IGNORED

Masters Online & TV Coverage

SpacklersEdge
Note: This thread is 4410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why wouldnt you be ALLOWED to watch it. I didnt join the site or anything I just logged on and I was there.

coming from over here it says 'this service is not available in your area'!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more. That is why the US OPEN is the greatest golf tournament in the world hands down. I love how the announcers kept saying all day all it takes is one mental error and Augusta can get you.. Please....The players ABSOLUTELY destroyed the course today. A new record for total players under par in a round. If you didn't shoot under par today you played a TERRIBLE round of golf. The winning masters score should be -8 or less. Unless the weather gets worse the winning score will be -15. Welcome to the Reno-Tahoe Open.

What are you, 17? I think it's possible to complain without the hardly concealed obscenities. Really, grow up a bit.

No, I'm 15.

And why does my vernacular even bother you? At least I made the effort to * out those words. What are you, 90? See my point? How the F*CK does my age have anything to do with what I'm saying?

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

No, I'm 15.

Hahahaha freshyyyy (as in freshman in high school). Enough teenage angst to take on the world. You need to chill out kid.

I'm 17 btw if you're wondering.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

I'm 29. I was being sarcastic when I said I was 15. I just didn't see the point in referencing my posts to my age, that's all. And there's no need for me to "chill out" because I was never really mad, just annoyed is all.

But good lookin out, "kid".

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

I agree with what you guys are saying about being closer to level par being good, but that's why we have the open and us open.

The Masters has seen -10 or better several several times going all the way back to the hogan days. Ray Floyd went -17, Seve went -13, etc. It's usually 7 or lower. From 1990 to 2002 it wasn't worse than -8 and only 3 times was it not double digits below par. 5 times in the 70s it was -10 or better. In fact, it's only been par or worse 5 times and half the time going all the way back to 1934 it's been -9 or better. So being 15 you may not remember 2005, when tiger won it at -12 but remember he won it in a playoff with DiMarco so it wasn't Tiger blowing away the field. The Masters giving up birdies is nothing new.

Having a winner at -12 and averaging a 69 is totally acceptable. And sometimes watching guys struggle to make par gets boring too, I would like to see a tournament when they have the choice to be aggressive, and too often the US Open doesn't allow that, and I love the US Open.

Driver - TaylorMade R7 425
3-Wood - Callaway Original Steelhead
Irons - Ben Hogan 3-PW Apex FTX, Rifle 6.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52, 56, and 60
Putter - Scotty 2004 Newport Beach 1.5

I'm 29. I was being sarcastic when I said I was 15. I just didn't see the point in referencing my posts to my age, that's all. And there's no need for me to "chill out" because I was never really mad, just annoyed is all.

haha, well then my bad about you not remembering 2005, but the stats still remain.

Hahahahahaha I don't necessarily not believe you, but anyone can say anything on an internet forum. I'm actually secretly Anthony Kim in disguise

But I don't feel like arguing over this so sorry to interrupt your thread.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

I agree with what you guys are saying about being closer to level par being good, but that's why we have the open and us open.

Ok, but if that's the case, then why are they trying to make it harder? It's not just me saying this. And that's fine if they shoot -8, -12...whatever. But you almost had a guy, Chad Campbell of all people, shoot -10 in one round. Granted he ended up at -7, but when I started the thread he was at -9 and showed no signs of stopping on this muni course they call Augusta National.

p.s. Did you WIKI all those stats or are you a statistician for the PGA? p.s.s And what 15 year old would quote George Carlin of all people?? Wouldn't I be quoting a Jonas Brother or something? lol

US Open TV Commentator

well Campbell is a great ball striker and is known to get hot so it's not too surprising. He almost won the PGA back in '03 (I think '03). And I believe he has a 3rd place finish at the Masters so he can get around Augusta.

And no I wiki'd the stats and was actually surprised to see it THAT low. I thought 6-7 would be the norm.

for a major the winning score should be at most 2/3 under par and should be actually around level! majors are supposed to be difficult! NOT with a player having the chance to break a course record of 9 under!

