IGNORED

My indoor hitting bay

Mallet
Note: This thread is 5259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I purchased a Golf Launchpad with Tiger Woods golf and that is a cheap alternative for those who cant see spending 1000+ on a cage. It hooks up to your PS3 or Computer. Its is pretty consistent.

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
Wood: Titleist 910Fd
Hybrid: Titleist 910H
Irons: Titleist AP1
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 56/11 60/7
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport 2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just showed those pics to the wife. She gave me the "no way in hell" look.

I am now wiping coffee off my screen after taking a sip and reading the above statement.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Just curious, how accurate do you feel this simulator is? Does it get your distances and club speed about right? Does it take into account hooks and slices?

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

I showed them to my GF and she thinks it's awesome. I can only assume if we were married I would get the same response you got.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

maybe you could convince her that you'll be saving a ton of money by not going to the range as often!
Whats in my bag

Driver: HiBORE XLS 9.5
Fairway Woods: Speed LD/F 5 Wood
Irons: X-20 Tour 3-PWWedges: CG12 Black Pearls 50, 56, & 60Putter: Tri-Ball SRTBalls: NXT TourUSGA Handicap: ???Low 9 Holes (This season): 37Low 18 Holes (This season): 76 (+4)

Sweet! I've been toying with doing something a little less permanent in my garage; something I could set up and take down easily. Have fun with that!

You could get a smaller net to hit into. I think they advertize a setup like that on the p3proswing.com website as well.

Whats in my bag

Irons: X-20 Tour 3-PWWedges: CG12 Black Pearls 50, 56, & 60Putter: Tri-Ball SRTBalls: NXT TourUSGA Handicap: ???Low 9 Holes (This season): 37Low 18 Holes (This season): 76 (+4)

This... is... AWESOME. That's relatively affordable as well. To be honest, I'd be happy if I had a space with enough room just to take a full swing without hitting the ceiling... but if I had the extra scratch too, I totally do that.

Kudos on that setup, I'm way jealous.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

where do you hang the projector? what model is it?

The projector is on the ceiling. It's an Optima XGA DLP model with 1024 x 768 resolution and 2800 lumens.

Whats in my bag

I got my p3proswing unit yesterday and have bit about 150 balls off it so far. My garage area is not ready yet so I've been using it in my living room . .hitting nerf balls at the fireplace and seeing the results on my tv. That set up might work just as well, actually . . .

I have been using my 5 iron and 7 iron. The 7iron is taped and the 5 iron is not. I am not sure yet how much difference the tape makes but it seems like it does help a little. Most of my shots seemed pretty realistic but sometimes it gives funny readings and says, for example, my club face is open 18 degrees when I know it wasn't.

It doesn't really show slices and hooks that well . . .the ball goes right but doesn't really "slice" like it does in real life. It looks more like a push than a slice.

Also, the unit seems to punish my swing faults way more than my golf clubs do in real life. At the range, if I take 50 swings with my 7 iron, most will land within 20 yards right or left of target. This thing had my balls going 30 and 40yards off target. Maybe because I use GI clubs? My clubs are 1990's Ping Eye 2 knock-offs.

I'm not that concerned, though, because it is showing the correct movement so if I can reduce or eliminate it on the simulator that should help in real life.

Overall I would say my first impressions are favorable and hopefully I will get it fine-tuned and adjusted to where it's even more accurate. But even if not then I think it will still be a good tool for me to make good use of my at home practice time.

I got my p3proswing unit yesterday and have bit about 150 balls off it so far. My garage area is not ready yet so I've been using it in my living room . .hitting nerf balls at the fireplace and seeing the results on my tv. That set up might work just as well, actually . . .

A couple of things about the results you are seeing. If the p3proswing tells you that your swing path is inside out (desirable), the club face was square at impact, but "open" just afterwards, check to see if the graphic of the club face after impact is a lighter shade of gray on the screen. If it is, the club is not passing over the last row of sensors as you swing. This is what usually causes an erronious "open" club face after impact depiction. I asked their tech support about it a few years ago, and they said it would be addressed in a later software release, but it appears to still be an issue. As for the penalties......experiment with the settings until you get a more accurate representation of your shot. Tee height has alot to do with it. There is also an option to turn penalties off all together which will not penalize your for shots not hit on the sweet spot. One final note.......keep the sensors clear and free from dust.

Have fun with it!
Whats in my bag

Since I am going to be traveling for a week or so, I just got an RMA to get the Grass Top Retrofit on my p3proswing. I used a newer model with the grass on it this weekend and I thought it was a great improvement on the "feel" of the unit. The price is $349, and you get a complete diagnostic and maintenance of your unit as part of the deal. Not to mention, it just plain looks better!

Whats in my bag

Note: This thread is 5259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!