IGNORED

Some Commonly Asked Questions

iacas
Note: This thread is 4822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Too many times someone will ask a question that's been answered elsewhere. Such questions often derail (or rally kill) threads or, at the very least, take time to answer when the onus should be on the question asker to do a little research.

Here are the commonly asked questions and their answers.

1) Newbie Thread
A lot of the questions are answered simply by reading this post . This post is PMed and emailed to every new user, and it covers creating a signature (with logos), reputation, reporting spammy posts, and more. Note: Report Post is not the same as Reply to Post.

2) Posting in the Marketplace
You've got to be an Established Member , 18 years of age, and you have to follow the rules .

3) Embedding Videos
That is all covered in this post .
Use the new [video] tag.

Any other items we should add? Suggest them below - but I think this covers just about every common question.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...
Any other items we should add? Suggest them below - but I think this covers just about every common question.

How about the common threads of "which irons should I buy?" or "which ball should I play?" or "what should I do for golf exercise?"

We get these threads fairly commonly, and I used to have a near-copy-paste reply for the exercise threads. Or do you mean only commonly-asked questions with the same answer each time (e.g., putting logos in your signature is the same process regardless of your handicap or ball-striking ability)?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
Or do you mean only commonly-asked questions with the same answer each time?

Yeah. I mean those kinds.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 year later...
how do I add the "in the bag" part to my messages"

In the Bag:
Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2
Fairway wood: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2 4 wood
Hybrid: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2
Irons: some type of generic imitation, will look asapSand Wedge: Nike

how do I add the "in the bag" part to my messages"

Look at "Newbie Thread" (question 1, above). It's in the answer to that.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 5 months later...

what are skins, how does one get them, what do they do or are good for? lol  (i noticed i have 14 while quite a few others have none...) and how does one become a forum leader?

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Originally Posted by Gioguy21

what are skins, how does one get them, what do they do or are good for? lol  (i noticed i have 14 while quite a few others have none...) and how does one become a forum leader?

Reputation (skins): http://thesandtrap.com/wiki/reputation

Forum leaders were made before the transition to Huddler, we gave our insight, helped test out features and made suggestions on how we would like to see it work. Now that it is up and running there is not much a forum leader does. We have access to a Leader Forum category, but now that Huddler is running well, most of the activity is bug reporting, which is done in the Tech Support category, which is open for everyone.

I think some were made (or supposed to be) moderators after the transition, don't know how that went. In any case, this forum runs pretty smoothly without the need for a lot of moderation, Erik are usually here to cool off users when it gets nasty.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Zeph

Forum leaders were made before the transition to Huddler, we gave our insight, helped test out features and made suggestions on how we would like to see it work. Now that it is up and running there is not much a forum leader does. We have access to a Leader Forum category, but now that Huddler is running well, most of the activity is bug reporting, which is done in the Tech Support category, which is open for everyone.

I think some were made (or supposed to be) moderators after the transition, don't know how that went. In any case, this forum runs pretty smoothly without the need for a lot of moderation, Erik are usually here to cool off users when it gets nasty.

That was the plan, but it hasn't really been necessary and I kind of like keeping "moderator" responsibility to staff members. It's not a slight on anyone - moderating is more a pain in the butt, so truthfully I hope people are glad they've not been asked to moderate. It can burn you out.

Forum Leaders have some perks (I think they can list more Marketplace items) over regular and Established members, not the least of which is that they should be looked to as example setters.

Originally Posted by Zeph

Reputation (skins): http://thesandtrap.com/wiki/reputation

Thanks Zeph, appreciate it.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Note: This thread is 4822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!