IGNORED

Who Owns a Firearm?

Beretta_Shooter
Note: This thread is 995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a firearm?

• yep!
    • nope!
    • I want to but don't yet!
    • I have no interest in owning a firearm.

I live in the UK. Guns are illegal here. We write stern letters instead! Just the other day I wrote a stern letter to council about the appaling colour they have chosen to paint the lamp posts in the town centre.

Booyah! Take that USA.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I own several.  I usually just carry one at a time, though .  I'd say my most prized possession is my CMP SA Garand.  The "ping" it makes is so much cooler than this , lol.

Sasquatch Tour Bag | '09 Burner driver, 10.5* | Speedline F10 3W | Mashie 3H | Viper MS irons, 4-SW | CG15 60* | White Hot XG #7

Originally Posted by mdl

+1 on the wife retort.

As to the daily carry, isn't that just stressful?  I feel like if I was carrying a firearm all the time I'd spend every moment sizing everyone up and wondering if they might do something that would obligate me to at least draw my weapon, if not use it.  Given I don't live in gang territory or anything, personally that kind of mental stress seems like a higher cost than it's worth.  Just ask cause I'm interested.  Not some leading question trying to pick an internet fight or anything.

I'm not sure why it would be stressful. Carry a gun all the time. A lot of folks here in AZ carry. Like carrying a wallet. Not carrying a gun would have me worrying about 'sizing everyone up' as I would have no way to defend myself.

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Originally Posted by wmiller

I'm not sure why it would be stressful. Carry a gun all the time. A lot of folks here in AZ carry. Like carrying a wallet. Not carrying a gun would have me worrying about 'sizing everyone up' as I would have no way to defend myself.

I was just going to post the same thing.  I've been carrying practically daily for well over a decade.  It's just like carrying my wallet, or cell phone, or a ball cap.  I feel awkward without any of them in my possession since I am use to having them on me all the time.

I own a 6.5mm Carcano custom rifle rimmed down to fit a 6mm projectile. Second most accurate rifle he has ever made ( after his own custom .223 )

All built by my now retired father who owned True Flite Rifle Barrels before selling the business to a couple of his friends and retiring

http://www.truefliteriflebarrels.co.nz/4598.html

I will NEVER buy another off the shelf rifle again - they can not compete.

Luckily I come from a country where a gun is only required when hunting or target shooting.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Beretta 92FS 9mm. This one is more collector.  Rarely shoot this one.  Finish is Black Chrome.

S&W; .38 6 inch barrel Police Revolver

S&W; 9mm 459

Springfield Armory .45 M1911

I love my .45.  Best no nonsense single action pistol around.  But my .38 is fun to shoot with as well.  Keep the S&W; 9mm around me though b/c it's compact.

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

• 2 weeks later...

break into my house and find out

all the info you need

Wilson FG Tour 4-SW

Alpha Driver

Adams Speedline 3W
Oddessy #9 Putter

Bridgestone B330-S

wmiller, a majority (Australians) don't really get the relationship people in the US have with guns, the pros/cons have been done ad infinitum in another thread I saw.

When you say you carry, in summer in Arizona and you are wearing shorts and a t-shirt, where is you gun? Is it on your belt out in the open or does it have to be concealed under your shirt (even though everyone would know what the bulge on your hip is)

I have a Walther PPKS that fits nicely on my belt in a lay-down position (barrel parallel to my belt). T-shirt covers it fine, and on my frame (6'3" 250lbs) it is barely noticeable.

We have laws allowing open carry which means literally, you can just wear it out in the open. I conceal it (I have the permit) so it doesn't draw attention and scare the Snow Birds who are oftentimes from big cities with very strict gun laws. After a recent law change, you only need a concealed carry permit to carry where alcohol is served.

Don't want to startle the sheeple...  ;)

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I dont carry a weapon, but have no problem with those that do.

I dont because I have a long fuse, but when I snap, it's bad. I'm not saying that I would do something wrong, but I would rather not find out.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a Walther PPKS that fits nicely on my belt in a lay-down position (barrel parallel to my belt). T-shirt covers it fine, and on my frame (6'3" 250lbs) it is barely noticeable.

We have laws allowing open carry which means literally, you can just wear it out in the open. I conceal it (I have the permit) so it doesn't draw attention and scare the Snow Birds who are oftentimes from big cities with very strict gun laws. After a recent law change, you only need a concealed carry permit to carry where alcohol is served.

Don't want to startle the sheeple...  ;)

Thanks for the answer. Being about the same dimensions, can understand the barely noticeable:)

I have a few.  Carry a handgun and rifle at work.  Love shooting them, and always carry.  Never know when an idiot is going to decide your the next target.  Better to be the sheep dog than the sheep.  No "area" is perfectly safe.  Maybe just more expensive and cleaner, thats all.

My sticks:

Ping I15 irons

Ping G5 hybrid

Ping K15 3 wood

Ping G15 driver

Odyssey Whitice Sabertooth putter with extra large Winn grip

I have several handguns, and have a concealed carry license, but don't carry.  I do take one on road trips, however.  I also have several shotguns (prefer pumps, but have one automatic).  I enjoy going to the pistol range, but also really like trap and skeet.

• 2 weeks later...

i own several...will be purchasing more soon.

people who think that guns CAUSE violence are foolish, misguided, and quite gullible.  if guns CAUSE murders, then cars CAUSE drunk driving accidents, right?  anytime someone tells me that we would be safer if we outlawed guns, i always say "yeah, then we could be like new york/chicago/los angeles/washington DC...where there is NO CRIME"

riiiiiight

Nike Covert 2.0 driver with Kuro Kage

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Nike VRS Forged irons 5i-GW

Callaway Forged Wedge 56deg

Callaway X-Forged Wedge 60deg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9 putter
2015 Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag

and at the risk of hijacking the thread, do any of you guys/gals carry while you golf?  i am considering a pocket pistol purchase soon because carrying a full-size semi-auto is a bit difficult in my current golf attire

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Originally Posted by indykappa

and at the risk of hijacking the thread, do any of you guys/gals carry while you golf?  i am considering a pocket pistol purchase soon because carrying a full-size semi-auto is a bit difficult in my current golf attire

Before, after, but not during.  I don't even carry my wallet when I golf.  Then again, I carry a commander-sized 1911.  Something like a Ruger LCP could probably be pocket carried in some lose golf shorts or slacks pretty easily.

Sasquatch Tour Bag | '09 Burner driver, 10.5* | Speedline F10 3W | Mashie 3H | Viper MS irons, 4-SW | CG15 60* | White Hot XG #7

Originally Posted by ochmude

Before, after, but not during.  I don't even carry my wallet when I golf.  Then again, I carry a commander-sized 1911.  Something like a Ruger LCP could probably be pocket carried in some lose golf shorts or slacks pretty easily.

the ruger LCP is exactly what i was considering

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Note: This thread is 995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!