’s dies and design, then manufactured Woods’ clubs using his own 14-step process, many of which are unique and proprietary to Mr. Miura, who fully supervises each step.

Many other players on the U.S. professional tours were, and still are, playing Miura-made clubs under the brand name of other equipment companies and, to a more-limited extent, under the Miura brand.

Mr. Miura released limited sets of the tiger irons he made under the Miura name. When Nike first started making golf clubs, contrary to popular belief they were awful. They had tiger under contract, his contract stated he could use any clubs he wanted (remember the commercial?) Rumor has it Miura made his original nike irons until they could refine their club-making process. The VR irons are not Miuras, as I have been informed by a close friend who works at Miura in Canada.

Nevertheless, many players have played Miura w/o knowing it.

Driver: Adams 9015 proto (ozik matrix shaft)
3w: TM V-Steel 15* grafalloy blue (42 inches)
3-pw: Miura Tournament Blades w/ rifle 5.5
wedges: 588 Clevelands 47* 51* 56*
putter: Scotty Cameron oil can (97)

back when he was an untouchable amateur, he used a cobra driver and mizuno mp-32 irons. And of course the trusy scotty cameron with a ping grip

He did use Mizuno irons at some point during his amateur career (MP-29s, MP-14s I believe) but definitely not the MP-32s. These came out a few years after Tiger had already switched to Nike.

I know he used a ping answer 2 for a long while before the Cameron. He used for at least one of his u.s. amateur championships.

In my freestyle:

Lot's of speculation here; let's try some factual information quoted from Miura Golf:

Well done!

Dude, what gives?

Not to mention the new Nike ball designs were done by Bridgestone. Stuff like this happens all the time... that's why people should quit buying the name and start demoing.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Note: This thread is 5558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!