IGNORED

How come Tiger's "afraid" of the South

ElWagonne
Note: This thread is 5515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I preface this by saying, I actually like Tiger, but.....

His avoidance of Southern tournaments (Majors & WGC events excluded) baffles me. Outside of Bay Hill, Wachovia and previously mentioned events, he never comes down here. For instance, I don't think he's ever graced Memphis, New Orleans, Houston, or San Antonio with his presence. He hasn't played in Dallas since his missed cut streak ended in '05. What do you think it is? Is it the heat (yes, I'm aware that he won the PGA in that sweatbox known as Tulsa)? Does he not like bermuda greens? What could it be? I realize he doesn't owe his southern fans a thing, but a fan can only hope.....

My best guess is that since he schedules everythign around the majors so those events proably just don't fit. I know the St. Jude is usually the week before the U.S. Open(??) and the only event I can remember him playing the week before a major is the WGC at Firestone. He does play quite a bit in Florida so I doubt it is the bermuda. Due to the weather, many of the southern tournaments are played in the spring and fall. He never plays in the 'Fall Finish' after the Tour Championship, and only plays in a couple of events before the Masters, maybe one before The Players, then one or two before the U.S. Open.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I preface this by saying, I actually like Tiger, but.....

His year is based around preparing for major and WGC events. He also plays events where there is a particular sponsor affiliation he needs/wants to honour. These are the only considerations. It obviously just doesn't meet these needs.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Maybe he can sandwich in a Southern event now that he's dropped Buick from his sponsorship duties (ideally I'll hope for the Nelson, since I've already taken a day off and bought a ticket)

Maybe he just hates Bermuda grass?

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

i saw a documentary on tiger which contained an interview with a young (12 or so) tiger where he was talking about the prejudice he feels when he use to travel for junior tournaments. That kind of impression you get when your a kid stays with you forever. I would say its not that hes afraid of the South. He probably just doesnt have fond memories of it or doesnt feel comfortable there.

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 9.5
5W: Mizuno F-60
3H: Mizuno CLK Fli-Hi
Irons: Nike CCI Forged 4-PW
SW: Mizuno MX-19 LW: Mizuno MP-R 60Deg

Tiger is so afraid of the south that he deicided to live there.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Note: This thread is 5515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!