IGNORED

Driver cracks,Which one

bruce
Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just curious to know which driver you have and where it cracked,i have the
taylor made cgb and it is cracked on the sole,it starts from the face and goes an inch and a half long.If your driver has cracked post here and we will see which one is the most common to crack.I noticed the noise from mine got real shrill weeks ago,probably was cracked then and i did'nt notice.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I have had a few over the years. Here is my list...

Ping ISI
Cobra SS 427
TM R7

The first two had a lot strokes to them and were aging. The R5 was on the range during a demo, so I cant say how many hits or how it was cared for.

Srixon Z-RW 8.5* Matrix XCON 6
Callaway Steelhead Plus 15* Rifle 7.0
Cleveland Halo Hybrid 19*
MacGrecor Pro-C Forged 3-PW Rife 6.5
Cleveland Wedges 53* 58*YES! Tracy

• 2 weeks later...
I was in golfmart last week and i asked one of the guys that work there about
drivers cracking,he said its pretty common,told me to bring my driver to the front desk and they would send it to taylormade,i said i did'nt buy it here,don't matter he said.I brought it in on friday and no problem they took it,
today i got a call too pick up my new driver,brand new driver with headcover and tool kit,i did'nt give them my headcover e.t.c.I was expecting to wait at least a month for a reply and maybe a negative one.Class stuff by golfmart,they did me a good turn,i had already e-mailed taylormade about it but to this day i never got a response.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I've seen it..haven't owned it...but the '07 Nike sas's have had a bad rep for cracking and denting... saw 2 myself
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Only thing I have with a crack is the exit door for this

In fact I have never had any of my drivers crack. I have seen a TM Burner crack and an old Yonex.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Played with a guy one time and the face imploded! It made one heck of a sound. He was using an old cleveland launcher.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

It happens occasionally!! Don't think negatively on the company it really is not their fault!! Driver heads are welded together & sometimes the weld is going to give nothing can stop it as long as we demand hotter drivers!! Most companies will warranty it if something happens!If they do not replace it then you can start to think negatively. But realize that they are unlikely to replace that 10 year old model!!

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

The seam between the body and the face of my old FTI...ohhhh it was bad

i15 irons with stiff shafts
R9 Driver, 9.5* stiff shaft
R9 3 wood, regular shaft
wedges 52, 56, 60
White Ice Sabertooth putter hoofer bagAdidas Tour 360 4.0 shoes

I swear to you this is the God's honest truth. I started getting more serious about golf about 3 or 4 years ago & wanted to buy a new driver. At the time I had a pretty limited budget & didn't have a ton of knowledge about which companies made the best equiptment. The salesman at Golf Headquarters sold me on an Oryx driver (yes, that's right..Oryx) It had interchangeable weights like the R7, which was cutting edge at the time.

Over the course of the next 4 months, I broke not one, not two, but three drivers, all the same model. The face of the first driver cracked right down the middle. The 2nd driver snapped at the hosel & the face of the 3rd driver essentially imploded. All under normal conditions. Each time I took the driver back to Golf Headquarters & each time they gave me a new one, surprisingly without a hassle, although they started getting skeptical when I returned the third time.

I opted for store credit after the third break & bought a new DIFFERENT driver the following Spring

In My X Bag:

Driver: Sasquatch 460 Graffaloy NT Stiff 9.5°
3 Wood: X 15°
5 Wood: FT-5Irons: MP-52 Project X 5.5GW: Vokey 200 Series 52°SW: Wilson Staff R.Mendralla 56°LW: Vokey Spin Milled 60°Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls: Pro V1x

R9. From 2nd line down on heel down and across to bottom toe line.

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

One of my playing partners has been using a driver with a large crack on the sole about 2" long, parallel with the face and about 1/4" from it. It makes no difference at all to his drives. He tried to get it replaced, but the company wouldn't do it, so he's using it anyway. (But he did buy it second hand and it's several years old).

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!