IGNORED

Phil gives us another thrill--63--is he getting ready for Tiger?

PEZGolf
Note:Β This thread is 5561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Phil has had one of his worst Western swings in his entire career, but it looks as if he has "turned the tide"---63 with 8 birdies and a sensational flop shot on the first hole, like only Phil can do! Tiger is back next week for the Accenture World Match Play, so here is the question: is Tiger ready for Phil, and the inverse, is Phil ready for Tiger? Time will soon tell, as it always does!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I really like Phil Mickelson and his game and they way he approaches life in general. In shooting 63 he has sent a message out to Tiger that he is ready to compete i suppose, but seriously, i cannot remember the last time Phil went up againt Tiger head to head- i think unfortunately the pressure really gets to him when the heat is on and Tiger is up near to the top of the leaderboard.

But perhaps this year will mark a change in form and performance for Phil if he gets the chance to come up against Tiger. Perhaps he needs to get 'angry' with Tiger....in a Jimmy Connors type fashion.

Im not expecting much from Tiger really until the Masters. The golfing landscape has changed since he has been away and it will be interesting to see how he does in the matchplay event next week...he will be depressingly true to form i think and will probably win the event with Phil falling at the second or third hurdle.

Phil has had one of his worst Western swings in his entire career, but it looks as if he has "turned the tide"---63 with 8 birdies and a sensational flop shot on the first hole, like only Phil can do! Tiger is back next week for the Accenture World Match Play, so here is the question: is Tiger ready for Phil, and the inverse, is Phil ready for Tiger? Time will soon tell, as it always does!

Wow, Tiger is gone 7 months and Phil waited till the week before he returns to "get ready" for him. I guess playing like krap the last few weeks was all part of his grand plan. Phil's fans should keep a box of Depends handy next week. Oh man! SubPar

Wow, Tiger is gone 7 months and Phil waited till the week before he returns to "get ready" for him. I guess playing like krap the last few weeks was all part of his grand plan. Phil's fans should keep a box of Depends handy next week.

All Phil has to do is remember The Masters in 2004 and 2006 and the PGA Championship in 2005 (Tiger was healthy and in the field in each of these Majors). Do you remember that PGA? The real leaders had to finish on Monday and Stevie asked Tiger if they would stick around overnight. "Naw, there is NO way all of those guys are going to back up to me." He was right. Phil sealed the deal on the last hole at Baltusrol with a great flip shot out of the rough near the green and made the putt. Tiger knew when he was beaten.

• Administrator
PEZ, you never stop, do you?

Phil loses something like 87% of the time he's in the same tournament as Tiger. He did NOTHING to capitalize on Tiger's absence - why would he "get ready for Tiger"?

Is Tiger ready for Phil? Ha. I thought the "Tiger will lose his focus" post in the other thread was funny, but this one tops it. Tiger couldn't care less about Phil. Phil isn't on Tiger's radar.

Hahhahahahahahahahh.

P.S. For ragging on the media as much as you do, how cheap is it of you to try to pretend there's some sort of rivalry or something there. It's not a rivalry when you lose as much as Phil does and when neither party really cares about the other one. Stop trying to stir up the same crap for which you routinely blast the "media."

P.P.S. Phil's +1 through 14 and T5. He's not even leading the tournament anymore.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry, but Phil is no competition for Tiger and Phil still has a looooooong way to go before I will be convinced that he has turned the tide.

Whats in my :sunmountain:Β C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno:Β JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno:Β JPX 850Β 15*, :mizuno:Β JPX-850 19*, :mizuno:Β JPX Fli-Hi #4,Β :mizuno:Β JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno:Β MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland:Β Smart Square BladeΒ and :bridgestone:Β B330-S

AW shucks let the guy bash the media,after all the fair and balanced A ROD reporting they deserve it.Who knows maybe Sharpton will picket Pez's house if he piks on Obama or something.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

He had a good 63 but wait for the choke either today or sunday.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

He had a good 63 but wait for the choke either today or sunday.

Quite a choke shooting 62 today...

For what it is worth, Phil will never ever be on Tiger's level, however, 3 majors and 34 wins is one helluva career - and Phil probably has 4-5 more decent years in him. No one is on Tiger's level, but I think we can all enjoy watching the Phil's, AK's, and everyone else out on the tour... Just my .02

In my Ogio Bag
Driver - Cobra 10.5 F Speed
3 Wood - Cobra LD speed
Hybrid - TaylorMade Burner 22 degree
Irons - Callaway X-Tour 3-PW 52.08 Degree Gap Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled56.14 Degree Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled60.07 Degree Lob Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter...

