IGNORED

The best tips ever

Power_fade
Note: This thread is 4763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take your grip on the club before grounding it behind the ball. That way you aim the club instead of letting the club aim you. It has been especially useful to me in putting.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

i heard one time when driving the ball, to act as if you have a sledge hammer and are trying to slam down a brick wall,

which really helps you drive thru the ball, I did this the other day, showed my brother and i dont think we ever drove the ball better

just by acting as if the ball was a big brick wall, and trying to slam thru it, helped me =]

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

Grip pressure - on a scale of 1-10: 0.5

That's awesome! If you have a good grip it takes about a .5, MAYBE a .6.

Don't take golf advice from someone that can't beat you 10 times out of 10. And in the words of Boomhauer on "King of the Hill" ...."Speed it the hell up!"

• 4 weeks later...
for solid contact, keeping and maintaining my right knee flex was the answer. At the beginning, i would try to keep my head still but the results were about 50% solid contact, when i added the following the tip, my contact went from 50% to 90% solid contact on all strikes. Of course grip, posture, ball position are also critical, but that is assuming you mastered these tips already. Another tip is to shorten backswing. Also i started choking down on the club after I heard anthony kim does it and i have had success with this change also without sacrificing distance.

the best tip i can give to anyone is dont look for tips to improve you game.....practice

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

Target, target, target.

Take dead aim. Not sometimes. All the time. On every shot. Take dead aim.

In my bag:

Cleveland Hi Bore XLS 8.5* X Stiff
Mizuno MP 650 13*
Halo 22 Deg Apex Plus 4-E Apex Plus Gap Wedge CG15 54 Deg CG10 58 Deg Anser 4 ProV1x

Okay, now this is probably going to get all you golfguys in a tither (moderators, you may have to step in ). But the best tip I ever got (as a woman) was from Ben Hogan when he said, "Ladies, squeeze your breasts together."

I swear it fixes any slice in your bag!

[IMHO, it keeps us women from swinging with our arms and makes us move our bodies as one unit in the back swing.]

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Keeping your head still on the takeaway is absolutely critical. Keeping the head still on the rest of the back swing is important. Keeping the head still on the downswing isn't important at all--you should be focusing on hitting the ball. [note: i actually prefer to keep my eye line and belt line level during the takeaway. but thinking of the head is OK too.]

The only grip in golf is the Vardon or overlapping grip. No other grip exists. Yes, Tiger uses an interlocking grip, but you're no Tiger. The reason the overlapping grip is the only grip is because it moves the bottom hand higher up on the grip than the 10 finger or interlocking grip. The overlapping grip also prevents you from putting too much pressure on the grip.

"Mathis...has anyone told you golf was relaxing?"
"yes..."
"Well..they LIED! You're always going to have off days once and a while and you will always work on your swing or some part of you game. Your golf game is a constant work in progress. Even when you play good, you need to work on things"

Said to me by a friends dad after I had a terrible day.

i15 irons with stiff shafts
R9 Driver, 9.5* stiff shaft
R9 3 wood, regular shaft
wedges 52, 56, 60
White Ice Sabertooth putter hoofer bagAdidas Tour 360 4.0 shoes

For me it's 3 things

Keep the head steady
Keep the left arm straight
Rotate my left shoulder (i'm right handed) back and pull it around my spine angle.

Seems to have done wonders for me lately just focusing on that.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

...The only grip in golf is the Vardon or overlapping grip. No other grip exists. Yes, Tiger uses an interlocking grip, but you're no Tiger. The reason the overlapping grip is the only grip is because it moves the bottom hand higher up on the grip than the 10 finger or interlocking grip. The overlapping grip also prevents you from putting too much pressure on the grip.

Didn't Nicklaus use the interlock as well? Not sure about the "cause and effect" here but use of the interlocking grip may be worth a look-see....

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't get rattled by bad shots.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

After a real bad round a good buddy of mine said "take two weeks off then quit!" then your swing will be fixed.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

• 2 years later...

Make your inclination to the ground perpindicular to the club shaft.  Then, use your shoulders to rotate around the spine. The club shaft should always be perpindicular to your inclination to the ground.

Note: This thread is 4763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!