IGNORED

can you intentionally kick your ball?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 5519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

don't take it personally, man. You could expect to get razzed a little for a question like that, even though it was obviously in good fun. Just roll with it.

no i'd rather be confrontational to people who obviously are being douches. re-read what he wrote, to see if i jumped overboard and i still would smack him w/ my 3rd leg.

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

words aren't good enough, you need evidence.

First of all, you're completely out of line.

Secondly... All you had to say was that his foot isn't a damn club and it's over. If it's not, well, f your friend for being retarded.

wow...READ THE POST DUMBASS..... I GUESS THATS JUST TOO HARD FOR YOU. ITS NOT MY QUESTION YOU ILLITERATE KID.

You must have missed the bit where I wrote:

"I know that you say that your friend raised the point. Why wasn't your answer "Of course you can't you *&^%$#."" even though you quoted it. Your outrage is a little out of proportion, don't you think? Seems to me that quite a few people are wondering why you didn't just laugh at your friend's question rather than solemnly and earnestly start looking for a definitive answer. eg: Q: But how do you KNOW that I can't kick my ball? Prove it. I need to see it in black and white. A: It's GOLF idiot. You hit the ball with golf clubs. If that isn't enough for him just shrug and shake your head. To further illustrate my point - that his question and your response is crazy. - Please find me a definitive ruling that says that you can not carry a ghetto blaster in your bag and pump out 3 tunes every time you make a birdie. Bet you can't. And I said three songs, not two or five. Some things are pretty obvious.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Just spit tea out laughing at this. Hilarious illustration.

Messy! Now you have to clean tea out from between the keys!!!

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

You must have missed the bit where I wrote:

whatever man, i'm done w/ you, i got my answer....

In my bag:

whatever man, i'm done w/ you, i got my answer....

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

thats cool. you and your dad are the

In my bag:

Y'know I accidentally clicked on this thread. And while I think that it is kind of a no brainer question, it illustrates a good point about some of the conduct on this forum.

Where does it end? I mean it sometimes gets to the point where I wanna ask a question here but don't because I'd rather not get into a pissing match or flamed because "ITS A STUPID QUESTION!" or "GOOGLE IT!"

I remember a while back I started a thread about 'Tiger as a baseball player' in the subject and wrote a random thought as the post. Something to the effect of how far he'd hit a baseball, 100 ft, 300 ft, 300 yards. Clearly the 300 yards part is pretty much impossible and meant to make the thread light hearted. What do I get? "ITS A STUPID QUESTION!" and "THIS IS POINTLESS!" And if I recall correctly it was one of the mods.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm beginning to go to other forums.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

What a ridiculous question. You may as well ask if it is against the rules to place an electric toaster between your opponent's ball and the hole. Can't find a rule specifically prohibting it..............

i keep a toaster in my bag for just such a purpose. also for whipping up some breakfasty goodness at the turn. i refer to it as the waffle iron.

Y'know I accidentally clicked on this thread. And while I think that it is kind of a no brainer question, it illustrates a good point about some of the conduct on this forum.

before you say go google it. go try it. me and my friend googled it for like 20 mins and nothing would come up. so thats why i came here cause i thought i could get a answer but not some kids stupid little rant. you know there were people who replied with suitable answers and i thank them for that. but i will not sit and take crap from some kid....

In my bag:

i thought i could get a answer but not some kids stupid little rant. you know there were people who replied with suitable answers and i thank them for that. but i will not sit and take crap from some kid....

How are you "taking crap"? You still don't get it do you?

The question your friend asked is moronic in the extreme. As a point of law, when someone asks a question like that which is OBVIOUSLY absurd, the onus is on them to prove that they can, not for someone else to prove that they can't. You are pi$$ed off because the question was treated lightly because it was a funny question. You are embarrassed and have to resort to threats and hyperbole. As they say. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer, but the answers you got, including mine, were not stupid. Now....I ask you seriously. Did you really think that there might be some loophole in the rules that allowed the ball to be kicked rather than hit? If the original rulemakers of golf were the equivalent of the "founding fathers" they'd be rolling in their graves. Not because they didn't mention the word "kicking" in the rules but because they'd be wondering what had become of the game with participants who need to ask questions such as your friend's.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

couldn't of said it better myself. basically it just comes down to the fact that there are some..ok maybe many...ppl on this forum that take this game VERY seriously, maybe a bit too serioiusly, even when its not a competition. i can't imagine how miserable these ppl are to play with while out on the course.

In my Datrek Cart Bag (soon to be replaced):

Driver: Lynx 2008 Predator Ti (10.5*, Regular Flex)
Woods: Walter Hagen AWS (3 Wood)
Hybrids: Walter Hagen MS2 Hybrids w/ graphite shafts (18*, 22*)Irons: Walter Hagen MS2 Irons w/ graphite shaftsWedges: 56* Taylor Made rac w/ steel shaft ; 52* Slazenger...

sorry to burst your bubble but that is also a penalty. i came across that when trying to find the no kicking the ball rule. its considered a push.

LOL @ you thinking I was serious!!

My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

couldn't of said it better myself. basically it just comes down to the fact that there are some..ok maybe many...ppl on this forum that take this game VERY seriously, maybe a bit too serioiusly, even when its not a competition. i can't imagine how miserable these ppl are to play with while out on the course.

While this is another question entirely, I beg to differ with you. I take the game fairly seriously, play by the rules at all times, but I've never been told that I'm "miserable to play with"... actually just the opposite. In fact, a player who is just out there to screw around is the one who is miserable to play with. It's also miserable to have to follow around behind his group, because they are usually slower than sin, trying to be cute and clever and funny instead of playing golf.

I've played with both types and I'd rather play with a golfer than with the class clown.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!