IGNORED

The Worst habit one of your regular golf buddies has

chriskzoo
Note: This thread is 5182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another one has to be my buddy who always insists on asking his Dad to play with us (who is in his mid-70's). Don't get me wrong, I don't mind his Dad playing every once in a while, but he somehow thinks his Dad will be offended if he finds out he didn't ask him. The solution: I always have two other guys in for the round and ask my buddy to be the 4th.

Of course, if his Dad does play, his Dad is too proud to just play from the appropriate tees. We usually play from whatever is 6500-6800 (typically one up from the tips) and hid Dad's game is more suited to 6000 yards. So either I'm just like "**** it" and we all play from the more forward tees or his Dad is constantly playing from yardages he has no business playing from. Usually I just say "This is why there are multiple sets of tees - so everyone can play from the appropriate yardage for their game" but my buddy thinks it is a slight at his Dad for some reason.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the guys we used to play with had so many bad habits we quit asking him to play, he was such a slow player. He would go thru this whole routine, stand behind the ball, pick his line, stand next to the ball with his foot pointing down his target line, then turn his foot to be at a 90 degree angle, then waggle several times and then.........take a practice swing......and then take a practice swing.......and then address the ball and prepare for his swing. And he did this on every flipping shot.

Not to mention he would get to the course 2 minutes before we teed off or after we played the first hole.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

4)Thinks that when he hits a ball into the woods he cannot vacate the woods until he has either found his ball, or 3 others to make up for the one he just lost,,,,,,huge sigh!!!

I laughed really hard on this one. My father in law does the same thing.

Yes I know balls can be expensive but when you blast one into the woods that bad you deserve to lose it.

i laughed really hard on this one. My father in law does the same thing.

took a while but thats mine.....my dad looks for balls all the damn time....drives me nuts...like hes savings golf balls for retirement....judging the market tho,,,not a bad idea...

Ball hawking is the worst. That being said, if I'm legitimately looking for my ball and find others, I pick them up to hit into the field in my backyard.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I have major pet peeves...
One SLOW PLAYERS who take for every for their routine... just hit the dang thing already
People who through a fit about missing putts or miss hitting the greens...
People who throw clubs and say it is the club and not them...
People who can not get out of the tee box and think they should hit driver every fricken hole... (when they should hit something else)
People who hit more then one ball, or take practice hits after they duff one... (This one piss me off the most)
People who make bets then have no money... or come play golf and have no money...
TaylorMade R9 460 TP 10.5 Moto F1 Stiff
TaylorMade R9 3 wood 15* Regular
Nike Sumo 4 Hybrid
Titleist 735 5-P
Titleist Spin Mill 52, 56, 64Taylormade Monza SpiderTitleist Pro V1Taylormade TP-RedThis Space for Rent...

Ok I have a new one.

We're trying to get an affordable 4 some going for this Sat AM. We got a decent course for $40 with cart and one dude says that too expensive right now. So We say OK we can play Newport. He says that course sucks, and he's right, but they let you play golf there. Then we find the original course that was too expensive for $17 in the afternoon but no cart. He says, "I'm not walking, how much with a cart?" So i told him we are playing the shitty course at 7:45 am be there or don't. Damn it's like this guy is the Kanye West of tee times.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW
CG11 60* LW VP #5 putter.

I play in a pretty loose Tuesday golf league, at a course about 10 minutes from home/work. $225 for the league (includes greens and meals) that runs from beginning of May - September. Lots of the people know each other and it is a good time. I play in this league with my father, as he knows most of the people.

2 things absolutely kill me.
1. People don't know the rules (even the most basic ones). I even posted enough small rules cards on the scoreboard for everyone in the league and have seen some people with them attached to their bag, but hell if they read them.
2. Use your own equipment... My father has a Nickent square headed driver. Everyone comments on it and he is like "want to hit it"... some of them take him up on the offer. Or two guys on the other team share a driver. Play out of your own bag...

I play in this league simply to get some quality time with the pops, but there are times it is very challenging. But the price is right and I am looking for another league to play in more competitively.

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

I have a good buddy.....plays off of about a 15 hcp. If he happens to hit 2 or 3 good shots in a row, he'll begin giving unsolicited swing advice to anyone within earshot.

God I hate that guy. I don't mind when I'm clearly doing something wrong and actually need the help, but when they start telling me how to hit, I just disregard the advice and keep swinging.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I fear giving my pet peeves with my normal foursome in case they read this board.

My biggest issue with one of my buddies outside the group is his lack of urgency for showing up on time.

The last time I played with him I set up a 12:30 tee time and told him it was for 12. He managed to show up at 12:45 and when we went in I told them I had a 12:30 time. He was all pissed off at me for lying about the time I set up but didnt have an answer for why he was even late for the real time.

