IGNORED

Hello from Maryland - New Golfer

Alley Cat
Note: This thread is 5476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a new golfer at ripe old age of 32. I had only played about 18 total holes in my life up until two weeks ago. I got a little starter set of Walter Hagen T3's from Dick's Sporting Goods and then my car insurance company sent me a refund check which I promptly used for a Cleveland HiBore XLS Monster and a free Launcher Hybrid.

I've played 18 holes each of the last two weekends shooting a 117 and a 121 respectively. I'm a horrible putter, but managed to sink a 30 footer from the fringe in my first time out (for double bogey ) and made my 1st par last week. Weather permitting, I'm scheduled for another 18 this Sunday.

My only regret is that I waited this long to start playing, but I'm having a blast. I'm glad I found a good community here at the Sand Trap, it's been pretty informative already.

In my Org.14 Xtreme Cart Bag
Driver: G15 10.5* TFC 149D Reg Flex
3 Wood: G15
Hybrid: Diablo Edge 3i
Irons: Diablo Edge 52* and 56* Wedges: CG14 Chrome60* Wedge: CG15 ChromePutter: White Ice SabertoothBall: Assorted

Welcome to golf. Looks like you're well on your way to getting started.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

where are you from in maryland

In My Ping Hoofer 3 Team Bag:
Driver - R9 460 with Aldila ReAx 60 g
3 Wood - :titleist 909f2 with Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Hybrid - 585H 19 degree with Graphite Design YS 85
Irons - AP1 4-PW with TTDGHL S300 Wedges - Vokey SM Tour Chrome 54.11 & 58.08 Putter - Circa 62 No. 3 Ball - ProV1...

Note: This thread is 5476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!