IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1) solid iron contact and direction
2) chipping and pitching to improve my up and down percentage
3) putting straight and distance control
4) breaking par
5) strength, flexibility and endurance
6) losing another 10 pounds

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I'm currently trying to decide if I should adjust my swing to be more traditional, or keep my current swing because it's working for me.

Just picking up the game and I'm starting to get a good feel for all my clubs, but I'm almost positive my swing has a few things wrong with it.

...problem is, I'm seeing results. My irons are getting a nice loft to it and generally going where I want them to. My driver shots are solid, straight and long.

I'm leaning towards just keeping what's working, accepting the fact (for now) that I could have a potentially even better swing if I worked out the kinks in my swing. I'm constantly adjusting little things about it, but I haven't gone out of my way to receive formal lessons. I've been largely depending on the advice of random online golf videos (from pros) or tips from friends. Through the combination of these and a lot of practice, I've been able to create decent results.

Slowing down my tempo on just about everything. Also working on having a good pivot with the driver (although I leave it out of the bag when I play except for par 5's until I'm more consistent). Breaking 90.

I have dropped my handicapped by 3 points in this year, but I am still working on several things:
1. iron distance: I can hit 280 yards average with my driver with slight draw but my iron play is very short (but straight) i.e. my 7 iron is only 130 yards.. is that normal???
2. putting: need to past the hole, my putt is usually short
3. chipping: got my new Nike VR wedges, they are great but more spins than I am used to. A little more practice
4. mental game: just be patient man!!! just ignore the buddy talking loudly on his cellphone when I am putting

What is in my Audi golf bag:
1. Ping I15 8 degree with Fubuki

2. Miura 15 degree with Fubuki

3. Titleist 18.5 degree with Tour AD

4. Ping G15 21 degree wood

5. Ping G15 23 degree Hybrid

6. Ping S56 P-5 iron with Project X 5.5

7. Miura Wedges with Project X5.5

8. Scotty Cameron Circa 62

9. Titleist Prov1 or Z-Star

im working around a shoulder injury right now... pulled a muscle right under my left shoulder blade thats making my whole left arm go numb in certain positions...

so im working on easy swings with full rotation... lots of clubbing up to avoid severe distance losses... much more strategy... and nothing to aggravate the injury...

im gonna keep playing thru it till the end of the season... hopefully itll get better with rest
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

i am working on keeping my left arm as straight as possible on my takeaway. I started a strength and conditioning routine to get stronger to help with hitting my irons farther. also working on hitting my irons a consistant distance to help cut down on the amount of half/3 quarter type shots i take during my rounds. and lastly i have been working on making solid contact and taking a solid divot with my 60*, 54* and my PW.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Right now, distance. When I swing easy the ball goes pretty straight, just not very far. When I swing hard, it goes a little farther, but not farther enough, and it is out of control.

Working on my arms at setup, hip rotation, and keeping the right wrist angle all the way through the swing.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

To shoot under par

putting
short game
ball striking
distance control

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I'm working on my ballstriking, if feels to me as this category is not letting me improve my handicap because of too many thin or fat shots.
Also working on concistency as i always follow up good shots with terrible ones.
Hopefully improving there will help get me under 10 before the end of the year.

Right now, I'm working on lag putting. I do this by going to the practice green at least three times a week (even when I'm not playing a regular round that day- sometimes there's no time) and playing a little game with myself. The practice green at my course is much larger than any of the greens on the course, to accommodate more players, and I lag my way around the green with five balls. I score this way: A lag which lands within the length of my putter is worth a point. A ball lagged short of the putter length is -2 points and a ball lagged more than a putter length from the hole is worth -1 point. My rationale is that I'd rather lag long (for practice purposes). I repeat this all the way around the outside of the practice green until my total score is at least twenty. Some days it takes very few times around the practice green, others it seems like I'll be there all day. But my lagging has really improved- important for someone like me who can't stick a green to save my life!
Bag: Callaway Warbird
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 9.5*
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 14*
5 Wood: Taylor Made r7 Draw ?*
Irons (3-PW): Cleveland Hi-Bore XLS GraphiteSW: Cleveland 588 56*LW: Cleveland 588 60*Putter: Ping Craz-EBall: Taylor Made TP BlackGlove: FootJoy StasofDate for a Day on the Course:...

