IGNORED

Taylormade r9?

Bryan72
Note: This thread is 5535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone had a chance to get a good look at this club yet, I cant find much information anywhere, just wondering what there setup is for weight's and how your going to be able to change the lie of the club, or so Ive heard.

My Sticks:

909DCOMP 9.5° Titleist Matrix Ozik XCON-6
Fairway Burner 15.5° RE*AX TP 75g
Rescue TP 19° ZB Forged w/ Project X 6.0Scratch 52° TNC Grind Wedge, Polished Chrome FinishScratch 58° TNC Grind Wedge, Polished Chrome Finish Catalina Classic Limited Edition HX Tour ix

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/R9_driver/

6 days till they release details about it but it has been announced I'm just curious if anyone on here has gotten some inside info.

My Sticks:

909DCOMP 9.5° Titleist Matrix Ozik XCON-6
Fairway Burner 15.5° RE*AX TP 75g
Rescue TP 19° ZB Forged w/ Project X 6.0Scratch 52° TNC Grind Wedge, Polished Chrome FinishScratch 58° TNC Grind Wedge, Polished Chrome Finish Catalina Classic Limited Edition HX Tour ix

• Administrator
We have a site with exactly this kind of information .

One guy on staff has an R9 3W, I have an R9 driver, and we've got a hybrid out there too... what specifically do you want to know?

Hosel lets you move around between eight positions. Weights are 1-16-1 but obviously you can use other weights (or move those around).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The driver just simply looks awsome! Its going to take a lot of time at the range to fine tune it to your likings, but ounce you do i have a feeling its going to be deadly!

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

Can't wait to get this on April 15th.

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

One guy on staff has an R9 3W, I have an R9 driver, and we've got a hybrid out there too... what specifically do you want to know?

How do you like the fact, that the head has only 420/430cc? Do you feel a difference to a 460cc head? Does it reduce the forgivness?

For me, that´ll be the only reason to try out this driver this year. I never really liked the fact of those huge bulky heads. I remember playing the R7 into the wind, and that thing "almost blew me over in the backswing", it produced so much windresistance...

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

We have a site with

How much can you change the loft. I read the review but I couldn't seem to find the information. Thanks Max

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

Let's say you have a 9.5* R9 driver, here's how it works:

Change FCT/Actual Loft

2* closed/10.5* loft
1* closed/10.0* loft
Square/9.5* loft
1* open/9.0* loft
2* open/8.5* loft

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º

Let's say you have a 9.5* R9 driver, here's how it works:

Thanks for the info. I have always wanted to be able to try different lofts for different conditions but if I have to also change the face angle I don't think that would work for me.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

I'm sure changing the loft of the club without changing the face angle will be on their next driver.

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º

• Administrator
How do you like the fact, that the head has only 420/430cc? Do you feel a difference to a 460cc head? Does it reduce the forgivness?

Most clubs that hit 460cc seem to do all they can to mask their size. All other things being equal, a smaller clubhead has less MOI than a larger one, but there are other reasons to make a smaller clubface and I doubt that 40cc is going to have a significant difference.

Put another way, this isn't the driver for people that routinely mis-hit the ball so badly they would notice a small drop in forgiveness.
How much can you change the loft. I read the review but I couldn't seem to find the information. Thanks Max

You can't change the loft per se.

Change FCT/Actual Loft

I suspect you have those backwards. An open clubface tends to have more loft.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well, that's straight off of my Tmagconnection booklet.

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º

Most clubs that hit 460cc seem to do all they can to mask their size. All other things being equal, a smaller clubhead has less MOI than a larger one, but there are other reasons to make a smaller clubface and I doubt that 40cc is going to have a significant difference.

He's got it right, the open and closed specs were for the driver at address, you are correct that an open face makes more loft, so when the 2 degree closed driver is squared, it gets more loft, making the effective loft higher, opposite for open faced, when the driver starts open at address, you would have to close it 2 degrees to square it, decreasing it's effective loft.

He's got it right, the open and closed specs were for the driver at address, you are correct that an open face makes more loft, so when the 2 degree closed driver is squared, it gets more loft, making the effective loft higher, opposite for open faced, when the driver starts open at address, you would have to close it 2 degrees to square it, decreasing it's effective loft.

yup....exactly...took me awhile to figure it out too!

Yeah same, when it first came out, I was like how would that work? Then I thought about it, and it made sense. I'm tempted to try this, for next year I'm contemplating a 909d3, adams a4, cobra s9-1, r9, and nike sumo 5000.

• Administrator

Oh, I see what you mean. You're assuming the person is going to square the face up.

But who would do that? Seems like it kind of defeats the purpose of turning the face closed or open to begin with if you're just gonna square it up anyway. If you do that, then all you're really doing is changing the loft (as suggested). BTW, hit the R9 at the dome today (taking it to the golf course end of next week, south). Didn't give me nearly as much "left to right" movement as I thought it would (I don't mean a fade, I mean between the farthest left settings and the farthest right). But my body has a way of compensating when I know what the club is set to do, anyway. The best position for me seemed to be the one with the 1-1-16 (toe) and the "Right" hosel.

Oh, I see what you mean. You're assuming the person is going to square the face up.

Yeah, I think this is more for the better player, that tends to square it up, I think it is really so they can maybe whip their wrists more, or just to get some more workability, without having to try it, so if a straight player wants to play a high fade for a weekend, then he can crank it closed.

Note: This thread is 5535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!