IGNORED

Masters Online & TV Coverage

SpacklersEdge
Note: This thread is 4410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

I'm fairly certain the reason is this: The Masters won't let them.

Well that sucks.

Rory is on Amen corner now so we will get to watch him until he gets to the 16th and by then the ESPN coverage should be close to starting.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. Coverage is a joke anymore on the majors... I remember when you could watch 8 hrs of coverage Thur - Sun., but not anymore.. I guess Golf majors don't get the attention that reruns of NCIS and CSI get.. LOL

Yeah.. Coverage is a joke anymore on the majors... I remember when you could watch 8 hrs of coverage Thur - Sun., but not anymore.. I guess Golf majors don't get the attention that reruns of NCIS and CSI get.. LOL

You still get 8 hours a day with the other three majors. The Masters has never had it.

This year has proven a disaster in coverage thus far.

All the leaders were done or nearly done by the time the coverage started yesterday.  Watching everyone struggle in the afternoon was totally uneventful and nobody got to witness an incredible round by Freddie.

Now, its moving day and you have all these guys within 10 of the lead including the #1 player in the world and this other guy that has won 14 majors and we are seeing none of it.

It's shameful on the part of CBS and the Masters and they are getting what they deserve this year.

Originally Posted by brocks

You still get 8 hours a day with the other three majors. The Masters has never had it.

Wrong.. the Masters USED to have more then the afternoon coverage..

I don't recall that, but as you seem sure, I'll take your word for it. I do remember very vividly that in 2005, when Tiger made seven birdies in a row, we didn't get to see any of it live.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by ThominOH

Got a source that can confirm that?

I'm fairly certain they show more TV now than ever, and when you factor the online stuff in, a TON MORE now than ever before.

Tiger's 2005 run of birdies was in the morning completing the third round on Sunday, wasn't it?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!