Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jewestcoast

Need some serious help here! Possible fake Cameron

16 posts in this topic

Wow. I just feel sick to my stomach. In my haste I bought a Scotty Cameron putter from a guy on Criagslist for $200.00 used. It is a Studio Select Newport 2 and is almost flawless...except for this:
I thought I was a pretty good judge of fakes but on the way home I stopped at Golf Galaxy and looked at a few; the serial number on mine looks different. It is directly under the crown on the front, (not the back), and the numbers appear to be bigger than the ones at Golf Galaxy. It is my presumption I just bought a fake.

Any help would be swell, I just feel ill right now. Does the magnet test work or is there anything else I should be doing to authenticate it? That is other than paying $60.00 to Scotty Cameron to tell me it is probably not real.

Thanks!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Call the company and they should be able to tell you if the serial number is real. There is a chance they made clones, meaning fakes using a real serial number.

Login to TheCameronCollector.com and ask around there. You will get some fast feedback from folks that know how you feel.....been there....done that....type feedback.

Good luck.

On the Scotty Website there's a registry authentication... does that not work?

*blinks* wow thats a new one...

I think we need that as a new smiley. Also, an edit version about video of your swing.

On the Scotty Website there's a registry authentication... does that not work?

That's for authenticated putters/headcovers/etc.

Wow. I just feel sick to my stomach. In my haste I bought a Scotty Cameron putter from a guy on Criagslist for $200.00 used. It is a Studio Select Newport 2 and is almost flawless...except for this:

Yes. Magnet test works pretty well. If it sticks...bad news for ya.

I will try to upload some pictures....first time so it might not work.
My main concern is the position of the serial number; it is on the front of the putter, not the reverse and the numbering appears bigger than the ones I viewed at the store.
Thanks again for the input.

It didn't by chance have plastic wrap on the head when you got it, did it? If so, that's a dead giveaway.

The fact that you said it's "almost flawless" could be a hint, if you meant that it has some blemishes, because they don't release blemished products. If you meant the condition, then disregard that.

Trust me, I feel your pain. I traded a couple clubs a while back to someone for a fake Scotty on craigslist and then the punk kid dissapeared.

So frustrating. I was boiling for a month.

I feel for you my friend. I know alot of people who got "taken" by people on Craigslist. Well try everything that everyone has listed. Hopefully you will have some answers soon.

Where you able to resolve the issue? Anyone know if the serial number placement was changed over the years?

Not sure what the hold up is man. Just email SC with pics of the putter.

i am sorry to say but i just looked at my sc compared to the pics and the number does look darker on yours .. i would email the pics to sc

I checked my Cameron and the serial number is beneath the grip on the bottom of the shaft, i.e. you can't see it from the playing position... my dad's Cameron is the same, he has a Fastback model... Don't have any experience with craigslist, is there any legal action you can take against the seller if it is indeed a fake? Hate that you had a bad experience, hopefully things will get worked out

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Played better at Western Gailes yesterday and loved the course - very welcoming and had me thinking much more than Turnberry did as the greens were smaller with danger pretty much everywhere. I started out brilliantly, playing the first 4 in -1, but then turned into the wind - into and off the right - and immediately lost a ball playing for too much wind on the hardest hole, which I'd have bogeyed anyway. Putting again wasn't as good as it has been and I just haven't felt like I'm going to hole anything outside of 6 feet. Highlights were the first four holes, particularly feeling like DJ or Rory on the 4th, a good par on 7 (see below) and a good last four holes - bar another lost ball on 18...  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1072354 My par on the 7th - only swing I recorded was a really nice punch 5 iron from 170 into a strong breeze: 3rd tee: 'Secret' 6th green: Looking back on the 13th green: I get a few days' rest now before my last couple of rounds, both at Machrihanish Dunes. I've learnt a lot about my game playing these two rounds that I hadn't known beforehand. I find it really hard when I don't know the line and have to guess and commit to the shot far less. If I can see it though, it's generally fine. I need to sort the driving in the wind out as there's just no room for error - a slight mishit and a ball that would be safe is gone. Additionally, particularly at Turnberry, I need to stop overthinking things. Occasionally I'd find myself trying to hit a 7 iron with the ball miles back in my stance to deloft it, aiming way left to compensate and just should have hit what I felt comfortable with and taken the hit with the wind. My putting has to get better as well, particularly from range. So much fun though and I will definitely play Western Gailes again (probably more of a certainty than Turnberry) - I loved the course and the welcome you get was amazing.
    • Played better at Western Gailes yesterday and loved the course - very welcoming and had me thinking much more than Turnberry did as the greens were smaller with danger pretty much everywhere. The main thing I've taken away from this trip though is that I need to control my driver in the wind better. A lot of times, it was definitely the play and my second shot was excellent, but I lost too many going with the wind, which probably wouldn't have been too bad without it. Partial wedges were really good again and approach play was generally alright. I started out brilliantly, playing the first 4 in -1, but then turned into the wind - into and off the right - and immediately lost a ball playing for too much wind on the hardest hole, which I'd have bogeyed anyway. Putting again wasn't as good as it has been and I just haven't felt like I'm going to hole anything outside of 6 feet. Highlights were the first four holes, particularly feeling like DJ or Rory on the 4th, a good par on 7 (see below) and a good last four holes - bar another lost ball on 18...  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1072354 My par on the 7th - only swing I recorded was a really nice punch 5 iron from 170 into a strong breeze: 3rd tee: 'Secret' 6th green: Looking back on the 13th green: I get a few days' rest now before my last couple of rounds, both at Machrihanish Dunes. I've learnt a lot about my game playing these two rounds that I hadn't known beforehand. I find it really hard when I don't know the line and have to guess and commit to the shot far less. If I can see it though, it's generally fine. I need to sort the driving in the wind out as there's just no room for error - a slight mishit and a ball that would be safe is gone. Additionally, particularly at Turnberry, I need to stop overthinking things. Occasionally I'd find myself trying to hit a 7 iron with the ball miles back in my stance to deloft it, aiming way left to compensate and just should have hit what I felt comfortable with and taken the hit with the wind. My putting has to get better as well, particularly from range. So much fun though and I will definitely play Western Gailes again (probably more of a certainty than Turnberry) - I loved the course and the welcome you get was amazing.
    • Lake Mead. It's down 150' +/-, and still losing about 5' every year. 
    • Well the head of the pros looks quite steady in the horizontal movement. I just want to emphasize that swing in a barrel and steady head can harm your swing especially if your swing is already good. 
    • Sounds similar, I have never heard any one with this swing thought just hope it's not a one time fluke.It makes sense though if your belly button follows your club head all the way back and through with arms connected to body you can't get ahead or behind with your swing , if  that make sense , don't have to think of anything else it just happens naturally perfect rythem  and a nice draw I also visualize the swing path and try to keep club head on that path
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. Erg
      Erg
      (49 years old)
    2. irishmike27
      irishmike27
      (37 years old)
    3. Tutenharman
      Tutenharman
      (27 years old)