IGNORED

Golf Cart or Not?

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you use a Golf Cart or Walk when you go to the golf course

• I use a golf cart
    • I walk everywhere
    • Depends on the day
    • Other (If there is another factor you use)

Hey y'all,
I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone likes to do. I know there are some people that don't use a golf cart at all and others that only use golf carts when they go to the course.
Lets get a little discussion on if you want. I don't know if this has already been done or not so I just figured I would throw it out there.

HookEmHorns

In my 14 Xtreme bag:

Driver Burner 10.5*3 Wood Rawlings 15*5 Wood Ignite 19*Irons S2 Max 4-GWPutter Rossa Corza Ghost 35" Next to be replaced: 3 wood. All Rawlings junk has got to go. haha

If I wasn't all over the course I might walk,but until improvement happens i'm in a cart.

Drivers: Taylor Made Burner 9.5 draw stiff shaft.
Woods: Nike SQ 13* strong 3 wood Steel X-Stiff
Nike SQ 5 wood steel stiff.
Irons: Adams Insight Xtd's.
Putter: Odyssey SRT 2 ball, and White hot #1 Balls: Callaway tour IX, Noodle+,or Callaway Hot Plus or any premium ball.Driver...

I walk about 75% of the time and use a push cart (Clicgear 2.0). In previous years I have ridden about 90% of the time, but now only ride on courses that require it or have a lot of long walks or a lot of steep hills as I do not enjoy playing when I'm out of breathe all day.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I use a golf cart. At my home course it's really not an option. The distances from green to tee box are huge, some are as much as 200-300 yds apart. There's also a lot of pretty severe elevation changes that even the carts struggle to get up. I wouldn't want to walk the course even if I was in spectacular shape. The newest 9 holes of the club's 27 is also down the street a bit and across the road so I wouldn't want to make that hike either.

Thankfully, carts are included in the membership and with green fees so virtually everyone rides.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

If I wasn't all over the course I might walk,but until improvement happens i'm in a cart.

Hahaha Same here bro!

In my Org.14 Xtreme Cart Bag
Driver: G15 10.5* TFC 149D Reg Flex
3 Wood: G15
Hybrid: Diablo Edge 3i
Irons: Diablo Edge 52* and 56* Wedges: CG14 Chrome60* Wedge: CG15 ChromePutter: White Ice SabertoothBall: Assorted

100% cart. My home course and the others I play are all cart only. I am not saying that I would walk, but not being allowed to makes it easier to have a 4 wheeled beer holder.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll walk over riding any day with my Bag Boy Express 3 wheeler. I play much better when I walk also, none of that rushed feeling.

RZR Hawk 9.5

Diablo Tour 3W

RZR X Hybrid 21
09 X-Forged 4-P
X-Forged 52/56/60
Byron Morgan 007

if its nice out ill walk, but if its too hot or humid ill spring for the cart. i'll walk any day once i get a push cart.

My bag
R7 Draw Driver 9.0
Northwestern 3 wood
Texan 3/4 Hybrid 21 Degrees
Big Bertha 04 5-9 Irons Burner XD Wedges AW,SW,LW DFX 3300 Pro V1 & ProV1x Refurbs

I prefer to walk. I prefer the exercise and I feel that walking gives me time to think more between shots.
Unless the course has some rule that requires the use of a cart, I will walk.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I ride about 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time, I use my push cart. I never carry my clubs on the course. Haven't done that since my teen years. I play best when I use my push cart, and walk. Tend to take my time more. More time to assess the situation on the way to the ball.

A lot of vairables.

9 holes I'll walk usually.

18 depends on the course and how much time I have. Twilight trying to squeeze in 18,
I'll go for the cart. Flat course with a good layout, walk with a pull cart.

Weather is another factor, too wet for a cart - walk
Looks like rain, ride.

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

always walk, for as long as I am blessed to do so

Considering where I hit the ball, I need to look into a swamp buggy, mountain climbing equipment and a chainsaw.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I walk and carry 99% of the time. I've only taken a cart out once in my life. There's no courses where I live that are cart only or have any really long distances from green to tee so there's no barriers to walking and I like the exercise.

Until recently carts weren't available on my home course. Everyone walked, apart from a few infirm members who had a special dispensation to use a buggy. To date, on my home course I have always walked and carried. I kind of like the exercise, but I don't think it helps my golf.

Occasionally on other courses, and when playing in a group, I've used carts when others have - particularly if playing 27 or 36 holes on the day.

I've just bought myself a push trolley. Next time out I'm going to use that and see if it helps my game. I think I'm middle aged now.....

In the bag:

Driver: 975D 10.5° True Temper EI-70 Stiff (Alternate 8.5° Titleist Stiff Graphite Shaft)
Fairway Woods: 975F (2 From) 14.5°, 18.5° True Temper EI-70 Stiff, 20.5° Titleist Stiff Graphite Shaft
3Iron-PW: S58 Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsGap Wedge: Tour-W 54/10 Nickel...

I walk during the week and ride on the weekends when it's busier and required.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!