IGNORED

What golf ball to use?

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Durability between the E5+ and the Gamer?.......I'd have to say the E5+ seemed to do a bit better in this category. I found myself picking "hanging chads" off the cover on the Gamer sometimes.

Thanks for the responce. I get what you mean about the "hanging chads". Those always show up on the HX Hot Bite. ALWAYS.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the e5+ is more durable. Still, the Gamer is my choice of the two.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

Taylormade TP Red or Black depending on what type of course im playing. Gained a few yards of distance off of my driver and they seem to spin fairly well.

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 9*
3 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 13* 5 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 19*
Irons: cleveland.gif CG1 Black Pearl 3-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gif CG12 Black Pearl 52 & 58 Degree     Putter: cameron.gif California Coronado
http://twitter.com/BFlynn23

Good post.

E5+ is definitely more durable; I found the Gamer cover shredded very easily. I found the Gamer a bit too 'clicky' or hard off the putter and for chipping as well; it's very good for longer stuff though. Great price though.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just switched from Pro V1 to Bridgestone's 330RX. My reason for switching is that I was looking for a lower compression ball, with good stopping power on the green. The 330rx is designed for my average speed of 87-97 mph, and still have good short iron spin.

As a result of my switch, I have been hitting the driver long-outdistancing decent players half my age-about 240-250 if I hit it on the sweet spot.

Green stopping power is great. Anything from 90 yards stops in the center of the green.

Prices for a 12 new 330rx- about $45. Way too much for me. So I get mine used from LOSTGOLFBALLS.com. I get the triple AAA at a dozen for 19.00.

Good luck!

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

I buy the Pro v1 practice. They are between 25 and 30. I haven't noticed anything too wrong with them. They are the defects of the pro v1 but say it is cosmetic. It is often hard to find it. I have not noticed anything unusual.

Also look on ebay for the 2008 pro v1. I got a box of x's new for 30 dollars.

IMO, there is no ball that compares. Maybe it is like the scotty cameron thing but I feel so much more confident with the number one ball in golf. I have played the other premium balls and I would not even consider buying another ball.

Brian

I just switched from Pro V1 to Bridgestone's 330RX. My reason for switching is that I was looking for a lower compression ball, with good stopping power on the green. The 330rx is designed for my average speed of 87-97 mph, and still have good short iron spin.

That LOSTGOLFBALLS.com web site is awsome. I just checked it out and they have pretty good prices. Thanks!

Just ordered 4 dozen e6+ from Lostgolfballs.com

What a great site. Thanks for posting it

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Im struggling what ball to use, I cant afford premium golf balls all the time so im looking for a $30 (£20 to me) golf ball that gives a lot of spin but goes a good distance aswell.

In the winter I like the Bridgestone e6+. The rest of the time I go for whatever tour level ball I can get the best buy on. If I pay full price I'll opt for the B330s.

i like that taylormade tp black

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

Vapors are great you should try them. They do scuff kinda easy though

Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner TP w/ Matrix Ozik shaft
3 Wood: Tayormade 07 Burner 15 Graphite
7 Wood: Taylormade Series 200 Steel
Irons: Titleist AP1 3-PW
SW- 58* Cleveland Reg. 588LW- 60.04* Vokey Spin Milled Black NickelPutter- Odyssey White Hot XG #9

Im using Top Flite XL5000's for most rounds. I've got 2 boxes of Pro V1's free when I bought my Irons. I'm yet to try them. Im not a fan of losing 5$ balls.

Maybe ill try them out before our club championship.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I tried the taylormade tp red today for the first time. I was very impressed, it was good for the short game, durable and soft off the putter. I felt it was a little shorter than some other premium balls but not enough to be a real concern.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I tried the taylormade tp red today for the first time. I was very impressed, it was good for the short game, durable and soft off the putter. I felt it was a little shorter than some other premium balls but not enough to be a real concern.

I just was given a dozen of these. Can't wait to use them and didnt realize until doing research, that they are a 4 piece ball. Nuts.

How was it hitting irons? What was ur favorite and least fav thing about them?

Very interesting thread. I did a little bit of research during my first full round of '09.

Tested the Z-Star, e6, b330-rx, and the dt solo (which is now hard to find I guess).

In any event, for my game, it made no difference whatsoever. The Z-Star felt a touch firmer off the putter, but otherwise I couldn't tell the difference between any of them.

In addition, I was not able to get any spin on my short irons. (Probably because I don't have a great swing, but the only time I remember getting spin on a short iron is with a Pro-V1x.)

In any event, here's my question. I have:
> lower/average trajectory off the driver. A good drive for me is around 250.
> Irons, don't hit them very long, but have a high ball flight. I get no/little spin at all.
> I want to hit the ball straight (hence why I wanted to try the e6). But I don't have a bad hook or slice.

Setting aside the fact that I need some lessons to improve, is there actually a ball out there that could help? I have not bought a high spin ball because I'm worried it will enhance a hook or slice shot. Is this thinking wrong?

Might give the e7 a shot to lower the trajectory on my irons, but what will that do to my driver? My swing speed is around 90.

Decisions, decisions....

Thanks for any feedback!

TW

In any event, here's my question. I have:

What is the angle of your driver? This also affect your flight trajectory. Depending on you swing speed, a 9.5 might not be a good driver for you. Also consider that balls spin will happen, even if you skull a shot, it is simply not the desired spin. as for a ball that does nost spin, my guess would be that it would be counter productive. In my case, I look look for mid to low spinners of the driver, and high spinners with irons. I have not tried the Nike Ignite yet, this is something I hear they are good at.

Right now I am using Srixon Tri-speed, and I am getting the results that I was looking for. I have significantly reduced the severity of my slice (althought some time spent at the driving rage also helped there), and I am getting some really good spin of my short irons, and good bite when using the SM Vokey wedges. As for putting, I like the roll on the Tri-Speed better than on the Titliest DT roll or the Slazenger Raw distance that I had. I practiced at home, puting a limitting distance to my putt (as to try to be consistent with the putts) and in 3/4 cases the Tri-Speed went further. You can hear it when it rolls...(it was on a hard surface). I do beleive that the ball makes a difference. You don't have to be a pro to take benefit from them. I say that because I saw an improvement on my game when "I Switched" to Srixon from Slazengers.
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

I have a 10.5* tour burner so I think I have a quality club.

Might give the e7 a try. Perhaps I can get a bit more distance by lowering my iron trajectory a bit, but we'll have to see how I like it with the putter.

TW

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!