IGNORED

Mizuno introduces the sound of feel

Note: This thread is 5487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you can pick it up for $4, please do, and post a video, this would be interesting to see.

To see what?

I strongly doubt that Mizuno would put out an ad with them flicking away at golf iron heads, with the entire basis of the advertisement founded upon lying to the public by striking on their competitor's heads differently than their own. It's not something hard to replicate (if you have a high quality recording mic) and it would ruin their Research and Development reputation if this were true especially since the guy doing it wasn't any old schmoe at Mizuno. For the few posters out there calling this BS: Stop hating on Mizuno. Also, if sound could travel so purely through a Mizuno iron head, I don't see why the vibrations of hitting a golf ball wouldn't.
Taylormade R9 TP 9.5*w/ Diamana Kai'li 70 S (SST PURE)
Callaway FT 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black Hybrid 20* w/ Voodoo NV8 S
MP-68 3-PW irons w/ KBS Tour X-flex (softstepped 1x)
Cleveland CG-12 52.10Cleveland CG-15 DSG 56.08 Vokey Limited Edition 60-V w/ KBS black nickel S-FlexCircle T Beached Center Shaft...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To see what?

are you referring to the posters that thought that the test was unauthentic OR are you referring to those that thought the whole idea of sound making Mizuno superior was BS.

I fall into the latter group... and I would be curious to know what forged iron competitors were being used for comparison. I DO call BS on Mizuno feeling FAR superior to other forged heads as a result of the sound they make.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Maybe eventually they'll start making a balls and shoes too that way you won't have any non-Mizuno items in the sig.

Actually, they do make balls and shoes. They are only available in Japan though.

I have found an online retailer that sells them ( www.tourspecgolf.com ), but they are really expensive and the shipping costs are insane. In the case of the shoes, the biggest size they offer is size 10, which isnt big enough for me (I wear a 12).

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

are you referring to the posters that thought that the test was unauthentic OR are you referring to those that thought the whole idea of sound making Mizuno superior was BS.

I take that video with a grain of salt. It was put together by Mizuno, so you cant take it at face value.

I like my Mizunos and thats all that matters to me. Just as you could call BS to Mizuno and their claims, I could easily call BS on all those who think that Titleist golfballs are far superior to everything else on the market. I look at how switching to Mizunos has transformed my game in the past year and thats all the proof I need to their superiority. If I were given the choice to either keep playing my Mizunos or to never play Mizunos again and be paid 10 million dollars, I would choose to keep my Mizunos. To be honest though, there are lots of great forged irons on the market. Srixon makes great forged irons, not to mention Miuras are downright legendary. It does definetly seem like the forged Japanese irons are among the best though. I know some people on here really like Titleist AP2s, but Ive tried them and didnt see anything special about them.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

If I were given the choice to either keep playing my Mizunos or to never play Mizunos again and be paid 10 million dollars, I would choose to keep my Mizunos.

WOW!!!! Now

THATS a Mizuno fan!

WOW!!!! Now

Yup!

Not to mention Im not a materialistic person, so its not as if my life would change much even if I had all that money.

I love my mizunos just as much as the next guy, but c'mon....10 million dollars?
I would give up the mizzies in a heart beat.

Driver: Tour Burner TP 9.5* Whiteboard Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19*
Irons: 4-pw Mp-32 S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 60*
Putter: Newport 2 34" 340gBall: Pro-V1 or NXT-tourShoes: Adidas Tour 360 LTD

While mizzy's are great, for 10 million, I'd kick their ass out the door, and welcome that money truck. I would welcome a lot of other things as well, if you catch my drift.

I would like to see how accurate those tests are. While I do believe that mizuno irons are great, I dont think that the difference would be that significant. Anyone interested in rpoving this statement wrong, go for it, I am seriously interested.

While mizzy's are great, for 10 million, I'd kick their ass out the door, and welcome that money truck. I would welcome a lot of other things as well, if you catch my drift.

Let's take the forged steel vs. cast steel to another area.... It is common knowledge that the Japanese had the best swords in the day because of their forging process. It is the same metal, but it was forged in a way that made them superior. When struck the metal would sing, much as the iron heads do now. So, what's to say that there isn't something to that? There was a significant difference between Japanese forged vs. the forging of others. I am not an engineer, but I do think there is a difference. Personal prefference being the only thing that makes the real difference, go with what feels best to you.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

Music to my ears.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

Wow. Thats awesome. At least I know if I quit golf I can use my Mizunos like a musical triangle in the church band!!!!

I like Mizuno but this is rediculous.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

lol i love the blurred out g10s and big berthas....im planning on some mp 62's next year

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

id give up golf forever for 10 million dollars, lol

amen!

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

Let's take the forged steel vs. cast steel to another area.... It is common knowledge that the Japanese had the best swords in the day because of their forging process. It is the same metal, but it was forged in a way that made them superior. When struck the metal would sing, much as the iron heads do now. So, what's to say that there isn't something to that? There was a significant difference between Japanese forged vs. the forging of others. I am not an engineer, but I do think there is a difference. Personal prefference being the only thing that makes the real difference, go with what feels best to you.

Exactly. There is nothing like the feel of a Japanese forged golf club.

one thing i must say is that you cant expect two cast "gi" irons top sound like a forged one

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

one thing i must say is that you cant expect two cast "gi" irons top sound like a forged one

Yeah, maybe not... but you might expect a forged blade to at least have a similar sound.

Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Note: This thread is 5487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!