IGNORED

XG-7, Sabertooth, Black Series #1

Note: This thread is 4470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Putter?

• :odyssey: Sabertooth
    • :odyssey: White Hot XG-7
    • :odyssey: Black Series #1

I have an Odyssey 2 Ball putter, with the steel on the insert. Im having some trouble with putting-aiming specifically. I have my eye on several other putters when I have a few quid-the Sabretooth is one of my current 'front runners'. I had a little play with it in the shop and it felt excellent. Very fluid, easy to have a nice straight stroke, due to the high MOI I guess. Apparently it is a big help for aiming too-I wouldn't know yet though. So out of those three that'd be my choice

I'm on the market for a new putter coming up pretty soon, and was wondering what you guys think are good putters of these choices. Thanks.

Depends on what kind of putter you'r after,you've got some very different models on the list if you'r after another 2-ball and you like the #7 then check out the f-7 it has the fangs from the #7 with the 2-ball in between. Now, if you'r looking for a blade the black #1 is a sweet putter I have the white hot tour#1 and am thinking about trading it in for the black I absolutley love the way this putter feels and the distance control is remarkable. good luck on finding the right putter go check out the odyssey web sight and see what they have.

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

The White Hot XG #7 is awesome. I have never bought one (i've only bought two putters in my life) but every time visit a golf shop I pick it up and stoke a few with it because it feels so good. Definitley check this putter out before you buy a different one.

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

just try them the feel is what matters

In the Bag

Driver: Callaway Hyper X (10)
Wood: Cobra Speed Pro X (15)
Hybrid: Clevland HiBore XLS (21)Irons: Mizuno Mx-25 54:Titlest Vokey[SPOILER]56:Clevland Cg-1259:Clevland Cg-1063:Spin Milled VokeyBalls: TM BurnerTps//ProV's

I want the Sabertooth too ! I have the 2 ball right now and I like it.
But aside from the obvious reasons I like the fact you can scoop up your ball with
the back of the putter :) [back pains on some days]

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

I have the XG-7. It's a solid putter. I don't really like the Black series putters all that much. I think they are a bit overpriced for what they are, but are good putters nonetheless. The Sabertooth is probably more forgiving than the XG-7. I don't like how the red part is rounded. It throws alignment off IMO. The XG-7 is pretty forgiving, has great feel, and great feedback. Of all the putters I've tried, it is probably top 3 in terms of feedback. I like the softer feel of the insert, but it's not for everyone.

Everyone likes a different feel. If I were you, I'd try out a couple different brands to see which feel you like best. Maybe you'd like TM and not Odyssey...you won't know until you try.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

• 2 years later...
I'm on the market for a new putter coming up pretty soon, and was wondering what you guys think are good putters of these choices. Thanks.

I wouldn't base it on what we think. Although I do have a Sabertooth and a #1 and they are both great putters. I would suggest going and trying putters and pick which one feels best in your hands, looks the best standing over it, and rolls the ball the best with your type of stroke. Putter fitting is HUGE! Are you straight back straight through guy? Do you swing on more of an arc? Putters are built for the different swing paths

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Note: This thread is 4470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!