When we play we are sneaking out of work and if I am going to take a chance on getting busted, I dont want to do it while waiting for him. Plus this course is always busy on weekday afternoons and you risk not playing if you do not show on time.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Why do you people play with these A** Holes!?!?!?!

the guy that bugs me owes me alot of rounds of golf... hahaha... maybe thats why he distracts me on the teebox... to make up for all the loss's he's taken...

plus his home course is out of my price range... well worth the aggravation... well at least for the day anyways
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Two of my best friends make me want to pull my hair out! We started playing at the same time (last spring) and I just took to it quite a bit more naturally than they did. (breaking 100 within the first couple of months) From day one, I was never in to taking mulligans or anything like that. My dad and brother played a lot so i knew it was lame.

Well they would take seriously 3 to 4 mulligans per round! One day after they played a round one of them calls me up and is like "dude, i shot 86 today!" (Oh yeah, this is before he had even broken 100!) I said "with how many mulligans?" Him.. "oh, only 1 or 2" Me.. "oh, so then you ACTUALLY shot at least a 90, IF that" He got all heated over it. Later on i talked to the other friend he played with, and he told me that he took NO LESS than 4 mulligans, and played an OB ball incorrectly. (which they both STILL do to this day)

This is where I get really heated on the topic. I started kinda talking a little trash about it, saying how lame it was and stuff. So my other friend starts defending him! Saying things like "why are you so competitive?" and "why do you care?" and "just let him play HIS OWN game" Well, ill tell you why I care douche bag... because I (at the time) havent broken 90 yet! So when he calls me up on his high horse telling me he shot 86 when he probably didnt even break 100 it pisses me off. And another thing, there is no HIS OWN GAME! There are rules, we all (or some of us) have to or at least choose to abide by! The game is called GOLF.

I seriously went out and got new golf buddies. Im still really good friends with them both, but i rarely play with them after the incident. Luckily my girlfriends best friends fiance plays a lot and is like a 9. So I dont look at it like i lost two golf buddies, I look at it like I gained an actual golfer as a golfing buddy. (which is much better than two cheaters) Its funny too, because I know they talk trash about me like im a nazi or something, but I just laugh when I think about what they must say... "Joe is lame! He plays by the f***ing rules. He sucks!" bwahahahaha! Keep hacking away boys, Ill see you at the county amateur this year, where Im sure they allow mulligans.

/RANT

P.S. Hopefully this makes sense. I actually got heated typing about it. LOL I could seriously go on FOREVER.

In my bag:

R9
Burner 3w
Burner 5w Burner Plus 4I-SW 60* LW, 52* GW Rossa Spider putter

Yea. he just stands in the middle of the fairway. I can only amagine how much grass he kills.

i piss in my yard all the time. (its one of the perks of living in the country!). anyway, it actually makes the grass grow thicker and darker. its good stuff!

Friends that suck and don't even try to improve, yet somehow always score the driver's seat of the cart when we are checking in. If you know you suck worse than your buddy, you submit to the bitch seat.

The same when I invite someone to play with me, and then they score the driver's seat of the cart when we are checking in. If you were invited, don't be a douche - sit bitch.

Friends that want to borrow one of my Titleists for a water shot because they are out of balls. Exactly when do I get that ball back, because my ball always ends up in the drink. Anymore, when I find a ball, I put it in a special pocket of my bag, and thats what i give for this sort of silliness.

People that suck that bring 6 balls to play 18. They always end up needing balls from me. I usually have a dozen and a half in my bag. Yet if I lose a ball, I only lose one, maybe two if I'm having a rough day.

People who want you to observe when it is their honor but don't reciprocate.

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

My wife just told me to be quiet.

It's 5:30am and I'm working through my second cup of java and now reading this thread. Truly funny stuff that has me laughing out loud.

The guy pissing in the middle of the fairway takes the cake.

I played in a round several months ago when three members of our foursome were getting into the Bud Lights pretty good. It was hard not to....just came off a grueling work week and one of the guys showed up with a cooler full that he hid on his cart somehow. It was enough to get us started and then the cute cart gal (in her late 20's and highly talented) kept coming by and reloading us....sweet little darling even had permissable coolers that she attached ever so lovingly to our carts and filled them with ice and beer all the while flirting and carrying on with our groups humerous antics. She was well tipped for her efforts, although methinks she was one of the devils own minions....sporting the tightest jeans and visable thong....calling us pet names and dealing the evil swing lube. Bless her.

Anyhow....it became a routine matter for us to water the course. Most of us did so in a fairly low key way that was all but unoticed.

One guy in the group...the guy that started us on this evil journey with the first cold one....took another approach. He and his partner were in a casual bet with the non-drinker and myself....just pocket change really...not much $$$. He got in the habit of pulling his cart up behind ours at the tee boxes. My partner usually had honors off the box, anyway....imagine that...sobriety rewarded. The other guy would step behind his cart and piss on the cart path......and piss.....and piss.....seemed to take 17 minutes to piss every time. The loud volume alone had to distract my partner....the amount would have had a team of doctors scratching their heads. It's simply a medical mystery how one person could be pissing so much.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!