I am working on my back swing, and have been all year.

Kind of a long story, so I'll summarize. Took a few lessons as a kid, but didn't really play till after high school. Just went by feel, being a fairly athletic person I didn't know about the fundamentals, just tried to hit the ball. As a result, I always had a "dip"/wing type swing, where I would not hinge my arms at all, but tilt my left shoulder down and my right elbow would fly out. I would also use a super closed club face (tilting the club) due to my grip, and used to be really hunched over the club. Since then I have adjusted my grip (although still very strong, it is no longer as closed), and worked on my stance. The past few years when I am in groove I could be pretty precise with my irons but I was too inconsistent. My natural shot was a low to mid height draw, but I would tend to hit a lot of pulls left or a bad slice if I was in a funk. So I got a couple lessons and began trying to eliminate the dip and actually hinge my elbows, something I never really did before. This has helped a bit but I am still hitting a lot of my irons left and now have been slicing my driver which was always a draw too, and I still have some of the tilt. Recently watching the pros I noticed how straight their left arms stay and how they tilt their wrists on the back swing. I really didn't do this before, but have been trying to do it lately. I noticed I can generate a lot more speed and get more consistent results with shorter back swing and less wild approach. I've took a couple videos myself with a driver and my "old" swing compared to the "new" swing. I don't have my "old old" swing videod, but my post lesson "hinge but still stilt" swing taped. What do you think? Still lots to work on I am sure but any other advice? Thanks in advance...

Old Swing -
New Swing -

I'm working on shot shaping. In particular, I need to get a draw shot in by bag of tricks. Also working on getting more distance by using more waist turning. Newbie here.

My yardages from 130 and in. I am also working on my putting as usual and my greenside short game. I feel that if i tidy up these loose ends, then i can seriously get down to a low single digit handicap.

I'm still working on consistency and getting my swing more set. Other than that my short game, and consistent driving. My driving is almost slice-free by putting the ball a bit further back in my stance. Only problem is that I have lost a lot of distance.

In my Ozone:

Driver: S9-1 10.5*
Woods: 2007 Burner 3 Wood 15*
Hybrids 2009 3 Rescue 19*Irons: MX-200 4-PWWedges: 52, CG12 56Putter: White Hot XG 2-Ball Blade 35"

Working on research since I injured my hand when I first started getting into golf (a little less than a month ago) and I haven't given it proper time to heal.

I've picked up Hank Haney's: Essentials of the Swing book and been using my clubs around the house to hit my dog's tennis ball. Low impact exercises to work on my stance and grip and observe how they are affecting my ball flight.

Pitch shots from 20-110 yards. I'm also practicing my chipping.
Driver Taylor Made Burner 07 10.5*
5-wood Taylor Made Burner 07 18*
Hybrid Taylor Made Burner Rescue 09 22*
Irons Precept Tour Premium Forged 4-PW
Wedges TM Fe2O3 52.08 and 56.12 | Callaway X-Forged 60.10 MD C-grindPutter Odyssey Black Series #3

3w and driver -- getting the hip to initiate the downswing.

I had thought I was doing this, but maybe I wasn't doing it quite enough. I started it sooner and a just little bit more forcefully and bingo! the pushes and hooks with my long clubs seemed to straighten out a lot more consistently.

Thus far it seems to have had a fairly miraculous effect on direction control.

Well I hope that helps someone else who pushes/hooks.

Now, suddenly hitting fairways more often or very close, and today even a green from 212 yds with the 3W.

(I was in such shock I then proceeded to 3 putt, but that's another story.)

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!