IGNORED

Question

Note: This thread is 5438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

While i most certainly am not a nike fanboy it is obvious that the equipment isn't inferior if it is so widely used by other pros besides Tiger. If their equipment was so inferior why would people intentionally hinder themselves by playing it? It just comes down to the fact that choosing golf equipment is personal preference. Everyone has a brand they love and usually a brand they hate its just human nature.

Titleist 14 way stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3wood: Titleist 910f
hybrid: Ping I20
4-Gw: Ping I20

56 Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM4

60 Wedge: Cleveland CG10

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Fastback

You seem to have several 'inferior' clubs in your bag and obviously bought in to the 'marketing' hype. Do you think Phil is playing Callaways for free?

Na, I didn't buy into the marketing. I bought the blades and the bag at a significant discount.

I'm still waiting for the original poster to explain exactly how Nike drivers are so inferior???

They are inferior because they dont have the performance characteristics that other clubs have period. Also, no pros use them that aren't paid by them.

• Administrator
They are inferior because they dont have the performance characteristics that other clubs have period. Also, no pros use them that aren't paid by them.

It's been pointed out to you several times that Tiger Woods uses them, and he's not paid to play any specific clubs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

and how is that different than most of the other major oem's? plus, like iacas said, Tiger isnt paid to use Nike equipment (he's paid to wear their clothes)... do some research

Saw the thread, needed to post on it. I have the nike Sumo 5000 driver and I love it. I see nothing so different than other drivers I have purchased. I guess some people can't get over the fact that Nike has started making good equipment, 5 years ago you may have had an argument, but stop living in the past.
Da Bag

Driver Sumo 5000 9.5*
3 Wood Old School Supersteel, love it
Hybrid 3 FybridIrons tour burner 4-pwWedge 52*/58* Z wedgePutter White Hot XG #9Ball TP Red LDP

I LOVE my Nike Sumo driver. As stated earlier, the good shots with this driver are ridiculously long.

TaylorMade Tour Burner 08 9.5
Adams Tight Lies Strong 3
Titleist DCI962 3-PW
Vokey 52, 56, 60
Ping Anser 50th Anniversary

To each his own. I've never even tried a Nike because I don't like how they look. I've tried and owned several Callaway drivers also but never really liked them and obviously they make fine equipment. Also had an Intech Blue Thunder driver that was like 60 bucks new that I hit really well.

Whatever works.
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

The only problem I have with Nike Golf is that people just assume it is good. I have a buddy who is infatuated with nike balls and says they are the best, even though they could be like MoJos. It seems like they make some clubs that are strikingly similar to other manufacturers. (I've heard the TW VRs are made to the specs of Mizunos because that is what Tiger liked, but wanted to play the nike brand)

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I am not a Nike fan either but a lot of people I know use their drivers and hit them well, it works for them, which is more than i can say for some people who keep buying the latest models and just duck hooks the ball into ponds with them. Its still the person not the driver.

I personally don't like the look and color scheme of their driver which is a bit strange for me because I've been using peculiarly shaped drivers -hibore xl, mx 560, nickent square 3dx, mizuno mx-560 and my current driver. Hey, but that's just me.

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

• 3 weeks later...
I'll let you know in about a month - I just bought a Dymo Square 11.5 to replace my r7 425. I've owned three drivers in eight years - Nike 400 (pre Ignite, Sumo), r7 425, r7 SuperQuad (sold in 2 months). It will be an opinion of a 20-handicapper, but I'll post my feedback after getting some rounds in

After two rounds, I am loving the Dymo2 - it's straightened out my ball flight some, and it's definitely longer than my r7 425 - in yesterday's round (at my regular course), I was in places I've never been before (in a good way)!

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

I know the Nike driver I've played around was loud and had a weird sound that immediately turned me away. That said, they may not be the best but I wouldn't say they are bad quality. After all, they work ok for tiger!

Note: This thread is 5438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!