IGNORED

Taylormade TP balls

Note: This thread is 5409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was surfing the Taylormade site, reading about the red's and blacks and found this link about 2008 TP Reds being put on the non conforming list.

http://www.tmag.com/tpred/

Now I play this ball , the red , and really like the feel off of my irons, all of them, including wedges, and in this article, I see the thing about a new side stamp and sticker, and realized the dozen I picked up at Wal-mart over the weeknd for $24.50 where infact the newer '09 balls. I still experiment with other balls, Pro V1x and the Bridgestone B 330 RX and the S but seem to come back to the taylormades every time.

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, though, that TP Reds with the old side stamp are okay to use for posting scores and casual tournaments that don't require that participants use a ball on the Conforming Golf Ball List.

so in other words..just cause you may not get caught, dont try and cheat and get away with it. just use the balls that conform to the USGA when competing. For the weekend duffer playing on the weekend, it does not matter at all. Go for it, you may get some of that small "hot batch" and impress your buddies.

Anyone else having an impossible time actually finding the new/conforming 2009 version of the TP Red?? I've checked 3 places to no avail.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

I can't imagine anyone still have the old version in stock. Are you sure you're not looking at the new one? It has the little "Tournament Edition" at the top corner of the box.

Anyone else having an impossible time actually

RZR Hawk 9.5

Diablo Tour 3W

RZR X Hybrid 21
09 X-Forged 4-P
X-Forged 52/56/60
Byron Morgan 007

My pack of V1X are getting low. Perhaps I will give some TP Blacks a try.

My swing has changed quite a bit since I got this pack of V1x, I am launching much lower than usual. Can't help but think a nice high launching ball might squeeze a few more yards out of the driver and woods.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

I can't imagine anyone still have the old version in stock. Are you sure you're not looking at the new one? It has the little "Tournament Edition" at the top corner of the box.

I'm sure. I've been specifically looking for the one with the little sticker on the box. Just to be sure, I've opened the boxes and looked at the logo on the side to see if they still have the forward slash i.e. TP/RED.LDP (indicating it is the 2008 version), and sure enough they do. I contacted TaylorMade yesterday to see what the deal is, no response yet.

Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

My pack of V1X are getting low. Perhaps I will give some TP Blacks a try.

I believe the ProV1x is also a high-launching ball. The difference is that the TP Black is also a higher-spinning ball, which may help you keep the ball airborne longer. It's certainly worth a shot, try a sleeve and if you like it, you can't beat that deal for 2 dozen TP's.

• 4 weeks later...
Which one has more greenside control. I'm looking for the one with more backspin.

Also, is 2 dozen for $55 a good deal?

Take advantage of that deal. The black has more spin. Quote from the TP black box:'Mid to higher launch angle for increased distance and control.....higher full shot and greenside spin'
Quote from the TP red box:'Mid to low launch angle for increased distance and control....controllable full shot and greenside spin'
I have tried both balls and there is very little difference between the two, the red feels a little softer off the putter. There isn't a big difference between these two balls like there is with the pro v1 and pro v1x. There have been a few threads about this recently.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

Also, is 2 dozen for $55 a good deal?

for 2 dozen brand new "tour" balls, then yes, thats a good deal. i, however, dont want to spend $55 for any golf ball, so buy them from lostgolfballs.com and get them for $8 per dozen!!!!!!! they are all in almost perfect condition and play like a brand new ball. i have no idea why people spend so much for a brand new ball when ou can get them for sooooo much cheaper form lostgolfballs.

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Burner 15* Stiff
Hybrid: Burner 19* Stiff
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

for 2 dozen brand new "tour" balls, then yes, thats a good deal. i, however, dont want to spend $55 for any golf ball, so buy them from lostgolfballs.com and get them for $8 per dozen!!!!!!! they are all in almost perfect condition and play like a brand new ball. i have no idea why people spend so much for a brand new ball when ou can get them for sooooo much cheaper form lostgolfballs.