Quite a choke shooting 62 today...

I agree with you. Following or rooting for Phil is a wild roller coaster ride! He is up; he is down; he is back up again, and on and on. One thing for sure----you are never bored watching him. You almost fear that he is going to blow up at any time, or run four birdies in a row.

I know some people will disagree with me (and already have), but I like Phil's persona---his expressions and the way he waves to the fans is kind of "Aw, gee, shucks". His grin is kind of sheepish. At least, he displays his expressions, and not all the top Tour players do (I have Retief Goosen and Vijay Singh in mind as I write this---and I like and respect both of them, but they are both so cool and expressionless much of the time). The Tiger Era is much more interesting with Phil around. Imagine if he was not here at this time.

• Administrator
The Tiger Era is much more interesting with Phil around. Imagine if he was not here at this time.

Yeah, it'd be almost exactly the same, except we wouldn't have to hear the media constantly trying to pretend he's in any way Tiger's equal or rival.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I kinda like the way Phil aproaches HIS game. Like someone said earlier it is a real roller coaster ride watching Phil. I can't imagine how many strokes and heart attacks he would have had by now if he wasn't the type to grin and bear it. I know he gets a lot of flack for being the smiley guy while he's posting a triple. But that is just his persona I suppose (even if it's not his true personality).

That being said, I do not believe he will ever be a serious contender for #1 as long as Tiger is in the game. Phil will have his tournaments and moments. But in an alternate world where there is no Tiger (read since the last U.S. Open) I can't see Phil running away from the rest of the pack.

I can't wait to watch the tournament today. I am pulling for a Mickleson meltdown. That is not to say I'm rooting for Phil to do poorly because I don't like him. Not so directly behind him is my perinneal sentimental favorite Couples, and my favorite "young gun" Andres Romero. It should be a fun Sunday to watch since we have a little snow on here.

Well..
I don't sew why it's matter to recognize who's the number 1 in golf. Currently, Tiger has many wins than others with fantastic finishes and excitement. I don't see that does make him #1.
In my opinion, To determine true #1 player of golf, all of golf tournaments need to be formatted as "match-play". (I know it gives more chance to Tiger but I believe that's the only comparison who is better than other). I am looking forward to see Accenture Match Play coming this week to see how Mickelson, Tiger, and others play. If they both in final match, that will determine who's the better. (In spite of Tiger's vancancy, Tiger will get favor from most of golfers...but not me)..
Just my opinion.

Golf: Agony & Love over 3 Generations

Seriously, Phil will never be ready for Tiger. He's the most overrated golfer I've seen in my life. He always finds a way to mess up. He always makes questionable decisions (no driver, 2 drivers, etc.). At one point, there was more difference between #1 Tiger and the then #2 Phil than there was difference between #2 Phil and the last ranked guy in the world (according to world ranking points). Tiger is on another level and should not be compared to these guys. There's no competition for #1, just #2.

I think Phil should have done way better with Tiger's absence. He's just not as good as he was supposed to be. He didn't live up to all the hype. And honestly, who can challenge Tiger for #1 right now? Phil has failed to top the best golfer in history IMO...big surprise.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

To the above why in the .... would you think that matchplay is the only way to decide if someone should be number one, Screw matchplay Tiger has the ablility to mentally drown you in piss and you dont think he deserves it hahaha theres so much to this site that doesnt make a lick of sence.....and about phil getting ready haha golf is not something you just up and decide oh Im going to be better this week than I was 25yrs ago lol phil already has his game if he plays good next week than he plays good but I can bet the following week he wont, honestly tiger has been playing better and better the farther into his career he goes no one can execute the shots under the pressure and with so much confidence like tiger can.... no one can come up through the ranks to win a tournament like tiger can... I could go on and on no one is better than tiger period take it as you want but it is what it is sorry to burst your bubble there guy
Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

Mickelson's had seven months to 'get ready' for Woods' return by winning just one tournament and slipping down to 5th in the World rankings.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5Β°
TaylorMade R9 13Β°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54Β°.10 / 58Β°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

His five shot lead is down to two after only three holes.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Note:Β This thread is 5561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!