With all due respect that's a ridiculous statement... The best players in the world shouldn't shoot low scores in a major championship? Nicklaus' 63 in 1st round in 1980 US Open at Baltusrol - Miller's final round 63 at Oakmont in '73 to win the US Open - Player's 64 in the last round of The Masters to win in '78... I could go on... Yeah, let's not count those rounds, that just shouldn't happen at a major championship... That's crazy talk

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

With all due respect that's a ridiculous statement... The best players in the world shouldn't shoot low scores in a major championship? Nicklaus' 63 in 1st round in 1980 US Open at Baltusrol - Miller's final round 63 at Oakmont in '73 to win the US Open - Player's 64 in the last round of The Masters to win in '78... I could go on... Yeah, let's not count those rounds, that just shouldn't happen at a major championship... That's crazy talk

im not saying thats what would happen but just what id like to see from a major championship! id much rather see players struggling to break par in tournaments which are supposed to be difficult but tbf it was never going to be anything like that at augusta! like i said its just what i would have liked to have seen from a major championship!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

Who cares what they shoot? If they are all playing the same course in the same conditions then it is all relative!

I personally like to see this after the few years of torture we have had as of late. And I will take this over a tricked up US Open course that takes fairness out of play. You hit it in the fairway, you get rewarded, you hit good shots on the green, you get rewarded.

Again, it is all relative. But I don't think it will last as greens will get faster, pins will get tougher and pressure will get greater.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

at the minute its looking like condiions may not be as good today as there are a lot of players currently either level or over par and only a couple under par!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

I believe that this trend toward the defense of par is the worst development in the recent history of professional golf. I don't buy the original poster's notion that major championships are supposed to be hard; they're supposed to make the best players in the world rise to the occasion. But when the course setups and the weather have combined to give players a very hard time of it in recent majors, look at who won those tournaments: Paul Lawrie, Ben Curtis, Shawn Micheel, Michael Campbell, Zach Johnson, Angel Cabrera. That list is not exactly a murderer's row of the global elite.

The ideal setup for major championships should be one that rewards good play, not one hellbent on protecting an arbitrary number at whatever cost. Yesterday's round was played in ideal scoring conditions; I would expect the world's best to be capable of posting low scores with clear skies, firm fairways, greens that are receptive to approach shots, and negligible wind. Since players now know that mid-60s rounds are possible on this course, they are going to be more aggressive. That's going to mean more birdies and eagles, but also a lot more double bogeys and higher when those risks don't pay off. The greens are going to get harder and faster over the weekend, and the wind will pick up. I can assure anyone worried about low scores that Chad Campbell will not post three more 65s for a 28-under final score.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

People get to tied to tradition and see the dropping scores as a problem with the tournament. Everyone is used to seeing good scores win it. Times have changed. I would much rather even par win it then -12 which right now could be the number. People want to see birds, thats fine however when players are coming into par 5s with 6 irons there is a problem. Does that bird mean anything or is it really a par.
Quite simply it becomes a par, to the pros anyway.

p.s. Did you WIKI all those stats or are you a statistician for the PGA?

I don't know about the person you're asking, but it seems I know a bizarre amount of stats offhand. I was once watching golf on TV at my folks' place and mom stood up, walked behind the couch, and began staring at the top of my head. When I asked what she was doing, she said she was trying to figure out where I "keep it all."

p.s.s And what 15 year old would quote George Carlin of all people?? Wouldn't I be quoting a Jonas Brother or something? lol

When I was 15, I quoted George Carlin... in a report for school, no less (long story). I guess I was 16 for that, actually. But I first saw him at age 10.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That sucks. It's really a shame, I have it running off to the side, so far it's pretty good coverage. Is just the video blocked, or the entire site?

I can browse the site alright , it's just the live coverage part that i can't access

I will try TSN.ca...Thank you!

Driver : Sasquatch 5900 aka ''The square thing''
Hybrid : 3DX 18*
Irons : TA6
Wedges : tour action 588 Reg. 56*
Rac Satin 60*Putter : Eye2 black dotBalls : Pro V1x or E6+Bag : Carry bag

Note: This thread is 4410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!