IGNORED

Question for scratch golfers

laxbballgolf
Note: This thread is 4420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm one of the "weekend warriors" that made it to 0.0 for exactly one revision. I'm now back up to a 3.2 mostly due to having my first child and being away from the game (6 total posted rounds last year...), but am starting to get back into the groove of things.

When I made it to scratch I was playing once or twice a week, mostly in men's club tournaments with some local events and state events and even a couple USGA qualifiers thrown in. I would go out on my lunch break to chip, putt and hit balls. The week of a tournament I would go out and hit balls after work as well.

It took me 14 years of playing golf to get to scratch...from beginner to 0.0. I'm now 17 years in and really wish I played tournament golf the entirety of my "career".

Anyway...that's my $0.02...

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

I started playing golf when I was 11 and I got to scratch last year at 17. I only have from around May to mid October to actually play on the golf course but I play and practice everyday most of the day during that time. All I need is a bed in the back shop and I'd be set haha.

Play, practice, practice, practice. Repeat.

Pro-V1

910 D3 9.5*

910 4 Wood 17*

KZG Tour Evolution Irons 3-P

KZG TRS Wedges 50*, 54*, 58*

Newport 2 (34 1/2")

Don't let anyone kid ya....it takes a lot of play to get there.

That final 0.0 revision may finally happen while playing only weekends.........but it took a hell of a lot of play to get down to that level in the first place.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Started playing just over 4 years ago, got to a 2.8 handicap December 2010. So it was about 3 years. Barely play/practice once a week these days. Engineering is pretty friggin hard to study lol.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Been playing around 10 years and it took me my third year of Uni playing at least 3 times a week to get down to 4. Unless you're like bubba then you'll have to be playing a lot. Nobody plays the same game, so it's up to you to develop your own game.

Note: This thread is 4420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!