IGNORED

Most difficult course you've played?

Jay-Bird
Note: This thread is 5466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ocean Course, Kiawah Island

77.4, 144, played it shortly before they shut it down for the '03 WGC there, I shot high 80s, 87 maybe, and i was a 2hdcp back then playing consistent tournament golf. It was brutal.

Driver - TaylorMade R7 425
3-Wood - Callaway Original Steelhead
Irons - Ben Hogan 3-PW Apex FTX, Rifle 6.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52, 56, and 60
Putter - Scotty 2004 Newport Beach 1.5

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete Dye Course @ Barefoot Resort Myrtle Beach, SC

Tipped to 7500 yds at sea level. 4 280+ carries to fairway, and only 4 green surfaces visible on approach. Stupid hard emphasis on the stupid.

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

Townsend Ridge in Massachusetts. So incredible tight with OB on either side of the fairways.

One fairway is literally 20 feet wide at one point.

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

The Bayonet Course at Ft. Ord, CA

I was told this course was used for Monday qualifying for the Crosby Pebble Beach tournament back in the 1970's and all the pro's hated it because it was so tough!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I have to add one, Wyncote in Oxford, PA. Tough course in the wind, which is more often than not. If it's quiet, you can post a score, but 7200 yards can turn into 8000 if the wind is whipping around out there.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Chambers Bay GC, home of the 2010 U.S. Amature and 2015 U.S. Open.

I don't know if it is as hard as others around the U.S. but it is the toughest I have played....yet. I will be playing Kapalua's The Plantation Course and Bay course this September.

Living 15 minutes from Chambers Bay, they better get their act together and get those greens right other wise the Open will be going eles where!
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Chambers Bay GC, home of the 2010 U.S. Amature and 2015 U.S. Open.

What's wrong with the greens? I've played it a few times and the greens were fine.

Sumo 5000 UST V2 S
906F2. UST X. 13*
Sumo2 hybrid 2. X flex. 17*
X Forged. Project X 5.5:
RAC 50* Vokey 54* and 58* Cherry bomb Newport 2 35" One Black

What's wrong with the greens? I've played it a few times and the greens were fine.

I have played a few times as well, the lates was late July. I know people who have been out there in the past few weeks and each of them said multiple greens have been partialy redone and fully redone. I also believe that they have are on there second or third superintendent.

By all means I hope they don't take it away, I believe the Pacific Northwest should have a annual stop.
DBake
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Last year I played The Grande in Michigan. I think it might not be that terrible if you played it a few times, but it handed me my lunch. Lots of long carries off tee and for approaches. I am not an especially long hitter, so it came me some fits. Nice course though, I'd like to have another shot at it.

I've played The Grande as well, very very tough course. Underrated in Michigan too. There are a ton of great golf courses in Michigan and The Grande never seems to be mentioned with any of them.

Driver - TaylorMade R7 425
3-Wood - Callaway Original Steelhead
Irons - Ben Hogan 3-PW Apex FTX, Rifle 6.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52, 56, and 60
Putter - Scotty 2004 Newport Beach 1.5

I have played a few times as well, the lates was late July. I know people who have been out there in the past few weeks and each of them said multiple greens have been partialy redone and fully redone. I also believe that they have are on there second or third superintendent.

Interesting. I last played it in October I believe it was and everything seemed fine. That's why I was curious as to what was up.

Sumo 5000 UST V2 S
906F2. UST X. 13*
X Forged. Project X 5.5:

Interesting. I last played it in October I believe it was and everything seemed fine. That's why I was curious as to what was up.

honestly...i saw inconsistencies in the greens...not like it would've made a HUGE difference in my scoring that day... but some were extremely fast.... i remember 1,5, 9 and was that short 160 yard par 3 down hill with bunkers all over...15 or 16? those were lightening quick.

the only advice they really gave me was stay short or play a roll b/c the greens don't hold well.....but that's expected with a links course isn't it??? I forgot the # of this hole..but uphill and driveable that day....by far my favorite hole there.... it was the only hole i birdied if i remember correctly.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

honestly...i saw inconsistencies in the greens...not like it would've made a HUGE difference in my scoring that day... but some were extremely fast.... i remember 1,5, 9 and was that short 160 yard par 3 down hill with bunkers all over...15 or 16? those were lightening quick.

The green on that hole is the stupidest thing I have ever seen....should make for interesting TV, along with 8, 9, 13, 15, 16.

DBake
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300

Yes that green is HUGE! And I mean jesus HUGE!

The greens held well when I played, the girl that drove the shuttle bus down to the course from the club house said the greens were rolling around a 10 on the stimp meter that day.

I think 16 will make an interesting hole when they stick the flag back in the thumbnail portion of the green.

Sumo 5000 UST V2 S
906F2. UST X. 13*
X Forged. Project X 5.5:

rtj ross bridge. it was stupidly long and made for a miserable day.

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!