IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

true, tiger actually decided to be born 30 years later cuz he knew he couldn't compete with jack

Yes and and as far as Tigers competition being lower, it is his fault that he' dominates than the current playing field If you really want to get cynical we can say that if Tiger had been born 30 years ago he probably wouldn't have been allowed on the same courses as Jack.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

well. this is a question that can be talked about for years and years, and you will always get a new story saying why a certain person thinks tiger/jack is the better pick.

Personally, Tiger is the choice for me.

Soon to be a full time golfer....If things go as planned

WITB:
Driver: Sasquatch 9.5 degree with Diamana Stiff Shaft3 wood: Sasquatch 13 degree with Diamana Stiff ShaftIrons: CCI Forged (3-pw) with True Temper Stiff ShaftsWedges: SV Tour 52/56 degree wedge Putter: isopur putter that i used in high...

true, tiger actually decided to be born 30 years later cuz he knew he couldn't compete with jack

In all fairness, if Tiger had been born 30 years earlier his lifelong goal would have been to surpass Walter Hagen's 12 majors, so Jack would have blown past him with his 18.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Tiger is great -- maybe the greatest, but the pudgy boy Jack was still a better athlete. As for ripping it farther, if jack used the same equipment in his prime, it would take Tiger Driver-wedge to get close.

So did Jack.

I think Tiger is playing in a time when there are more guys who can go low every single week. And, if anyone thinks there is large gulf between Player/Trevino and Singh/Mickelson hasn't been watching pro golf long enough.

But, Jack could bring it when he needed to bring it most. Just like Tiger.

I honestly can't decide yet, all i know is that only Tiger and Jack are in the team picture. It's one of them. Not Jones, Nelson, Snead, Hogan, Palmer, nor the rest. They were all great. But, not in the team picture for "best ever". Only two guys are in that picture.
GAC

What's In My Bag?
Taylor Made RBZ Driver
Nike Ignite 3 Wood

Taylor Made Burner 5 Wood
Cleveland QuadPro 3 Iron Hybrid
Mizuno MX-200 4 Through WedgeMizuno MP Series Gap and Sand Wedges

Odyssey XG7 Putter

I'm extremely "unfussy" about balls. I'll play anything white and round!  I''ll even play the colors i find.

I have only been watching golf long enough to see Tiger.
Driver: 08 Speed LD F 10.5*
Hybrids: A3OS Boxer 3H(19*) A3OS Boxer 4H(22*)
Irons: (4-AW) Victory Red Full Cavity Irons
Wedges: VR PW 45*, VR AW 50*, SV Tour Black 56*, SV Tour Black 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: Sasquatch Tour Stand/Carry Bag (Victory Red/Gray)Shoes: Air Tour SpectatorBalls: D2...

as players, jack and tiger are equals but being that jack's caddy, angelo argea was one of the all-time great characters and class acts in the game of golf as opposed to tiger's scum bucket of a caddy, steve williams, that we have to conclude that jack is a better golfer

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4