IGNORED

Congratulations ZJ!

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 5479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Zach Johnson wins the Valero Texas Open in a playoff over James Driscoll! He did very well to hang on to an even par round today after his 60 from yesterday! He wins it for the second time in a row and deserved it aswell! CONGRATULATIONS ZJ!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Yeah I was pullin for him. He really seems genuine and it's hard not to pull for a guy like that.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

i wanted Goydos to win. he just doesnt have the killer instinct though.

fluffing a simple chip shot on the last doesnt help! mind you nothing is simple under that pressure!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

• Administrator
fluffing a simple chip shot on the last doesnt help! mind you nothing is simple under that pressure!

I just saw it (I went and played a quick nine just after 6), and it was pretty bad. You're a pro, you've got to be able to get u and down from there. Or at least not leave it in the fringe...

Congrats to Zach. He's really turning into a consistent winner - just about the only Stack and Tilter to do so. Update: Ouch on leaving that putt just short on 18 (the 72nd). Wow. Was right in the heart.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

plus going bogey bogey to finish doesnt help much either, heh...so how many wins does Zach have now? like 6 or 7 isnt it?

plus going bogey bogey to finish doesnt help much either, heh...so how many wins does Zach have now? like 6 or 7 isnt it?

ye hes a 6 time winner!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

I was standing 25 feet from the pin and won a bet that Goydos was going to make bogey from their. I also made money on ZJ making that putt on the playoff. We made other side bets that I won, but I won't talk too much about the guy a few groups in front of the leaders that made double from the bunker. Easy money

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

I'm a huge ZJ fan, him coming from Iowa and all. He is a really good guy who has done a lot for charity and things. Plus he always seems to win and lose with grace and poise.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Zach Johnson wins the Valero Texas Open in a playoff over James Driscoll! He did very well to hang on to an even par round today after his 60 from yesterday! He wins it for the second time in a row and deserved it aswell! CONGRATULATIONS ZJ!

How about posting a thread title such as "Texas Open winner [spoiler]"

that way those of us who DVR stuff won't see such information. I didn't really care as I just watched the Wings game and some other stuff first, but I was thinking about watching the last couple holes. I don't know, maybe I shouldn't complain, but I think a good rule would be not to post scores and winners in thread titles.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

It was an awesome match, i showed up saturday to La Cantera only to get to watch a grand total of maybe 12 balls get hit before the horns blew... waited, and waited, waited some more got hungry and tired of hearing the women chatter in the merch tent where we were waiting... got back today (sunday of course... i havent been to bed yet and am at work so its still today for me lol) to find ideal and awesome playing conditions and what a finish after having to leave the day before.... beautiful golf course and very well laid out... its a b**** to walk though... lots and lots of extreme ups and downs... acquired a new appreciation (once again) for the tour caddies... overall, a great two days and an epic finish for zach who IS truely a genuinely nice guy

sorry mate! i will do in the future!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

• Administrator

This discussion comes up nearly every time.

Solution: don't visit a golf forum if you don't want to see who won. Putting Zach Johnson's name in the title is better for searching.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This discussion comes up nearly every time.

1) Zach's name wasn't in the title... ZJ was

2) why is it better for searching... If I wanted to know who won I'd search for the tourny not an obscure player... so I think both might have advantages in searching? 3) as to not visiting... yeah, I knew I was taking my chances, but I just wanted to check a few things on my computer before I watched the end... like I said, I knew better, but I think it would be nice if people just posted tournament names, not winners. Anyway... back to the topic, nice to see Zach win again, would love to see him take a run at another major. He's definately piling up enough wins that validate his Masters victory (for those that thought it needed validation).
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

im glad zach won, driscoll just looks like a jerk. Doing his yoga stretches on the practice green....PAAAAAAAAlease!!!!!!
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

Note: This thread is 5479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!