IGNORED

So, apparantly I'm a sandbagger.

denver_nuggs_15
Note: This thread is 5455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I call my friend a sand bagger since he seems to shoot horribly in pre-league rounds that do not count for points but establish handicap. He magically improves (drastically) when the competition starts.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The solution would be to get an official handicap, then nobody can accuse you of making up a number higher than what you deserve because it's not a guess anymore.

Bingo.

-------------------

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

There is a phrase that states (I believe) "If you want to get rid of someone from your life lend them money." While not entirely applicable, portions of this, rings true in your situation. "Friends" don't get pissed at each other over a buck. And this is golf. It is entirely possible for a 12 HC to play par for seven holes. Just look at your old scorecards. I'm willing to bet that there are seven holes where you've played par golf. This time, they just happened to be consecutive. What are you going to do about it? Apologize for playing well? Last year, FWIW, I played the first seven holes on the back nine of my local course at -2. Why? Because I did not miss a fairway and was leaving my second shot with a distance no longer than a 7I. It happens.

Find new friends. Life it too short and golf is too much fun to be putting up with knuckleheads.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

There is a phrase that states (I believe) "If you want to get rid of someone from your life lend them money." While not entirely applicable, portions of this, rings true in your situation. "Friends" don't get pissed at each other over a buck. And this is golf. It is entirely possible for a 12 HC to play par for seven holes. Just look at your old scorecards. I'm willing to bet that there are seven holes where you've played par golf. This time, they just happened to be consecutive. What are you going to do about it? Apologize for playing well? Last year, FWIW, I played the first seven holes on the back nine of my local course at -2. Why? Because I did not miss a fairway and was leaving my second shot with a distance no longer than a 7I. It happens.

I have to say "Bingo" to that too!

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

I played the Mercedes Benz Championship (amateur) 4-5 years ago and was from the local qualifier to the regional winner so went to Maui for the National championship. My other 2 teammate is a total sandbagger. One of them he is about 1 handicapper but play as 9 handicapper (B player), other one is about 6 handi but played as 16 handicapper (C player). Myself is about 3 handicapper played as A player.

At the end of the tournament in Maui, we come in 3rd place cuz the first place and second place shot a sizzling round of 219 and 221 (that's avg 73 per player). (Our score 225, I was assumed we will win the Tiffany silver trophy for sure but end up with Jeff Sluman's signature)

I was wonder, how can a C player shot a round of 70's?

If you were winning holes with bogeys then it sounds to me like the 5 was really a vanity cap.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

As anyone who has improved will tell you, you'll get called a sandbagger even more so after getting a handicap.

Last year I went from a 32 handicap in March to a 15 in September. In 07, I went from 42ish to 32. Even though I don't win as much as I did last year, I still get called sandbagger.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

Sounds a little "fishy" that you would be having the best round of your life at even after 7, then double and bogey on purpose. That would be sandbagging. I guess you were being sarcastic.

Putting a string of holes together happens to everyone, and if I ever put together my best seven holes, I would not care about anyone else's feelings. I would want to par another 11 in a row!!

I was about a 12-15 handicap a decade ago, when I shot my PB: a 73. I wasn't playing for money, but I wish I would have been!! I would have bought a new driver!

Honestly, if you didn't have an official handicap and were just taking a "guess" saying that you were a 14, and then was even through 7, I'd be scratching my head too. But then again, I wouldn't be playing a money match against someone who guessed their handicap.

Note: This thread is 5455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!