IGNORED

new blades

Note: This thread is 5693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If your Titleist 690's are wore out, and you were happy with them, why not just get another set.

You can usually find an almost new set on eBay for a decent price.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

hey guys im in need of new irons.only blades though.wat are some good ones i like so many..i need help,my 690s are wore out

IMO, there are blades and there are players blades. IN my mind a players blade has a narrow sole and is more mid weighted. Where as a blade has a wider sole and bottom weighted.

Player blades--MacGregor 1025 V-foil or the 675's. Ben Hogan Apex, the new Nike V blades, Mizuno MP-67. I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that come to mind right now. Of those, I've been very happy with the MacGregor 1025 V-foils, but they don't put up with a lot of slop in the swing.

hey guys im in need of new irons.only blades though.wat are some good ones i like so many..i need help,my 690s are wore out

I strongly recommend the MP67's. As a 9 handicap I have no trouble hitting them solidly. I figure you should be able to pure them being a 5 and all. I got mine brand new for $500 about a year ago. They are forgiving and workable, and sexy as well. The Pro M's previously mentioned are also good. I got a demo 7 iron when Macgregor was giving them away and I would recommend them as well. The price is unbeatable, Mac cant even give them away.

Titlest - ZB,Zm, AP2
Taylor Made - Smoke MB, TP MB
Mizuno - 67, 37

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Just ordered my Nike VR Blades. Can't wait to hit them. I went to the Golfer's Warehouse and did an iron fitting. The Cleveland blades were really good also. Didn't care for the Taylormade ar Mizuno. Just a personal choice, not an indictment on their quality, I just didn't hit them as well as the Nike or Cleveland. It might be because I tend to hit it closer to the toe. Nike put more weight out there. I hope this doesn't kill me when I get the lie adjusted to 2 degrees flat. Should allow me to hit closer to the center.

Since I hit such a low ball, I ordered the high launch Rifle shafts.

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

Just ordered my Nike VR Blades. Can't wait to hit them. I went to the Golfer's Warehouse and did an iron fitting. The Cleveland blades were really good also. Didn't care for the Taylormade ar Mizuno. Just a personal choice, not an indictment on their quality, I just didn't hit them as well as the Nike or Cleveland. It might be because I tend to hit it closer to the toe. Nike put more weight out there. I hope this doesn't kill me when I get the lie adjusted to 2 degrees flat. Should allow me to hit closer to the center.

good luck with your new blades!

Did you have a hard time hitting the long irons? I want blades, but am afraid that the long irons will kill me. Also how did the iron fitting go at golfers warehouse? I am thinking of getting mine done there.

You can always get a combo set if you want blades but would like a little extra forgiveness in the long irons. Companies like Mizuno allow you to order a set where you could have 3-6 iron in a MP-62, and the 7-PW in MP-67. Just something to consider.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My blades have not arrived yet. I have only hit the 6 iron. However, I did not order the 3 iron. My plan is to stick with my 5 wood then move to a hybrid later.

The iron fitting went well. My mistake when doing it was, they ask you what your goal is, more distance, accuracy... I chose accuracy. Mistake. Reason that was a mistake for me, is that I need my irons to be 2* flat. I am 5'5". Since theclubs I hit were standard, my draw was accentuated. No surprise. What I should have concentrated on was distance. They were all close as far as accuracy, however, not with distance. The fact that I drew the ball quite a bit, made my overall "score" go down. The fitter agreed that if my club had been flatter, I would not have drawn the ball so much and that would have yielded better results. I also noted that the distance indication consistently registered my shots ~10yards shorter than my range distances. And that's outdoors cold (37 degrees) vs indoors warm. The fitter corraborated my suspicion and said they see about a ~10 yard under-distance. Overall, I really enjoyed the process of the fitting. However, it is nerve-wracking to know that someone is "judging" your every swing. Since I hit them well, I guess it will hold up on the course. I did have a hard time going through my swing progression since I kept thinking about this guy watching me. My advice would be to ignore the fitter and concentrate on your swing. Who cares what he thinks?

its gotta be the MP-67s, classic look, great feel, amazing control and give you an awesome ball flight

In my :mizuno: Staff Bag
Driver: :ping: i15 S-flex USTMamiya Tour Red
Fairway: :titleist: 909F2 15.5 X-flex UST Proforce V2 85
Hybrid: :mizuno: MP-FliHi 21* S300 +2 deg, +1/2"
Irons: :mizuno: MP-67 4-PW DG S300 +2 deg, +1/2"

Wedges: :vokey: Spin Milled 52.08 56.08 60.04

Putter: :cameron: Newport Beach customised by Kevin Colbert

Ball: :callaway: HX Black

GPS: :skycaddie: SGX

well all thanks fot the suggestions ive decided on taylormade tp mb i bought a demo 6 iron with a rifle precision flighted 6.0 shaft i love the results i had.so time to get the full set

well all thanks fot the suggestions ive decided on taylormade tp mb i bought a demo 6 iron with a rifle precision flighted 6.0 shaft i love the results i had.so time to get the full set

Good luck and let us know how you played with them.

Reason that was a mistake for me, is that I need my irons to be 2* flat. I am 5'5". Since theclubs I hit were standard, my draw was accentuated.

Where did you get fit?

Didn't they have at least 1 iron that was 2* flat for you to use? When I was fit the fitter had every combination of iron available (at least for the 6 iron).

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

Congratulations on your new set... Good luck with them and let us know how they work out

Cheers, Allan

Where did you get fit?

No they didn't. I wished they had though. I have to watch out for a "strong" draw when I hit standard lie clubs. Being short makes it difficult to demo clubs.

its gotta be the MP-67s, classic look, great feel, amazing control and give you an awesome ball flight

its gotta be the MP-67s, why? Because I bought them!!!!!

Tour Burner...Grafalloy Pro Launch Red
V-Steele 15 deg....Grafalloy Pro Launch Red
Rescue Burner 19 deg....Grafalloy Epic
VR Split-Backs 3-5/7-PW...DG X100
KZG RSS 52 deg.KZG RSS 56 deg.KZG RSS 60 deg. Unitized Retro ONE Black...ONE Tour

Note: This thread is 5693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!