IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Jack defined the game, Tiger is simply taking it to an altogether higher level.

DC

David C. Cleveland

In My Bag:

Driver: Big Bertha 4603 Wood: Big BerthaHybrid: Rescue Dual 3 19 degreeIrons: Big Bertha 2006Wedges: x forged mdPutter: 33 inch Natalie center shaftedBall: HX TourHome Course: Wellshire Golf Course, Denver, COVisit my musings at...

Purely voted for Tiger on the basis that Jack was before my time, a shame I know, but never really seen him play.

In my Freestyle standbag

Driver: FTiQ 10° Reg ZCOM Shaft
3 Wood: G10 5 wood TFC 129 Stiff Shaft
Irons: I5 3-PW DG R300 steel shaftsWedges: 54° Vokey SM & 58° Vokey SMPutter: Redwood AnserBall: Z-Star

At the point Tiger is at right now, definitely Tiger.

Driver: Sasquatch Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila NV Stiff
Fw: Sasquatch 4wd Reg.
3 Iron: Burner Stiff
4-Pw: Ta5 Reg.
Sand Wedge: Reg. 588 56Lob Wedge: 588 DSG 60Putter: Studio Stainless NewportBall: Pro-V1 (When I can afford them)Home Course: Sunridge Canyon in Fountain Hills, AZ

Tiger all the way, jack is great but his ego has to go!

Whats in my bag

Irons 2-pw mp-32 s300

fairway wood big bertha fusion 3+ 13* aldila nvs 55-sDriver 440sz 7.5* gs-6 s-flexwedge 56* SI beryllium wedge 52* MP seriesball hx tourputter hummmm

I am 59, so I watched Jack, Arnie, Chi-Chi, Gary Player, Julius Boros, Gay Brewer, George Archer, Billy Casper, Tommy Aaron, Ray Floyd, Tom Watson,
Craig Statler, Ben Crenshaw, Bernard Langer, Larry Mize, Ken Venturi, Tony Jacklin, Hale Irwin, Andy North and yes, good 'ole Johnny Miller. Although Jack at times dominated these great players, the field does not compare to the competition that exists today. There are just so many more venues: colleges, multiple tours, and more quality instruction available worldwide to produce thousands of great golfers. The players who rise to the top from the size of the universe are by simple math argubly better than those with whom Jack competed. Tiger is also much more dominating than Jack ever was and Tiger hasn't reached his prime.

Both are hard to root for though, personalities are somewhat annoying. Watch the LPGA if you want to see the best players also be the pleasant to be around.

Driver: 400 SZ
Irons: Maltby custom fit KE4's
Sandwedge: Maltby Slider
Others: random selection

I think Tiger is the BEST....took the game to a higher lever.

909 D2 10.5* Diamana stiff
909 F2 15.5* Diamana stiff
909 h 21*
909 h 24*
MP-57 5 - PW Project X 5.5 stiff Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Putter Black Series 1 Sumo Bag GX1 and uPro GPS

Dear BB:
Watson was terrific. His 39 tour wins says volumes. However, to put him in the same breath as Tiger or Jack is a stretch. I see you are a David Duval watcher. Do you know how to get in touch with him? I believe my book "Peace and Par - Enjoying Golf in the Now" could help David get back on track. Thanks for being you.
Michael

Hi

i am a Duval watcher indeed-there's not much to be optomistic about with him at the moment..just needs to keep playing and get rid of the snowmen-i feel that the desire and discipline deep down is missing in his game.

bb

how about we throw Slammin Sammy in here?

whats in my bag,

Driver- 975D 7.5*
3 wood- 975F 13*
Irons- 2-pw Acushnet Tungsten AC-108'swedges-58* 64*putter-bag- staff I know its huge, but I dig it " I am McLovin"

Hmmmm. Slammin' Sammy was way past his prime when Arnie and Jack hit the scene.
I actually believe Sam in his prime would have ate Jack's lunch. I saw him in 1996 play the par 3 tournament at the Masters with Tiger Woods. Sweeeeeet swing.

for me Sam was, is and always will be the greatest golfer ever. that's no disrespect to Tom, Jack or Tiger just my humble opinion. I know some say technology has nothing to do with the argument, but I would have loved to have seen some titanium in Sammy's hands. Can you imagine? Wow comes to mind.

whats in my bag,

Driver- 975D 7.5*
3 wood- 975F 13*
Irons- 2-pw Acushnet Tungsten AC-108'swedges-58* 64*putter-bag- staff I know its huge, but I dig it " I am McLovin"

Jack is my all time favorite golfer, but Tiger is now clearly the greatest of all time. Jack never dominated the way Tiger does. Yes there were more "closers" in Jack's day, but the tour is much, much more competitive than it has ever been.

Taylormade Tour Burner, 2008 9.5, Fujikura Reax 60 stiff shaft, 2 degrees open
Callawy Heavenwood, 14 degree Hybrid, stock shaft
Titleist 585H, 17 and 21 degree Hybrids, Aldila Stiff 85 shafts
Titleist Tour 4-PW, Dynamic Gold s300
Titeist Vokey Spin Milled 56 and 60 degreeMaxfli Crossbax 5.0Top...