IGNORED

Putting grip?

Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Putting Grip

• Reverse Overlap
    • Left hand low
    • Interlock
    • Two Fingers Down
    • Other

Just curious as to what type of putting grip you guys use. I personally use the reverse overlap with the occasional left hand low if I get bored .

On a side note, I was reading through some articles online and one of them talked about how the thumb on your right hand should be on the left side of the putter grip. Does anyone here use that method?

In the bag:
907 D1 Driver 10.5
CB2 15*
904f 19*
Fusion 21* 7 wood 680 4-pw Vokey 54* and 60* Newport 2 33" Pro V1

Right now I grip the putter like I grip my clubs.. 10 finger. Last year, I used the split grip and loved it, (Natalie Gulbis can get me to do just about anything), but playing on slow arse greens caused me to "hit" the putt more than stroke it. When ever I have trouble I always go back to the Hammy style of putting with an extended Ping I have. I am never scared to try anything.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

Interlock with right-hand pointer finger down.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

Left hand low double interlock
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

exactly the same grip as when I hit an iron or a driver. average 30 putts a round for the last 3 rounds.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

YAY!

For ever it seems i used the same grip that i use for every shot...........
Well today that stopped. I remember seeing a video of guy throwing the ball underhand into the hole each time he tossed it.

So i tried the right hand low method (i guess thats what you call it). I was getting close and making putts i never would have made with the other grip.

I promised to really work on my short game this season. Mostly because it is the cheapest way to get better. My chipping has gotten really better. But till today putting hasnt changed much. I know its just one round but im more confident that with more practice i can really putt the ball with no issues. NO MORE 4 PUTTS!

YAY!

I do the split grip. Similar to Natalie Gulbis, just not soooo split. I stand with my feet a little more than shoulder width apart. I actually just switched to this a couple of months ago and I couldnt be happier. I feel way more comfortable over the 4-5 footers.

In my bag:

R9
Burner 3w
Burner 5w Burner Plus 4I-SW 60* LW, 52* GW Rossa Spider putter

I use the same overlap grip that I use on the rest of my clubs. Except that on the putter I have my right index finger going down the shaft a little more, but it still wraps around a little.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I reverse overlap. It is by far the most comfortable putting grip i tried. I dont slide fingers down the shaft or grip, or anything like that. I hold the club firmly with my entire hand and curl my fingers underneath the grip. Its the best way, ive found, to secure the clubhead and keep wrist action to a minimum.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!