IGNORED

My indoor hitting bay

Mallet
Note: This thread is 5259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There seems to be a lot of talk about simulators and launch monitors to use in the winter for game improvement. Is the p3swing the best for the money? I haveheard about bending shafts over time and accuracy not there. Other people suggest getting a launch monitor because the p3swing doesnt have that capibility to measure spin and launch. I have 2k to spend and am stuck. The vectorpro can do much of this but the p3swing looks to have more fun stuff?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only owned the p3proswing for a few months but I can't ever see myself playing simulator golf on it or using anything but the driving range feature. Plus I really (really really) hate hitting off the p3proswing unit itelf and would much prefer to be able to hit directly off a mat.

If it weren't for price, the Vector Pro would be an obvious choice for me over the p3proswing. However, I think the Vector Pro costs like $3000 which is way to much for me to spend right now.

I set up my garage hitting bay with just the p3proswing and some gym flooring that I got from Sports Authority. The gym flooring holds the unit un place perfectly and is way cheaper than a golf mat (which you really don't need since you hit off the p3 itself). The backstop is some tarps I use for camping that are tied to rafters and the floor. I use my work laptop as the pc so my total cost for this setup was around $1000.

maybe you could convince her that you'll be saving a ton of money by not going to the range as often!

1000 dollars is a lot of range time...

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

I've only owned the p3proswing for a few months but I can't ever see myself playing simulator golf on it or using anything but the driving range feature. Plus I really (really really) hate hitting off the p3proswing unit itelf and would much prefer to be able to hit directly off a mat.

Well done!

Lets see some pics.
Whats in my bag

Driver: HiBORE XLS 9.5
Fairway Woods: Speed LD/F 5 Wood
Irons: X-20 Tour 3-PWWedges: CG12 Black Pearls 50, 56, & 60Putter: Tri-Ball SRTBalls: NXT TourUSGA Handicap: ???Low 9 Holes (This season): 37Low 18 Holes (This season): 76 (+4)

5 car garage? who are you, jay leno?

Yeah right!!!!!!

Whats in my bag

Irons: X-20 Tour 3-PWWedges: CG12 Black Pearls 50, 56, & 60Putter: Tri-Ball SRTBalls: NXT TourUSGA Handicap: ???Low 9 Holes (This season): 37Low 18 Holes (This season): 76 (+4)

There seems to be a lot of talk about simulators and launch monitors to use in the winter for game improvement. Is the p3swing the best for the money? I haveheard about bending shafts over time and accuracy not there. Other people suggest getting a launch monitor because the p3swing doesnt have that capibility to measure spin and launch. I have 2k to spend and am stuck. The vectorpro can do much of this but the p3swing looks to have more fun stuff?

The Vector Pro is sweet, but also has a base MSRP of about 3K. Too rich for me!

Whats in my bag

I like the way the p3 analyzes your swing from behind the ball and through impact to measure angle of attack, club face angle, etc. I was thinking of trying to a a cheap camera that will do ~400 fps and somehow mount it on a rig right above a tee so I can get top down high speed video in real time of what my club head is doing as it hits the ball. Anyone ever see footage like that?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm in the process of moving my outdoor net setup into my garage for the winter (basement is too low). Not the best net in the world, full-sized real range mat, and a 2-car garage. This means I'm going to have to set this up in a temporary fashion when I want to hit (with the cars out). Thinking of hanging a few old blankets behind the net or over the back of the net make sure nothing gets wild...anything else I should be concerned with? Only planning to use irons.

In my bag:

Driver Exotics XLD 10.5
5W Exotics XLD 18
3H Raylor 19Irons 4-PW X-20 Tour, Project X Shafts 6.0Wedges Oil can 52 & 60, 56Putter 2-Bar BladeBalls NXT Tour

I'm in the process of moving my outdoor net setup into my garage for the winter (basement is too low). Not the best net in the world, full-sized real range mat, and a 2-car garage. This means I'm going to have to set this up in a temporary fashion when I want to hit (with the cars out). Thinking of hanging a few old blankets behind the net or over the back of the net make sure nothing gets wild...anything else I should be concerned with? Only planning to use irons.

You may need something a bit stronger to hang up behind the net besides blankets. When I first installed my setup, I thought that the impact material would sufficiently absorb the balls, but they still travel with enough velocity to strike the wall and damage it (the ball speed coming of my driver is about 170 mph). I ended up nailing a sheet of foam to the wall behind the cage and that took care of any would be damage.

Whats in my bag

yeah blankets might be a bit light... i have a friend who put up a couple of comforters and they seemed to work better... even muted the sound alot more than my brothers tarp
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Hmmm...comforters...I think I can find a few of those in the basement - good idea!

In my bag:

Driver Exotics XLD 10.5
5W Exotics XLD 18
3H Raylor 19Irons 4-PW X-20 Tour, Project X Shafts 6.0Wedges Oil can 52 & 60, 56Putter 2-Bar BladeBalls NXT Tour

I wonder if my wife would let me set that up in the living room?

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

I wonder if my wife would let me set that up in the living room?

Don't ask, just do it one day while she is out shopping!

Whats in my bag

I need one of those

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

a wife that goes out shopping?

Just change "wife" to "hot chica" and add "for an indoor hitting bay" to the end of that.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

Just change "wife" to "hot chica" and add "for an indoor hitting bay" to the end of that.

Yes, yes......I'll have 2 please!
Whats in my bag

Note: This thread is 5259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!