Eh, I'm all about buying second-hand equipment because you can find some great deals, but buying used balls is a little different. Not saying everyone should buy brand new balls, because there are some people that can't tell the difference between a premium ball and a Top Flite, but if you are good enough to tell the difference in performance between golf balls, you could potentially be losing out by buying used balls.

There's been a few discussions about how most of them are found at the bottom of a lake and how the performance of "water-logged" balls differs from that of a fresh ball. I dunno, just my opinion, but unless I was extremely short on money and didn't really care if my balls didn't perform consistently, I don't think I'd ever buy a box of used balls. That's a great deal if you want to use them for a shag bag though!

Take advantage of that deal. The black has more spin. Quote from the TP black box:'Mid to higher launch angle for increased distance and control.....higher full shot and greenside spin'

Are you a high or low ball hitter? I hit the ball high already so I have had some success with the Red, especially when it comes to spin control, but it leaves me wanting more spin from 30 yards and in. My concern with the Black is that when playing in wind I tend to have that occasional blow-up shot that just gets caught in the wind and hangs in the air forever. Did you experience any of that with your mid-short irons?

I bought some of these from Target a few weeks ago.

LOOOOOVE the TP Red.

If I'm not driving the ball well, it can get pretty spinny off the driver for me sometimes, but if I'm hitting it decent off the tee that day, it is the only ball to play for me.

The thing I love the most is the bite it has on those intermediate wedge shots. Doesn't matter if it is sitting on a downslope, upslope, sideslope..whatever...where it lands, it stops. No release to gauge that changes from green to green.

The other thing I like about it is its durability. My spin-milled wedges can really chew up a golf ball, but these have stood up a test of multiple rounds and no marks to be seen.

I don't consistently mark shots with GPS and haven't been on a launch monitor, so I don't know about distance increases, but from 150 yards and in, this ball really impresses me.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

I bought both and even though I hit the ball high I like the Black better. I felt the red was a touch hard, not terrible mind you but the Black didn't spin as much as the ProV1. TP Black is my ball these days

I bought some of these from Target a few weeks ago.

I've had almost the exact opposite results with this ball. Off the driver, I don't think this ball spins much at all.

And the amount of bite is inconsistent, especially when facing a lie or shot that is less than straightforward. I'm starting to learn how the ball reacts a little better, but especially when I'm short-sided, I find myself yearning for more zip. Other than that though, like you said, I've been rather impressed with the performance.

I've had almost the exact opposite results with this ball. Off the driver, I don't think this ball spins much at all.

Ah, when I say mine gets too much spin off the driver, it's on days when I've got that out to in working against me and my swing path is putting spin on it already. Just seems like if I am doing that, it amplifies the spin once it gets to heading right or left.

I saw in an earlier post where you said you had trouble with the 30-yards and in spin. I haven't mastered the hop and stop from that distance, but most of my shots from say...40-80 yards do just that. I tried the Callaway Bite before this one and while it seemed like a decent enough ball, after one swing with my sand/gap wedge, that thing was chewed up for good. The reason I didn't try the TP Black was because I think I remember the package saying it was softer than the Red. FYI, I'm a high ball hitter as well.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

Ah, when I say mine gets too much spin off the driver, it's on days when I've got that out to in working against me and my swing path is putting spin on it already. Just seems like if I am doing that, it amplifies the spin once it gets to heading right or left.

Gotcha.

Yeah, anything from 85-150, I still have that shot that hops and sucks back if I want, so plent of spin there. 40-80 I have the hop and stop, but from 30 yards or even from simple greenside chips, I expect a little more check without having to take the shot airborne. I haven't tried the Black, but I believe it's supposed to be just a tad firmer than the Red actually.

So what's the main difference between the tp red and the black?

Hibore Driver
Burner Steel 3 Wood
Rescue Mid Hybrid
mp 52s
54* and 60* Spin Milled Wedges Craz-e Putter Bag Cart Neo gps

Note: This thread is 5409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!