IGNORED

Looking into a Golf Membership - Have Some Questions

sioutdoors
Note:Β This thread is 5532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

do membership realy pay off or are they a waste of money. ON average how many rounds do you have to play to get your moneys worth

Driver-Wilson Deep Red II .428 shaft (stiff)
3 Wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
5 wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
3 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(17*)
4 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(21*)5-PW-Wilson fat shaft52-56-68 Degree wedges- Wilson HarmonizedPutter- Top Flite Mallet

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is based on the course i work at. Very nice course, brand new carts.

Membership : $1500.00

Round of golf on weekday $39.00 Weekend $49.00

Cart fees (not included in membership) 9 holes $6.00 18 holes $ 12.00

In my opinion it is b/c if you play 30 rounds of golf in a year then you pay for your membership, so if you are an avid golfer then you would want to get the membership...this information is based on my course and of course the rates change at 3 and 5 for twilight.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18Β°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52Β°, 56Β°, 58Β° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

• Administrator

We get about 8 months of play per year. It's $3k. If you play three times per week, or 12 times per month, that's 96 rounds, which works out to about $31.25/round.

The best public facility around runs about $28/round... And believe me, I play more than 12 times per month.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do you guys with memberships ever get bored (for lack of a better term) playing the same course over and over? I've considered buying a membership to one specific course but I think I would get burned out on that course. I have a rotation of about 15 courses I play regularly and enjoy mixing it up. Maybe its just me????????????
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

I work at the course that i mentioned above...i have played there probably over 500 times in the last 4 or 5 years...probably more than that...and i haven't got bored yet because for me there is that drive to continually get better on it...it is also one of the hardest courses in the area so it helps me practice.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18Β°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52Β°, 56Β°, 58Β° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

.... Everyone is different .. I play at least 10/12 times a month .. but I would get bored playing the same course day after day...

My girlfriend and I pick a new course every week and we play that one on the weekends and see what the "real deal" is ... if we like it we add it to our "favorites list", if not, we we don't go back ....

It just seems to be more fun and more challenging to visit different area's and play different courses .. I also feel you get a lot more game improvement out of it ..... but that's just me .....

whats in the bag.??

Driver: Tour Edge Jmax 460 Carbon with the Fuji Vista Pro 50 shaft.
Woods: only one left after switching to hybrids - Adams ST #7 22*.
Hybrids: Tour Edge 21*, 24*, 30*, 41* and the 50* Attack Wedge with the Fuji graphite R shafts.
Wedges: Warrior 56*, 60*, 64* with the Harrison Shafts.
Putter: Ping Anser 2F.
Balls: Dunlop Super Loco, Maxfli Noodles - or any "good" ball when it goes on sale ...

Home course: Grey Hawk.
travel course: Tobacco Road (Pinehurst).

Whats in the bag.?

Driver: Tour Edge 10* Jmax 460 Carbon with the Fuji Vista Pro 50 shaft/and, the Burrows 10.5* MAC 421cc with the Grafalloy Pro Launch 55 shaft.
Woods: only one left after switching to hybrids - Adams ST #7 22*.
Hybrids: Tour Edge 20*, 24*, 30*, 36*, 41* and the 50* Attack Wedge...

28.00 for 9 on a weekend and you must take a cart. That settles it I'm getting a membership

4 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(21*)5-PW-Wilson fat shaft52-56-68 Degree wedges- Wilson HarmonizedPutter- Top Flite Mallet

you dont understand i didnt want a cart they made me take and pay for one

Obvisously depends on the monthly fee, but at my club, it would take at least 4 rounds per month to breakeven.

Yeah it can be boring at times. Especially with the fact that my course is only nine holes. But in reality, it's gonna take a lot for golf to bore me as of now.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Good thread, I wonder what private memberships cost. Not that I would ever go that route because I couldnt afford it, but just for general knowledge I wonder what the average country club costs. I know there has to be a base amount spent on food and pro-shop purchases either per year or per month. But say someone wanted to join an average private country club, what would they have to come out of pocket with immediately to do so.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

• Administrator
Good thread, I wonder what private memberships cost. Not that I would ever go that route because I couldnt afford it, but just for general knowledge I wonder what the average country club costs. I know there has to be a base amount spent on food and pro-shop purchases either per year or per month. But say someone wanted to join an average private country club, what would they have to come out of pocket with immediately to do so.

Muirfield Village: $120k initiation, $8k yearly.

My country club: $500 initiation, $4k yearly. Guess which has an older (thus dying) membership base and less potential new members to draw from and which is in an area with relatively low cost of living?

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Im guessing the answer to your first question is Muirfield Village and the answer to your second question is Lake View
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I do get bored, but courses in my area are stinkin' expensive. shitty semi' I belong to is the best deal within 50 miles from my house (avg. cost per round: $35.00). With 3K fees (no strings attached) I can allow myself to play other places, at least once a month...

the one i am looking at for next year is 1,150 with no initiation. The greens fees on the weekend are 30 or 44 with a cart. Also no monthly food bills or proshop, plus free use of the range and a locker. And 10% discount on food and guest dicounts on greens fees

• Administrator
Im guessing the answer to your first question is Muirfield Village and the answer to your second question is Lake View

No, there was only one question, and the answer to it was my course. In other words, initiation ranges from $120,000 to $500 (or $0) just between these two clubs. The point being: who cares what the average is? It depends on where you live, what club you want to join, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Some of the local publics have tee time memberships for a foursome as well. You buy the same weekend time every week from May to Oct., with the ability to play during the week at a discount. That would get fairly boring after a short time. For Private Club Memberships, I think that has an advantage due to the varying 'Reciprocal' deals you can get with other CC's. An introduction letter from the pro can go a long way to get you into many different clubs.

Note:Β This thread is 5532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!