IGNORED

how accurate are you with your clubs?

anthonykim3
Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

we have all these multiple threads about distance now lets see accuracy since we all hit it 300+ i'll start for driver put fairways hit percentage and irons and woods put how many times out of ten would you hit the green from it's yardage
driver 58% but the misses are both sides not good
3 wood 20% from 230
3 hybrid 40% from 210
4 iron 35% from 190
5 iron 50% from 180 love that club
6 iron 50% from 170
7 iron 55% from 160
8 iron 60% from 150
9 iron 60% from 140
pw 70% honestly it my money club
gw 60% from 120
sw 65% wish it was 100%
lw 70% from 98 yards
some people may call bs but my irons are money for me and when i play good i normally am all over the flags. and don't start anything over the yardage part i only made it so if your honest and your 150 club is a 6 then we will no why you hit your six so accurately .

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Driver - 20%, that's my FWY average too. my misses are usually over shooting the fairway (if it slightly doglegs) or off by about 10yds right
3wood - 2% from 230
Hybrid - 10% from 200
5iron - 30%
6iron - 30%
7iron - 40-50%
8iron - 50%
9rion - 60%from 140-150
PW - 70% from 120-140
SW - 90%
LW - 90%

Usually when I hit my SW or LW it's because i duffed one of my other irons so i'm left with between 80-110yds or so. But those high %'s don't mean I'm exactly within 5ft of the flag either :)

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

I dont know exact numbers, but id say with 7i and under i hit the green about 75% of the time. Where they end up on the green in relation to the hole is another story...lol.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Not enough. I hit about 35% of greens.

5w-3I about 15%
4I-6I about 30%
7I 35%
8-P 60%
sw-lw 90%

These are from the fairway.

My iron play I would classify as a weakness.

Brian

we have all these multiple threads about distance now lets see accuracy since we all hit it 300+

If we pull your 3 wood out of the equation because you're likely not hitting it into too many par 4's, it looks like your overall accuracy is well over 50%. Are you really hitting over 50% GIR? That's pretty strong.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If we pull your 3 wood out of the equation because you're likely not hitting it into too many par 4's, it looks like your overall accuracy is well over 50%. Are you really hitting over 50% GIR?

If you assume he's talking about percentages from the fairway, then he's not claiming 50% GIR. He's claiming about 0.58 * 0.5, or about 30% GIR. That's 58% fairways, and about 50% of those 58% of shots from the fairway hitting the green. I'm assuming an equal number of shots from say the 4 to the 8 iron as second shots. If there's m ore 9 and PW 2nd shots, then he's claiming maybe 35%+ GIR.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

driver - 85-90%
3 hybrid - 65 %
4 hybrid or 4 iron depending on the wind...65-70%
5, 6, & 7 iron 75 %
8 & 9 iron 85 %
wedges - 90 - 95 %

so far this year I am averaging close to 90 % for my GIR. (around 16 greens per round)

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

If you assume he's talking about percentages from the fairway, then he's not claiming 50% GIR. He's claiming about 0.58 * 0.5, or about 30% GIR. That's 58% fairways, and about 50% of those 58% of shots from the fairway hitting the green. I'm assuming an equal number of shots from say the 4 to the 8 iron as second shots. If there's m ore 9 and PW 2nd shots, then he's claiming maybe 35%+ GIR.

Why would you assume that? He specifically said, what % of the time do you hit the green with the club in question. He never indicated that the question was only to apply when it's being hit from the fairway.......nor would I expect it to. Accuracy applies from the rough too.

In David's bag....

so far this year I am averaging close to 90 % for my GIR. (around 16 greens per round)

That's why you're a +4 and I'm struggling to get back under 5!

BTW......50% GIR is my key to getting back there.

In David's bag....

5 iron 50% from 180 love that club

I'm not sure why you think anyone would be calling BS on these figures.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

don't worry i no i am not that good see mini moe's averages but dave in fl are ready asked are you sure these is correct and to be honest it is probably pretty darn close so far this year i have averaged 61.3% gir it will probably go lower after the season is close to the end but i mean i didn't caculated it for each club or keep track of how many times i hit a green with a club i was guessing so yeah so far i am at 61% in gir but thats four rounds and don't worry in no way did i take this offensive i just thought i would explain the high number's

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

i've only tried the 10-ball accuracy routine once so far this season, and then only from two distances.

6-iron from 155 yards: 40%

:( this is what keeps my handicap high - my approach shots from 150+ only find GIRs half the time at best.

but a more positive number: pitching wedge from 100 yards: 70%

for my 81 holes this year my GIR is at 14.8 %
GIR +1 is at: 51.8%

3w, 5w, 3i, 4i: 5i: 1%
6i: 0%: tried to hit the green once this year with it and hooked it 30 yards left
7i: 20%: one GIR was a 7i that was hit really thin bounced over the front bunker and wound up pin high on the green
8i: 33%
9i: 44%
pw: 50%: I just keep hitting it too far
gw: 50%: I think the real % is higher, but I think with more shots it would be 50/50
sw: no chance in Hell, my other clubs actually booed me when I brought out this club for a 60 yard shot yesterday, I knocked it over the green

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

mostly about 10%..its the placement that gets me....

I was out to dark tonight hitting my 7 iron (which I missed a simple 3 par yesterday)

driver - 85-90%

that is beyond impressive.

I hit around 7-9 out of 14 fairways but I only hit driver about half the time. If it's under 410 and/or tight I'll go with 3 iron which I put in the fairway 75% of the time. Regardless of fairway or not I hit around 10-12 greens on average but this number has been increasing as I get more playing time this year. My 100 yard game has come around slowly so I'm hitting the green about 50% of the time from there, it's the clear weakness in my game right now which is sad because I am frequently in that range on my approach shots (because I actually do hit my driver around 300). Generally if I've got a 7 iron (175ish) or shorter in my hands I feel comfortable and will hit the green 50-60% of the time. But I need to get the 100 yard game to be inside 20 feet 80% of the time or more if I want to get back down to scratch. Yesterday I had a totally unacceptable run of 3 straight bogeys ALL from the fairway inside 100 yards missing the green all three times. That stretch was the difference between my goal of 75 and a middling score of 79.

Driver - TaylorMade R7 425
3-Wood - Callaway Original Steelhead
Irons - Ben Hogan 3-PW Apex FTX, Rifle 6.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52, 56, and 60
Putter - Scotty 2004 Newport Beach 1.5

anything over 150 out im pretty much praying...
anything 120-130 in im pretty money...
so stick a wedge/short iron in my hand and i have alot of confidence...
mid irons and longer... id have to say less than 50% so its a coin toss
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!