IGNORED

No wonder im marrying her...

ApocG10
Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The fiance knows I wanted to take the Canadian Golf Academies 3 day instruction course. We bought a house this winter, so I havent mentioned, because while were not poor, we spend far more money on me and my hobbies than we do on her (she really doesnt have any besides the gym, which I do to), and I feel selfish when i spend a bunch of money on something that only benefits me. (though I did by her a Misubishi Lancer for x-mas)

Anyway, I went to the mail today, and there was a package in my name from the Golf Academy in Prince Edward Island. I ordered an information package from them last year, and I figured they had sent me another one. I opened it to find that she booked the three day course for me while were in PEI at her parents this summer for 9 days, over my birthday.

Im sure I wasnt supposed to find out this early, so im going to put it in a big brown envelop and print off their logo in the upper left hand corner, and an address label for us in the center. I really dont want her to know, because I know it should have been a suprise.

But I cant wait!

I love her, she's a sweetheart!

Oh, this is the rundown of the school.

Three Day Golf School

21 hours of instruction / play focusing on:
Full Swing / Pitching / Chipping / Sand Play / Putting / Specialty Shots / Psychology of Golf
Club Fitting Seminar / Playing skills / How to practice
On-course Coaching

Included With Three Day Golf School Package:
Video swing analysis and pictures of your swing sequence
Daily complimentary lunch service
Maximum of 4:1 student to coach ratio
Student’s gift package including a personalized learning manual
18 hole round with Cart after each day is finished

Price: $775.00

I know this school did a ton for my friends game last summer. He averaged 7-9 strokes less per round last year after he finished. I cant wait!

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Now that's just cool.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

that's a keeper right there.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

thats an awesome well thought out gift. Most wives or girlfriends buy their significant others at best a golf club or round.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

Very cool!

Congratulations on the school and finding the right girl!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hate to be the bearer of bad news and I certainly hope the same thing doesn't happen to you, but my wife bought me a golf vacation in Hilton Head for Christmas the year we got married.

This is the same woman that the mere mention of golf now sends her into tirades of verbal expletives equaled only by sailors in foul moods. So good luck, thats how they suck you in. In 10 years you'll be wondering where that woman went.

The good new is then after 25 years of marriage they will again do anything just to get you out of the house.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I hate to be the bearer of bad news and I certainly hope the same thing doesn't happen to you, but my wife bought me a golf vacation in Hilton Head for Christmas the year we got married.

Hahaha. She plays too. Not a ton, but she plays. So maybe it wont be so bad.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Does she have any sisters ?

And she golfs ?! I think I'm in love with her also.

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

good thing you already put a ring on her finger ...don't want to lose that one

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

I wish I could find a girl like that. A lot of people say they don't ever want their wife/gf to like golf under any circumstance, but I beg to differ. I think it would be awesome, I've always like the ones who were sports nuts and such the best.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I wish I could find a girl like that. A lot of people say they don't ever want their wife/gf to like golf under any circumstance,

They married the wrong women

She's been my best friend for 7 years now. She plays hockey and pitches in her womens softball league too. Did I mention she's gorgeous? hehe. Ill stop there before your all at my doorstep.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

• Administrator

Yeah, but I'm guessing she's also Canadian, so... that kind of evens things out, right?

Just jokin' with ya. I can see Canada from my house. I've got no beef with Canadians, and wish more U.S. folks cared about hockey half as much as Canadians do. My wife's getting into golf too, and has never given me too much grief over how much I play.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well congrats on the engagement and the gift. I hope you have a blast with both!

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

That is very cool!!! Sounds like you have found a good companion.

My wife has been ok with my growing golf habbit. When I first started playing a couple years ago she kind of got upset at times. Even though this year I have been playing and practicing a alot more than I have in the past she has been pretty good about me going. Part of it I think has been that my 6 year old daughter has been getting into golf and she is always telling Mom how much fun she has golfing with Dad. I have tried to get my wife interested in it and have told her i would buy her clubs and everything but she says no. She likes hunting and fishing with me but she has no interest in golf.

Mark

My pathetic bag that will hopefully be updated by next Spring.
5 Wood: Palm Springs
3-P Irons: Palm Springs
56deg Sand Wedge: Upswing Golf
58/10 Lob Wedge: Nike Victory Red Putter: Odyssey two ball putter srt Ball: Top Flight D2 Feel

Yeah, but I'm guessing she's also Canadian, so... that kind of evens things out, right?

Hahahahahahaha.

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

Just jokin' with ya. I can see Canada from my house. I've got no beef with Canadians, and wish more U.S. folks cared about hockey half as much as Canadians do.

If everyone played Hockey, all would be right with the world. Eh?

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

• Administrator
If everyone played Hockey, all would be right with the world. Eh?

And when things went wrong, one side would just put an enforcer in play and things would settle down. Or one guy would lose a tooth.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You sound like me and my husband - best friends - best golf buddies. So cool!

Now...how do you top that gift with her? ;)

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!