IGNORED

It's time, to buy new irons. I need advice.

Note: This thread is 5451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

But playing them is the treat!

It's funny, as the clubs I enjoy playing the best are wedges. A well struck wedge that puts it inside of 8' is always a treat. Irons are nice, and I have yet to purchase/put together a driver that I went to the course / range and said, ahh thats the ticket. but wedges, I love the click and checkup of a nice wedge.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

It's funny, as the clubs I enjoy playing the best are wedges. A well struck wedge that puts it inside of 8' is always a treat. Irons are nice, and I have yet to purchase/put together a driver that I went to the course / range and said, ahh thats the ticket. but wedges, I love the click and checkup of a nice wedge.

mmm yeah, i <3 my wedges. its really the only clubs in my bag i can say that I love. well I do enjoy my driver, but mostly because people that play with me are just struck by how far i hit it. But I hate how loud it is.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Oh yeah Id put up with it sounding like a car backfiring if i drove it 330 yards dead center every time :)

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*

Do you have a club fitter near you? The problem with buying clubs without hitting them is what shaft do you need. A good friend bought Mizuno MX 52 irons. He called Mizuno and told them to put Nippon 1050 shafts in the irons. They shipped them in 2 days without an additional charge. It is a nice iron.

• 2 weeks later...
YAY Demo day was here this weekend!!! I hit every thing they had there heres a report. I hit every thing with PX 6.0 shafts (all they had) and DG S300

First went to Mizuno, Hit the 52,57,62,67's

52's Felt awesome! love them, every ball i hit was good, great ball working, could hit a draw (cant with my current clubs) hit a fade. Great control. Some of these are going to be in my bag

57's About the same as the 52's slightly less forgiving but solid feel great contact. But I think I'd pick the 52's if i had to choose one.

62's wow, love these. Great feel solid contact, but lost about 10 yards on everything.

67's MMMM butter, Ill be putting these in my bag 8,9 and PW with out a doubt. Also hit the MX700 20* Hybrid, it will be in my bag very very soon.

Over all Mizuno won my heart as far as Irons go. Every thing I hit I hit very well. I even hit a 67 3i very well (surprised me I cant hit my 3i worth a damn)

On to Nike,

Blades, well let me say I would have been sold if i would not have hit the 3 and 4, I hit the 6,7,8 so well I almost bought them. Until I hit the 3-4 felt horrible, had a crazy slice. but they are pretty.

Split cavity, meh these feel like you have a bit hunk of iron sitting on the end of a stick. I hit them well, the feel was horrible. over all not impressed.

Hit the New STR8 fit, mmm I likes, but I lost distance actually a lot.
Sumo Squared (new one) OMFG I crushed this driver and strait as hell I honestly could not hit a bad shot. hit 20 balls, Everything was 280-310 and all with in a 30 yard group from right to left.If I were looking to buy a driver it would be in my bag with out a doubt.

Ping. wont even bother typing.

Cleavland.
Couldn't hit any thing they had, but the blades, had WAY to much feed back even on well hit shits. I had great distance but no consistency.

Taylormade, well I bought new wedges from them, but was not over all impressed. How ever the new Burners are candy, I couldnt hit a fade, draw, but every thing was strait and long. Would buy them if i wanted a "improvement" set. Hit the R9, this thing is really over hyped, even the TM guy said he preferred the R7. I lost a good 20-30 yards over my driver. I take into account that that the shaft was not what I'm used to, it was really floppy for a Stiff flex.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*

So what I have decided.

Mizuno MP 52 3-7 MP 67 8-PW. S300 shafts.

The extreme route Im thinking of (this is also an option)

52's 3-4, 57' 5-7, 67's 8-pw. I'll also be replacing my hybrid with a Mizuno Mx700 20* I dont know that I would honestly benifit going to the 57's for my mid's but It crossed my mind.

But I may just go with all 52's and save my self some cash, work in the 67's later.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*

Note: This thread is 5451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!